Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Tommy Bowden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,287

Coach Tommy Bowden

Sep 21, 2005, 9:52 PM

I was thinking Sunday while recovering from that kicked in the nuts feeling about Coach Bowden and I came to this conclusion....we have a lot to be thanful for. Lets reflect a bit
1) Coach takes over a team of someone elses players and fires a winning season. Out of the gate we have something to look forward to at CU.
2) Brings in a recruiting class for the ages with crown jewel Roscoe Crosby. The class on paper was good...what came out of it was suprising
3) Probably one of the most underrated aspects of the program is the loss and or firing of assistants only to rebound with pleasant returns...not a believer? Look at where FSU has gone since Richt/Amato.
4) Closing of talent. FSU and Miami were L I G H T years ahead of us in 98. Coach Bowden not only identified this but set out on a quest to close that gap. On this point I would like to point something out. Clemson is not located in Tallahassee Fl and certainly not South Beach. There are certain things that we cannot overcome and location is one. Kyle Wright, Ken Dorsey and Lorenzo Booker to name a few are people who chose to leave Cali to play football. While not impossible it is going to be a tough sell to get them here. I only point this out to show that Coach B does NOT have these luxuries but has overcome....
5)..which leads to the last point...depth. Remember the days of playing one half of tough football against FSU only to watch the second half implode? Coach B has done the best job in this catagory. We have quality depth on our roster which has us playing at the edge of the cusp. We run deep and our depth coming in is such that true freshmen are contributors.

Hey I hate to lose as much as the next guy but give credit where it is due. Coach Boweden, you have done an exemplory job. I know times have been tough but my hat is off to you for sticking to your guns and having vision! THanks for your time in Tigertown and hopefully the Blue Ridge will shadow you for a long time!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOWDEN IS THE MAN***

Sep 21, 2005, 9:55 PM

would never wear a bowtie***

Sep 21, 2005, 11:47 PM

Re: Coach Tommy Bowden

Sep 22, 2005, 12:28 AM

He also runs a clean program, doesn't coddle players when they break rules, doesn't seek out the limelight, and doesn't make remarks that tick off other schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe in Tommy Bowden***

Sep 22, 2005, 6:01 AM

bowden is great.***

Sep 22, 2005, 3:02 PM

Clemson

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,287
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic