Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proud day for a Clemson dad!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,003

Proud day for a Clemson dad!!!

Jun 30, 2004, 12:45 PM

Wow, my wife and I dropped our daughter off yesterday to start her freshman year at Clemson. That was one of the best days of my life and one of the hardest.

My wife and I are Clemson grads and met each other soon after we started Clemson and have loved the school ever since. My daughter is a 4th generation Tiger now and a dream has come true. She's starting 2nd session of summer school, but for those of you with kids in line for Clemson or any other school, prepare yourself for a rollercoaster ride emotionally.

My daughter and I have always been very close, and I have always done a tremendous job of brainwashing her Clemson style. Some recollections:

-The day she was born I bought her a Clemson cheerleader doll from the hospital giftshop-that was her first toy! She slept with that doll for about the next 14 years until it was so scarred and torn we had to send that cheerleader to the attic.
-At about 4 years old she asked me in all seriousness why we dont like gamecocks. Always seemed obvious to me, but I taught her the Clemson/$SC facts of life then and there.
-My wife and I driving her and her younger sister 4 hours, each way, to about 5 Clemson football games each year for the past 18 years and both girls looking forward to our football saturdays. What great memories we've shared spending so much time together as a family(but isn't that what Clemson's really about anyways).
-Seeing the look on her face when she read her acceptance letter.

As proud as my wife and I are, yesterday, saying good bye was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It's easier though as I know she'll be living with her Clemson family for the next 4 years!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats and thanks for sharing your families story!!***

Jun 30, 2004, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats......I just got married and about to finish at CU..

Jun 30, 2004, 12:48 PM

I hope I can say the same about my kid someday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for you, she'll get a great education!*********

Jun 30, 2004, 1:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after all, showing such gross ignorance of another human being simply because of the institution where he or she received his or her degree ranks among the same ignorance of judging a person by the color of hisor skin, judging him or her by nationality, or judging the person by his or her economic upbringing.

while it's certainly honorable to be proud of your alma mater, it's naive and childish to think that every person of another school is "redneck" or "stupid" or "white trash."
- catahoula

great post***

Jun 30, 2004, 1:09 PM

I can't wait for that day...

Jun 30, 2004, 1:22 PM

I have 3 daughters, my wife and i are Grads and met there and my kids are Clemson family already. Same senario except a few years behing you. I share in your pride!!

My wife and I graduated from Clemson together on the same...

Jun 30, 2004, 1:39 PM

day. Now we have an 18month old little girl with another on the way. Your post hit close to home. Looking forward to saying the same thing one day.

You made me cry and my daughter is only 8 months old***

Jun 30, 2004, 2:41 PM

You made me cry and my daughter is 9 weeks old........I wish

Jun 30, 2004, 2:55 PM

your daughter the BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

Congrats sir You should be very proud!***

Jun 30, 2004, 2:58 PM

Re: Proud day for a Clemson dad!!!

Jun 30, 2004, 3:01 PM

dang I can't understand everybody saying that they can't wait for that day. I have a little girl and she is 18 months old. I hope to be a triple million billionaire before she is 18 so that she can just stay home with daddy. But if she has to go, It's got to be clemson of course.

coyote

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,003
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic