Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It must really hurt to be a Gamecock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

It must really hurt to be a Gamecock

Jan 7, 2014, 12:12 PM

It must really hurt to be a S. Carolina fan. I’ve never been a hater. I don’t go around calling people Coots.

But the attitude coming from most S. Carolina fans is fairly astounding. This is by far the glory years of their program. But they are totally incapable of enjoying it. Their obsession with their conference and with their arch-rival is robbing them of the satisfaction they should be feeling. My belief is that their obsession results from an inherit insecurity and strong suspicion that their success will last about as long as Spurrier’s liver. I also believe that as an overall fan base, they are pretty football ignorant.

The SEC is a better conference than the ACC. They were last year, are this year, and will be next year. So what? At the end of the day, teams are judged by their own accomplishments, not of the accomplishments of other teams in their conference. Otherwise, Clemson basketball would be a national power. ACC football is good enough to send two teams to BCS games and win a national championship. That’s all that matters in the real world.

By judging from my twitter feed and texts I was getting last night in the first half, pretty much every S. Carolina fan convinced themselves that Auburn’s quick start last night was all about conference – that FSU was a phony. They didn’t see it as nerves causing dropped passes and missed blocking assignments. By halftime I was pretty convinced FSU was going to come back and win. But I don’t think many S. Car fans thought that was even a remote possibility. The obsession about their conference is caused by their obsession with Clemson. The only cause I can come up with is they are still traumatized by Clemson’s perennial dominance of the rivalry. (scared as children, perhaps)

Their inability to enjoy being better than Clemson for now, and realizing that Clemson’s success in the ACC , bowl games and top-ten finishes only enhances their team’s status is sad. They’re wasting their glory years away with near madness.

It’s too bad for them. The reality is that Spurrier can’t and won’t coach forever. The blue chippers are coming to S. Car to play for him, not to play there. They’d better figure out how to enjoy this, because it won’t last a lot longer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It did hurt to be a Gamecock, losing to Navy, FU, Citadel

Jan 7, 2014, 12:18 PM

1-21, 63-17......on and on and on

These last five years have been great, especially in Greenville.

Don't forget to get add a L to 5 - 7 Tennessee.

Jan 7, 2014, 12:25 PM

On your list.

Biggest stain of the resume!

Not really ... they can still hang the

Jan 7, 2014, 4:04 PM

National Champions of Bowl Season 2013-14 banner in Billy B.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'm particularly impressed....

Jan 7, 2014, 12:27 PM [ in reply to It did hurt to be a Gamecock, losing to Navy, FU, Citadel ]

by all of the division, conference and BCS Bowl championships that have been won during what can only be described as the pinnacle of Capon football under Tommy Bowden reincarnate Steve Slurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm particularly impressed....

Jan 7, 2014, 5:03 PM

Tommy never got us to #4 in the country. Think he got us to 14, which was his best.

Nice, your stupidity is showing.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:20 PM

#9 in 2008
#13 in 2007
#8 in 2006
#13 in 2001
#5 in 2000

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Doesn't matter if you don't at least make a BCS Bowl at #4

Jan 8, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm particularly impressed.... ]

Only thing a ranking is good for is participating in BCS bowls, which you have never done. Ever.

For the coots yammering on about #4

Jan 8, 2014, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I'm particularly impressed.... ]

This quote from Athlon sums it up nicely:

"Florida State ended the SEC’s streak of seven consecutive national championships, but Alabama’s loss to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl gave the SEC an 0-2 record in the BCS. The league still finished 7-3 in bowl season, but the SEC doesn’t pride itself on merely winning Capital One Bowls and Cotton Bowls."

Congrats, you finished #4 because you failed to win your division. You didn't even get a BCS at-large bid. You also didn't play any of the teams that make the SEC dangerous this year. Have a cookie.

The last several years have been great for me too because

Jan 7, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to It did hurt to be a Gamecock, losing to Navy, FU, Citadel ]

my quality of life isn't based on something I can't control.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mine is and will continue to be as long as....

Jan 7, 2014, 12:35 PM

my wife controls 50% of the money and 100% of the *****.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock

Jan 7, 2014, 12:27 PM

Tennessee did suck. But maybe you guys just think it hurts because you have never been in the top 10 3 years in a row. It is actually pretty pleasant. Especially when you see how badly it upsets your rival.

We're not upset, you are.***

Jan 7, 2014, 12:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're not upset, you are.***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:46 PM

Did you go to the Pee Wee Herman school of comebacks?

Please show where Clemson fans are upset

Jan 7, 2014, 2:34 PM

And then go over to FGF and see the vitriol spewed from those #### lovers about Clemson's accomplishments. Night and day.

Comebacks? Are you old enough to be on here son?***

Jan 8, 2014, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: We're not upset, you are.*** ]

Re: We're not upset, you are.***

Jan 8, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: We're not upset, you are.*** ]

> Did you go to the Pee Wee Herman school of comebacks?

Never heard of this school. Is it in Columbia near the river?

Kinda like when you finally manage to start....

Jan 7, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock ]

holding-up your end of the rivalry yet continue to get over-shadowned in the local and national media by said rival.

I have definitely noticed how badly that upsets a rival too.

Re: Kinda like when you finally manage to start....

Jan 7, 2014, 12:38 PM

You mean the local and national media that has voted us ahead of our rival for everyone of the past 5 years of the time period you pseak of?

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

and all that got you ....

Jan 7, 2014, 12:44 PM

was a 4th and 5th place $EC ring and a couple of "What's in your wallet" t-shirts.

You must be very proud.

Re: and all that got you ....

Jan 7, 2014, 1:49 PM

3 straight top 10's, you got that in your wallet.

The ONLY people impressed by that....

Jan 7, 2014, 4:02 PM

are other Capon fans.

From the looks of the most recent recruiting rankings, the high school prospects sure aren't.

Too bad that aren't any other 5-star players in Spartanburg or Rock Hill that can be bought with $CU booster money.

I bet those "3 straight top ten" rings are awesome!*******

Jan 8, 2014, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: and all that got you .... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you agree that they are not overshadowed in the media

Jan 7, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to and all that got you .... ]

after all? I'm confused.

Jan 7, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to and all that got you .... ]

Maybe 4th or fifth in the SEC but that equates to #4 in the Nation. Just shows you how hard it is to play 7 or eight SEC opponents week to week.

Have you officially announced you're a SCar fan yet?***

Jan 7, 2014, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Maybe he's afraid to go full coot....***

Jan 8, 2014, 6:05 PM

You are #4 because you didn't make the SECCG

Jan 8, 2014, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: and all that got you .... ]

Auburn would have spanked you out of the top 10, but you didn't make it.

who did you play so hard in SEC ,you didn't play Ala. Auburn

Jan 8, 2014, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: and all that got you .... ]

A&M sucked, You played Mizz. with out their starting Qb.

Jan 8, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: and all that got you .... ]

> Maybe 4th or fifth in the SEC but that equates to #4
> in the Nation. Just shows you how hard it is to play
> 7 or eight SEC opponents week to week.

TN was pretty hard....

Jan 7, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Kinda like when you finally manage to start.... ]

Please tell me how often you clowns were in the news when it didn't involve Spurrier being drunk or Clowney's hit? Thought so. By the way you are ranked 4th by default because of all the higher ranked teams that lost. You beat a crappy Wisconsin team congrats! So tell me what is in your wallet? LMFAO! Stupid coots will be stupid coots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't beat them if QB hadn't gone down***

Jan 8, 2014, 9:31 PM

Jan 7, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Kinda like when you finally manage to start.... ]

Overshadowed? I believe we are the higher ranked team.

Do you always view things through squinted eyes?

Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM

There is an entire forest, yet all you can see is one tree.

Jan 8, 2014, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Kinda like when you finally manage to start.... ]

If you played Bama this weekend, you would get kicked to sleep. And what are they ranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2014, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Kinda like when you finally manage to start.... ]

Clemson ENVY!!!

we aren't on y'alls board, y'all are here !

Jan 7, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock ]

next.

Re: we aren't on y'alls board, y'all are here !

Jan 7, 2014, 1:48 PM

In the current environment it is more fun to listen to your fans whine than ours.

So you are just as tired as Clemson fans

Jan 7, 2014, 2:37 PM

about SC fans whining about Clemson? Cool story.

Congrats I am happy for you. Not speaking for the majority

Jan 7, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock ]

of Clemson fans for sure, but I actually like for the ##### to be relevant.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Jan 7, 2014, 12:28 PM

Very well written and probably true, unfortunately, for SOME Gamecock fans. But not all of us. Not even the majority of us really and it isn't even close.
No different than me realizing the Savage isn't the best representation of Clemson fans, either. All you need is YouTube to know that we both have some we aren't proud of.
The majority of us recognize what Clemson did this year and at the same time are proud as can be that our program has been elevated from total obscurity to being one of the top 5 programs in the nation over the past 3 years (strictly based on wins and losses). Most of us enjoy an occasional jab at a rival friend but for the most part just go on with thier lives. And I have many Clemson fan friends that are the same way with me.
I just wish there was more of that on this board and less of the blah blah crap.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Jan 7, 2014, 12:34 PM

I think you just proved the op's point. Why are you here? You are a #### fan, why are you on a Clemson board? This just proves during your epic run you still care what we think.

Jan 7, 2014, 12:41 PM

Well of course I do. You responded to my post so you care what I think, apparently.
Miss the part where I said I have several Clemson fans and interract with them everyday.
I just had the crazy idea that it would be fun to discuss college football on a website created to discuss college football.
Coot logic, I guess?

Jan 7, 2014, 12:48 PM

Website wasn't created to discuss college football. It was created for Clemson fans about Clemson sports teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jan 7, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock ]

No we don't. I just like to take every opportunity I can to tell a coot how stupid they are. Doesn't matter what you write.

Jan 7, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock ]

Top five programs in the past three years?

Jan 7, 2014, 4:56 PM

Only three teams in the nation have a better win% then we do over the past 3 years and only 4 have more total wins. Bama, Oregon and I can't remember the others right now.

It's called an inferiority complex***

Jan 7, 2014, 12:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did finish with a top 5 ranking

Jan 7, 2014, 12:37 PM

So give them credit. However our Top 10 ranking ranking is superior since by FSU winning last night the ACC is now the toughest conference top to bottom. Wake Forrest would destroy LSU now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2014, 12:50 PM

The Clemson gods have apparently fornicated and birthed an empath.

Jan 7, 2014, 4:13 PM

No you have them confused with incest by you #### a doodle doos.

Jan 8, 2014, 9:09 AM

That confused barb is going to sting for the rest of the week.

Re: It must really hurt to be a Gamecock***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2014, 1:58 PM

Honestly, with Spurrier's rants lately, he is being seen more and more as a grumpy old man. I doubt many blue chippers want to play for a grumpy old man.

Jan 7, 2014, 2:25 PM

Totally agree, man. Astute observation and conclusion.

#4, 11 wins for 3 years, 5 in a row, legend coach, Ouch!***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:13 PM

Re: #4, 11 wins for 3 years, 5 in a row, legend coach, Ouch!***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:14 PM

And no championships.

State Champions, BRUH!!!

Jan 7, 2014, 5:29 PM

:)

Re: #4, 11 wins for 3 years, 5 in a row, legend coach, Ouch!***

Jan 8, 2014, 5:43 PM [ in reply to #4, 11 wins for 3 years, 5 in a row, legend coach, Ouch!*** ]

Have you even looked at who you won against, and the score at the end. There is nothing in your win loss schedule that even hints that the coots a true #4 team in the country. There are more than 10 teams that if you coots played, it would take more than your good luck to beat. You are #4, but you are #4 by default by better teams than you losing to better teams than you. Tenn un ranked you loss to. Clemson you beat with Clemson 6 turn overs, and 3 of them giving you a 30 yard field. Mizzoo you beat with their QB going down, and you won in OT by a Field goal. You loss to UGA with Gurley injured by 11. You beat Vandy by 10 at home. You beat UCF by 3.You beat Kentucky by 7 at home.You beat Fla.at home by 5 with a 4th/5th string QB. Look at who you play and how you beat them. A person with a brain don't you as a true #4 ranked team in the country. Who you played, and how you won, shows the luckiest gamecock team ever in your history. Your team 2 years ago would have beat the life out of the one y'all fielded this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A person with a brain.....?

Jan 8, 2014, 5:49 PM

Every media member, from all over the country, that covers all teams and all conferences, as well as every FBS level coach....as a group.....does not agree with you.

Re: The 1969 ACC Championship is all they have to hang onto***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:18 PM

Jan 7, 2014, 4:19 PM

That and their made-up titles. Bowl Season National Champions, Fifth Place SEC Champions, and State Champions.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:17 PM

My thoughts….5 wins in a row? top 5 finish? three straight 11 wins seasons. if i had three heads i'd hang all three hats on each one of those. Clemson can't say those three things right now. They are things USC achieved on their own. Clemson didn't earn a BCS bowl, it was given to them. they were not among the 8 best teams in the nation…aka…undeserving of playing in a BCS bowl. along with UCF.

Sour grapes, coot.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:25 PM

All you had to do was beat Tennessee and you'd have been in a BCS bowl. Or beat them and Georgia and you could have gotten smacked by FSU.

All you're doing is making excuses, but that's par for the course for a coot. The fact is that you'll never win anything in the SEC and you know it. That's why you're on Tnet running your mouth.

Re: Sour grapes, coot.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:31 PM

Excuses?

The fact you mention your 5 straight wins in that category

Jan 7, 2014, 7:49 PM

is evidence of your inferiority complex. Is Clemson happy about losing to the number sign, number sign, number sign, number sign, number sign? No, but we are more happy about our BCS win. Spurrier told y'all not to worry about beating Clemson when he first came to Cola and to concentrate on winning the SEC, but I guess he has developed a complex too now.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

best years in SC's football history and still nothing

Jan 8, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Sour grapes, coot. ]

to show for your effort. No SEC title or NC title. Empty trophy case oh well maybe next year.

Jan 8, 2014, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1969 ACC Championship is all they have to hang onto*** ]

By BCS rule we were deserving. FSU was heading to the NCG. That left Clemson the next top acc team for the orange bowl. Call it what ever makes you feel better but, Clemson was the next man up for the BCS orange bowl game. I bet you coots didn't feel a 1 loss OUS team wasn't deserving of a BCS game either. Clemson excepted the first bowl invite offered, and won it. But I would actually bet that your fan base believes that OSU wasn't interested in being their and gave the game to Clemson like LSU did last year. By your logic, Bama should have never been in a BCS bowl either. Lets just speak of the acc and the sec. Auburn and Bame were the best two teams in the sec. FSU and Clemson were the best two teams in the acc. #1 FSU and #2 Auburn went to the NCG. That left Bama for a BCS game, and Clemson for a BCS. What place was Usuc in the sec, #4 or 5th right. There was no place for usuc in a Bowl Championship Series game. Don't be all A$S hurt over us being in a BCS bowl, blame Slurrier for letting an un ranked Tenn beat your team. Blame Mizzoo for not beating Auburn. Clemson had nothing to do with usuc not going to a BCS bowl. I actually wish that Y'all could have went to the NCG. Because I would have LOVED NOTHING better than watching FSU absolutely "SLAUGHTERING" usuc in front of the world on national TV.

Jan 8, 2014, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1969 ACC Championship is all they have to hang onto*** ]

State championships are played by High Schools teams. There has never been a college state championship game. To declare that, they would have to declare Clemson a champion that they beat.

Pain only comes with self-realization...

Jan 7, 2014, 7:55 PM

...and a Capon fan is obvious a bit lower on the ladder than that.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2014, 6:38 PM

It might last 2 or 3 more years, maybe!

Re: I think Coach Granny Coot fuels much of it in the media***

Jan 8, 2014, 7:21 PM

LMAO -Alabama Mouth and a Vanderbilt Trophy Case....

Jan 8, 2014, 7:32 PM

as described by an Auburn fan who is tired of USuC riding the coat tails of legitimate SEC teams. They also pointed out that this FSU team kicked the living cr*p out of the Coots when many of theseus guys were freshmen. Ask Lattimore if he remembers his chicklets being rearranged by a 175 lb. cornerback.

Re: LMAO -Alabama Mouth and a Vanderbilt Trophy Case....

Jan 8, 2014, 7:59 PM

Bama mouth with a coot trophy case is more like it. Surely in over a hundred years, Vandy has won more than the coots;)

It is a mental disorder

Jan 8, 2014, 7:32 PM

exhibit a:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 74
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic