Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ON BASHING AND TRASHING CLEMSON...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

ON BASHING AND TRASHING CLEMSON...

Jan 27, 2013, 5:58 PM

I rarely call out folks on TNet, because I realize that most posters are good, decent people simply having a good time...even some of the fans of other schools...and I understand that emotions can rage on a variety of topics.

Perhaps, it is the fact that I came through the system years ago, that I have mellowed over the years or that I simply don't care to get into wild rants with others. However, the older Tigers, who went through the "Rat" system will understand.

All during those "Rat" days, the upperclassmen constantly encouraged our immersion into all types of activities, including attending sports' events, and most importantly stressed an unwritten code that Clemson folks never speak negatively against the school or fellow Clemson folks publicly...and if privately, very privately.

Now, of course, TNet affords the luxury of anonymity, which does allow a form of public negativity. However, I would be loath to think that I may post thoughts that I wouldn't say openly under my real name. I don't mind constructive discussions, but all this bashing and trashing (as its called now) is unsettling and not what I'd expect from mature, responsibly thinking adults with common sense and a devotion to Clemson. Now, I may joke with or rib a poster from time to time, but it's always meant good-naturedly, and I think it would serve some people well to consider their posts carefully prior to posting.

Does this mean I always believe all is right in the house? No...but I refuse to engage in trashing my Alma Mater, the fellow members of the Clemson family and/or our programs, for I simply value and prize what Clemson and my fellow Tigers have meant to me for so many years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ON BASHING AND TRASHING CLEMSON...

Jan 27, 2013, 6:04 PM

OK, this from a guy I heard trash Dabo for not scoring 90 points against Duke back in early November!! Baaahahahahahaha!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ON BASHING AND TRASHING CLEMSON...

Jan 27, 2013, 6:06 PM

Now brothers lets not fight! :)

We never do or have....I'm always right! lol***

Jan 27, 2013, 6:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it comes to Clemson Football

Jan 27, 2013, 6:12 PM

I guess you could say, we're both "The Excitable Type"!!

I'll give you this: I can't imagine a more rabid,

Jan 27, 2013, 6:17 PM

orange-blooded Tiger fan than yourself....Thanks, you've been there all your life, all the way, ALL IN for Clemson.

HaHaHaHa....I must admit that I am a greedy type...

Jan 27, 2013, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: ON BASHING AND TRASHING CLEMSON... ]

especially when it comes to our winning football games; however, you misunderstood my extremely loud encouragement for more scoring...which I've always done and will continue to do. GOOOOO DABOOOOOO...PILE EM UP!!!

things changed after the woo-hoo was introduced.***

Jan 27, 2013, 6:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

While at a family gathering upstate in early November, we

Jan 27, 2013, 6:37 PM

were watching Clemson/Duke, and the crowd started WOO-HOOING after a TD. I laughed, got slammed, then resumed my old yells. It was all of them against one! lol

I bet Lespaw is a big woohooer, does he woohoo at all the

Jan 27, 2013, 6:47 PM

family get togethers?

My money is on "YES"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

LOL....He's too old school....Don't think I've ever heard

Jan 27, 2013, 6:51 PM

him, but the rest of crowd does...including a nephew who is a recent CU grad.

"You can call me Les, you can call me paw,

Jan 27, 2013, 6:57 PM [ in reply to I bet Lespaw is a big woohooer, does he woohoo at all the ]

You can call me a dirty SOB, but you ever call me a woohooer again I'll finish this fight!!!"

GWP....See! I told you.....LOL***

Jan 27, 2013, 7:00 PM

Lol! That is the only response to being called a woohooer

Jan 27, 2013, 7:14 PM [ in reply to "You can call me Les, you can call me paw, ]

;)

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

LOL....Surprised DSP hasn't jumped aboard to accuse you

Jan 27, 2013, 7:27 PM

of something. Maybe, it's "Be Nice to GWP Night."

I think he's busy watching a Golden Girls marathon on

Jan 27, 2013, 7:33 PM

Lifetime. He'll be back when that's over.

Probably Downton Abbey***

Jan 27, 2013, 7:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

No doubt ready to accuse you of WOO-HOOING...again!

Jan 27, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to I think he's busy watching a Golden Girls marathon on ]

Stand your ground! lol

gwp says he woohoos because it's his favorite palindrome...

Jan 28, 2013, 9:44 AM

i never had the heart to break it to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, it's because it has a certain melodic rhyme...

Jan 28, 2013, 3:30 PM

or maybe, not. LOL

which might explain the clay aiken poster over his bed?

Jan 28, 2013, 3:47 PM

not that there's anything wrong with that...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to type when you're Gimped-Up in someone's trunk...***

Jan 27, 2013, 7:55 PM [ in reply to LOL....Surprised DSP hasn't jumped aboard to accuse you ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said!***

Jan 27, 2013, 6:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I have said it before and I say it again

Jan 27, 2013, 8:46 PM

you are one of my favorites on here. One of my motto's i live by: there is no substitute for experience.
If you are younger...learn from this. It is really smart to READ what you type. Think about it for a second. Is it still smart? Go ahead and post.
Do yourself a favor...do it in that order if for one second you think you should.

Thank you....There are many on TNet who are thoughtful

Jan 28, 2013, 5:26 AM

posters, including yourself, and admittedly, many who are certainly more knowledgable about our programs than I. I signed onto the site mainly to derive more information about CU athletics, but have been amazed with a lot of the expertise. I suppose all of us have to realize that the lurkers and bashers are few, while the pro-Clemson supporters are in the majority...otherwise, I wouldn't care to be on the site. I will admit, also, that not all the lurkers are negative; rather, they help to provide some perspective, which is good. Nevertheless, I don't condemn our younger, more passionate friends, but try to encourage a little forebearance, which will serve them well as they grow older.

Nice job Hartins

Jan 27, 2013, 8:52 PM

May your nets be full of shrimp and your hooks full of fish

LOL...I'd rather my plates be full of shrimp...egg-dipped,

Jan 28, 2013, 9:02 AM

cracker meal coated and fried about two minutes. As for fishing, I'll let the more sporting members of TNet have the honors...the last time I tried it, they weren't biting after five minutes, so I said, "The h3ll with it," went out to a local seafood shop, bought some...and was over and done with it in a flash.

Message was edited by: hartins®

Thank you!***

Jan 27, 2013, 11:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IT's ALL

Jan 28, 2013, 8:48 AM

George W' s fault

LOL....Actually, I've long thought it was George

Jan 28, 2013, 9:09 AM

Washington's fault. When asked by one of the British Generals to surrender, ole GW replied, "Kiss my a$$, you Limey POS"...which is why Americans developed a penchant for crude bashing this and that. Thus, VOILA...we have TigerNet and the infamy that sometimes lies herein!

Not all are country gentlemen like you

Jan 28, 2013, 7:48 PM

there are all types on here, from dirt grime rednecks living in trailers with beers in hand and barefoot kids running about, to rich people in mansions. Get used to it.

Actually, I don't argue your statement; however, even

Jan 28, 2013, 8:18 PM

the lowest and highest among people will have their moments of common decency. I can only try to demonstrate it myself while encouraging the same among others.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic