Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is a very sad day if what is being said is true. We just
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

It is a very sad day if what is being said is true. We just

Jun 13, 2012, 2:22 PM

let an opportunirt of a lifetime slip through our hands. No matter what anybody says, this is an academic issue. It seems our administration will be happy watching us be a better than average football team competing in a league that will hae no rewards to reap. Feel quite sure the Orange Bowl will be gone now, soon followed by the Peach. Its ok though, our administration will have fun celebrating our many ACC championships at tehe balmy Music City/Pinstripe/Emerald Nuts/Pinstripe/Sun Bowl against the mighty Navy Midshipmen or if we are lucky maybe even the matchup of a lifetime against Boise St on December 23rd!!!!

Seriously, us fans deserve a lot better. As Mickey said in his blog, we have been fans longer than Dabo has been coaching here and will be fans longer than he will be the coach here. Thousnads of us scrape up pennies throughout the year in order to pay IPTAY so that we can have the ability to purchase tickets. We deserve to see a higher standard of football. Instead, our cheerleader head coach (no offense, don't have any other issues with Dabo other than his blatant disregard for making our brand--his brand--better.)just closed his best sales job ever by convinving our BOT that the ACC will have a seat at the big boy table. Dabo backed them into a corner yesterday and in order to save face the BOT will block this move. His spin on recruiting is an excuse, as at least seven and every other year, eight games will still be played in the state of SC. The other 4 to 5 will cost a recruits parents no more to fly to see their son play. So somehow Dabo can spin Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland, Blacksburg to being much different than Morgantown, Ames, Manhattan KS, etc.

Sorry had to vent. Just one very disgruntled fan. I have held out hope for several years that we would be able to witness greatness once again and have the chance to see the big boys come to the Valley. Instead, Wake, Duke and the like can continue to bring their 250 rabid followers and their many crickets to the Valley to witness "The Most Exciting 25 Seconds in College Football" at 11:55 AM! Say goodbye to national attention, seas of orange, and a chance to have bragging rights. Way to go BOT and congratulate your puppet master, Mr. Dabo Swinney!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is a very sad day if what is being said is true. We just

Jun 13, 2012, 2:24 PM

Dabo doesn't want to go to the Big 12 because it wouldn't be in HIS best interest; it has nothing to do with Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 4:29 PM

he still gets to play usuc every year, and if that worst case scenario does indeed play out, you can bet your bottom dollar clemson will look at that game likes it the superbowl. usuc fans (and team) had better hope it doesn't happen that way. heck, usuc might never win another game against us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have faith, man. Not in Dabo, TDP, the ACC, or the Big 12.

Jun 13, 2012, 2:25 PM

Not even in Clemson.

You've got to have faith in york_tiger. He has never let us down.

Hey man, there's always a first time.***

Jun 13, 2012, 3:16 PM

Jun 13, 2012, 2:26 PM

"Instead, Wake, Duke and the like can continue to bring their 250 rabid followers......."

That's 250 followers for Wake and Duke combined, of course

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That number being that high would have to include the

Jun 13, 2012, 9:02 PM

pep band.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone needs to remember that if Clemson doesn't go to the

Jun 13, 2012, 2:26 PM

Big 12, it's more than likely NOT because of what Dabo said. It also is quite possible that it's not because the BOT or admin said no. It could very well be that the Big 12 didn't want us!

True but these talks didnt just start in thin air. this is

Jun 13, 2012, 2:28 PM

the same way the aTm and Mizzou shook out and that eventually came to fruition.

I agree, but until it's truly done, anything can change.....

Jun 13, 2012, 2:31 PM

the rumors I read suggest that they may take ND instead of Clemson. Nobody really knows what is going on where things will end up.

My point is that despite what many people think, our BOT, President, and AD are not complete idiots and not doing what is best for Clemson would cost them their job. I don't know of many people that intentionally do something to lose their job.

this

Jun 13, 2012, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Everyone needs to remember that if Clemson doesn't go to the ]

I dont like the ACC or Swoff but I am not sure any other conference is right for us just yet. I think the CU BOT is trying to determine that. I trust them to make the best decision possible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 2:28 PM

There are some "fans' Clemsom could do without, Maybe you are just one of them

That is getting very closer to relaity, don't worry. Along

with me there will be plenty of others to join me and our stadium will look like Chernobyl in a few years.

Re: That is getting very closer to relaity, don't worry. Along

Jun 13, 2012, 3:41 PM

Good I will be glad to buy your tickets. Ever consider that the Big 12 might not want us???

Is that supposed to make us feel better?***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:38 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is getting very closer to relaity, don't worry. Along

Jun 14, 2012, 7:25 AM [ in reply to That is getting very closer to relaity, don't worry. Along ]

This is a very discouraging post from the op . I guess what I would interject is that the BOD and AD are going to do what they are capable of doing and they most assuredly will have Clemson's best interests when seeking any new deals or conference alignments. Dabo Swinney has got Clemson's back my friends... he really honestly means it when he shows that Tiger pride and hoots and holers about our place in college football ! Every time someone comes on here and bemoans our failing to do something at the managerial level , I think that maybe this person doesnt have any thing else to bit(h about that particular day.... Just stop it already with the crying and doomsday boohooing , support Clemson in all that we do . GO TIGERS !!!

pre-Christmas bowl games are very convenient for fans

as you can enjoy your holidays at home instead of putting up with that godawful travel around New Year's Day. Most here seem to be content with that by wanting to stay in the ACC.

I don't really mind - I lived Clemson's heyday in the 80's and wow, what a wonderful ride that was. What great memories being the feared program that we were. They can never take that away from me.

But I do kind of hate it for the youngsters out there who will never be able to see Clemson at its finest. But hey, that seems to be the growing sentiment, to stay behind as Swoffie's battered but loyal spouse, while our rivals take advantage and continue to reap the benefits of the new media's riches.

Killing the Golden Goose of football is like ripping away a

huge part of the soul of Clemson.

There is no way you can slice it or dice to make the ACC what it is not. It is not a football conference.

When 10,000 visiting fans from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, and Texas A&M show up in your stadium you know it is big-boy football.

In the ACC --FSU and Clemson are the only ones that travel that well. VT is 3rd. That is it.

Big 12 could have had FSU, Clemson, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklamoma State, and West Virginia.

Sad day if we have indeed killed our Golden Goose here at Clemson. I hope the door is still open.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you imagine TNet when the SEC (read: So. Car.) strikes

Jun 13, 2012, 3:01 PM

gold with a new TV deal soon? Crump will have to shut down TNet for several days to let people cool off.

not sayig we are going or not...

Jun 13, 2012, 2:32 PM

but take what that g swaim guy says with a grain of salt.he was preaching in the beginning that texas was on board with fsu and clemson.he was also harping that texas was after nd to be team 13.over the past few days it has started to look more and more like clemson and fsu isnt going.so this is his way out.

Re you can't let the tail wag the dog.. I still have faith

Jun 13, 2012, 2:35 PM

in our administration.

Dude, Relax.

Jun 13, 2012, 2:36 PM

Quit already with the Duke and Wake bull.

Do you think Iowa State, Kansas, Texas Tech, etc. bring national attention in football? think again. Suit up the nooners for those games as well. Every conference has a few yawners. Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, and UK would be nooners in the valley if we were in the SEC also.

Miami, FSU, VT, GT and Clemson have as much a chance to win the national title in the ACC as Texas, Oklahoma, OSU, TCU, and WVU does in the Big 12.

Don't leave 50+ years of tradition because you hate 1 man, Swofford. Clemson will be around long after he is gone.

Well said

Jun 13, 2012, 2:47 PM

If FSU and Miami haven't sucked for so long and if
VT and Clemson haven't choked like we have there
wouldn't be any perception of ACC weakness.

Corporations are people. So is Soylent Green.

But there is that perception and when getting

Jun 13, 2012, 3:01 PM

outrecruited by SEC schools it will be harder and harder each year to reverse the trend.

Beat AU and USC this year, trend's reversed.***

Jun 13, 2012, 3:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I hope so... losing to Scar will most likely give them

Jun 13, 2012, 3:17 PM

6 years in a row landing the states top player.

Re: Beat AU and USC this year, trend's reversed.***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Beat AU and USC this year, trend's reversed.*** ]

With the dumpster fire that is Auburn right now, I'm not sure that a win over them is going to carry much national weight.

I was responding to his post about reversing recruiting

Jun 13, 2012, 5:28 PM

trends against SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beat AU and USC this year, trend's reversed.***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Beat AU and USC this year, trend's reversed.*** ]

The perception could be changed but the problem is that the SEC knows it. Thats why moves are being made now to section off four conferences and slam the door on the rest. If that happens then perception will no longer matter. The current perception will become engraved as reality.

However, i am not sure its going exactly as the SEC hoped. I dont think the SEC wants clemson and fsu to stay. I think they are trying to pressure yall to move, thus weakening the acc. Then the sec, big 12, and b1g split who they want from acc. If clemson and fsu stick together in acc there are not enough football schools to go around. sec wants vt but want get them unless uva is taken care of with a b1g invite. If the entire acc sticks it may still be an uphill battle but it will throw a wrench in the plans. Big 12 may feel the squeeze then as they are the conference needing members. Not sure what happens if all acc members refuse to budge. If anyone goes though clemson better be one of them.

BS again...***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:22 PM [ in reply to But there is that perception and when getting ]

Shut up Bryanttiger. This post, like all your posts, add

Jun 13, 2012, 6:54 PM

nothing of value to this site.

I'm really not trying to put words in your mouth, but isn't

Jun 13, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Well said ]

that like saying, "If the ACC wasn't weak the ACC wouldn't be weak?"

If a frog had wings...***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Well said ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Dude, Relax. ]

another informative post by bryanttiger/85-alum.***

Jun 13, 2012, 7:08 PM

Jun 13, 2012, 2:36 PM

I would imagine this is pretty self serving from Dabo's point of view. Dabo knows that the number of wins per season required for him to keep the heat off of his back is achieved much easier in the ACC than the big 12. One can have a fairly mediocre team, and win an ACC title. That was proven last year. Just on a job security bases why in the world would he have any interest in moving to a more challenging situation?

Re: Bingo***

Jun 13, 2012, 2:48 PM

Remain Calm ! All is well ! ******

Jun 13, 2012, 2:53 PM

I hope***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:22 PM

The ACC will have a seat at the table but none of its

Jun 13, 2012, 3:00 PM

teams will have the recruits/athletes necessary to actually be sitting in that seat.

The ACC will have a seat at the kid's table***

Jun 13, 2012, 3:11 PM

Re: In a high chair***

Jun 13, 2012, 3:18 PM

Why is that true in the case of FSU, Clemson, Miami,

Jun 13, 2012, 3:13 PM [ in reply to The ACC will have a seat at the table but none of its ]

or VT?

Well, Clemson and VT are not FSU and Miami when it

Jun 13, 2012, 3:21 PM

comes to recruiting. They may not suffer as much as Clemson and VT but you can bet that Clemson's and VTs recruiting will suffer. If Clemson and VT don't ahve the facilities and the "air" of money/success, they will both lose out on the top recruits to other schools. Just look at what Florida did to us this year alone. A 6-6 team in turmoil is getting players that once favored us.

I think we suffer more if we go.***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:26 PM

How do we suffer? Seems like having Venables and Morris

Jun 13, 2012, 6:50 PM

have Big 12 knowledge and ties.

And everyone outside of the ACC says that being in the ACC hurts recruiting and it is proven when a guy like Gurley decides to go to UGa when they're loaded at RB instead of Clemson that has a huge need there.

Only ACC/Clemson fans think leaving the ACC would hurt recruiting.

Re: I think we suffer more if we go.***

Jun 13, 2012, 7:44 PM [ in reply to I think we suffer more if we go.*** ]

of course we would

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, who wants to recruit in Texas anyway?***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:43 PM [ in reply to I think we suffer more if we go.*** ]

Yeah, shocking that we lose recruits to Florida. That never

Jun 13, 2012, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Well, Clemson and VT are not FSU and Miami when it ]

happens to other teams in "power" conferences. There is simply nothing to back up the premise that recruiting is suffering. We've been killing it. I suspect we will kill it again this year. It's June. Signing day is in February.

We didn't "kill it" last year despite winning the ACC and

Jun 13, 2012, 6:52 PM

we aren't killing it this year either.

How do you explain losing Gurley and Mike Davis? Gurley signed with the same team that signed the only back ranked ahead of him and Davis, whose brother played at Clemson, chose our rival!?!

LOL***

Jun 13, 2012, 3:08 PM

Quick question-How is it that

Jun 13, 2012, 3:47 PM

we let "an opportunity of a lifetime slip through our hands" if the Big 12 didn't invite us, and we didn't ask the Big 12 to join?

What was this opportunity you rant about?

Where there's smoke there's fire. See aTm and Mizzou***

Jun 13, 2012, 4:25 PM

Jun 13, 2012, 4:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tth-8wA3PdY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point, but you're wrong about 1 thing, our fans as a whole

Jun 13, 2012, 4:41 PM

do not deserve better because their apathetic enabling is why we've sucked for 20 years and why this stuff is happening. We're getting what we're getting because the majority of our fan base doesn't get it, they don't care. By the time they do care I fear it will be too late.

You sound very pessimistic. I think you're letting all of

Jun 13, 2012, 4:42 PM

these rumors get to you and are getting worked up over nothing. If and when something actually happens that doesn't go in our favor then you can start making posts like this, but until then just chill. You'll give yourself an ulcer thinking like that!

LOL! Trust me, 32 years of being a Clemson fan has brouht

Jun 13, 2012, 4:55 PM

its fair share of ulcers! Still lucky to be alive with all the heart break i have experienced.

Yeah, you and every other college football fan in the world.***

Jun 13, 2012, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've shared all that with you my friend***

Jun 13, 2012, 5:35 PM [ in reply to LOL! Trust me, 32 years of being a Clemson fan has brouht ]

is it really letting an opportunity slip

Jun 13, 2012, 6:51 PM

if it was never on the table to begin with?

It was if Clemson was at poker table with Swofford & ACC ...

Jun 13, 2012, 9:49 PM

Coach Dabo Swinney just showed Clemson's cards to the ACC and everyone in the country. Any leverage built up over the past two months is now gone.

Good coach? I hope so. Savvy negotiator? No.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2012, 7:07 PM

tigerpaw80,if we go to the big12,you will be on
here crying about the competition.it's took us 12
years to pull up to acc competition.tb started the
climb and dabo is putting the finishing touches on
it.in 2 or 3 years,maybe we can jump.if you don't
like dabo,who would you want for a coach?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll never hear me crying about competition. I am a firm

Jun 13, 2012, 7:42 PM

believer that if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

WOOOOOOO***

Jun 13, 2012, 8:46 PM

HOOOOOOO!!!!***

Jun 13, 2012, 9:36 PM

Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 PM

If the presidents implement a four-team playoff, does an undefeated Clemson team get a berth? Assuming the four spots go to some combination of Pac-12, Big 10, Big 12, ACC, and SEC teams. All Dabo has to do is beat two mediocre SEC teams and run the table in the ACC. We're Clemson #### it! 1980 National Champs! Home of Danny Ford! The Tiger Paw! We don't need the Big 12! We're Clemson! We are the ACC! We don't even need a conference! We're Clemson! Tweet that! Dabo will go down as the greatest coach in Clemson history.

DaboIsMyHomeboy

^^^coot alert!***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:31 PM

let's get something straight

Jun 14, 2012, 6:52 AM

it's the most exciting 60 seconds in college football.

Re: let's get something straight

Jun 14, 2012, 7:11 AM

that in 20 years only 5,000 people in the stands will see and an internet audience on ESPN 5

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic