Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just read, "What's the fasination with Ford" on the T-net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

I just read, "What's the fasination with Ford" on the T-net

Oct 6, 2011, 12:10 PM

I understand that it has been a long time since he was at Clemson, but to ask this question is silly. I mean, my grandfather hasn't killed any Nazi's in about 60 years, but I still understand and appreciate what he did. And if he has an opinion on something the Army is doing, or wearing, I am going to shut up and listen to it because he has earned the right to say it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

slacker

Oct 6, 2011, 12:16 PM

i knocked off two Nazi's just last week.

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief.

Oct 6, 2011, 1:12 PM

ONLY two?

why is it silly? It is irrelevant what he thinks at this

Oct 6, 2011, 12:18 PM

point and don't get the continued fascination.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: why is it silly? It is irrelevant what he thinks at this

Oct 6, 2011, 12:21 PM

Well learn to deal with it because what he says DOES matter to a large section of our fan base and what you say, well...........not so much !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am dealing with it...not like i'm calling you idiots for

Oct 6, 2011, 12:22 PM

disagreeing. But a large segment of our fanbase doesn't really care either.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Re: I am dealing with it...not like i'm calling you idiots for

Oct 6, 2011, 12:24 PM

Then that section of the fanbase doesn't have to read or listen to what he says. Why do you want to make a big deal of this ??

ummm....because this is a message board

Oct 6, 2011, 12:25 PM

what else do you suggest we do?

Re: I am dealing with it...not like i'm calling you idiots for

Oct 6, 2011, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I am dealing with it...not like i'm calling you idiots for ]

I imagine it is a very small segment of the fan base that doesn't care what Coach Ford has to say. Just out of curiosity, would you be interested in what Frank Howard had to say if he was still around?

Ex Presidents are asked their opinion on the state of the US

Oct 6, 2011, 12:26 PM [ in reply to why is it silly? It is irrelevant what he thinks at this ]

Does it matter what they think, no. Is it going to change anything, no. But we still respect their opinion, if we agree or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't respect Jimmy Carter's opinion.***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:29 PM

Re: I don't respect Jimmy Carter's opinion.- I remeber the

Oct 6, 2011, 12:43 PM

Simpsons when they made Marge's statue into him and someone yelled = "he's history's greates monster". The statue said "Malaise forever" on the base. It was hilarious

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang... he's got me there. Hard to argue that.***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I don't respect Jimmy Carter's opinion.*** ]

Jimmy Carter sucked as a president; Danny Ford excelled

Oct 6, 2011, 1:13 PM

as a coach; so there's that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

bah...***

Oct 6, 2011, 1:24 PM

Re: why is it silly? It is irrelevant what he thinks at this

Oct 6, 2011, 12:29 PM [ in reply to why is it silly? It is irrelevant what he thinks at this ]

If you had been there during those years, you would have known. Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ignore him kea4,he's too clever for us***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:20 PM

Why can't discuss?***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:21 PM

It was,in the other thread***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:27 PM

but he continued, in this thread***

As much as I appreciate what Coach Ford accomplished....

Oct 6, 2011, 12:27 PM

at Clemson, his opinions about Clemson and Clemson football became inconsequential the second he left the program. Although he is entitled to them, in the grand scheme of things, his opinions are completely irrelevant. That's just my .02 cents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But, you agree he has earned the right to express them?***

No...I don't***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm sure Danny was asked for his opinion***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:29 PM [ in reply to As much as I appreciate what Coach Ford accomplished.... ]

Apparently not as we talk about them now.***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:35 PM [ in reply to As much as I appreciate what Coach Ford accomplished.... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As much as I appreciate what Coach Ford accomplished....

Oct 6, 2011, 12:38 PM [ in reply to As much as I appreciate what Coach Ford accomplished.... ]

I still remember how he went to Arkansas as a "Consultant",when in reality he was the head coach in order to bleed Clemson of the millions.

Would you not want to stick to them too?***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:43 PM

Re: Would you not want to stick to them too?***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:46 PM

If he had taken the HC job, no money from CU, So he took the low road and claimed to just be a consulant. To me it shows a lack of character.

Max?"***

Oct 6, 2011, 1:50 PM

Whether they are consequential or not is irrelevant.

Oct 6, 2011, 1:10 PM [ in reply to As much as I appreciate what Coach Ford accomplished.... ]

A lot of Clemson fans value and are interested in hearing his opinions about Clemson football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I wonder what Tommy West thinks about this year's team?***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Get Crump to call and ask him,then post his response

Oct 6, 2011, 12:32 PM

so we can all be cool and clever and #### on it

Who cares? He wasn't the second greatest coach in ACC

Oct 6, 2011, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I wonder what Tommy West thinks about this year's team?*** ]

history and The greatest coach Clemson has ever had. Ford is.

i'm guessing heisman rolls over in his grave every time tb

Oct 6, 2011, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I wonder what Tommy West thinks about this year's team?*** ]

drops back to pass.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just read, "What's the fasination with Ford" on the T-net

Oct 6, 2011, 12:32 PM

Have you heard who Hitler has been playing golf with lately?? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2011, 12:33 PM

now that's funny

Oct 6, 2011, 12:57 PM

There are a ton of people on tnet that have no experience in college athletics but voice their opinions everyday. We listen to them and we either agree or disagree with them. The point is let Danny speak. I personally like to hear his opinions. He guided our program to a dominate run in the 80's. That is something even today that Tiger fans reflect on. All we talk about is "getting back to the glory days". Those days were the 80's. Danny's teams reached new heights at Clemson. So whether his input is valid or not he has earned the right to voice his opinions. If you don't like them then don't read the post.

Now that is funny***

Oct 6, 2011, 12:47 PM

nm

A people that cares nothing for the past has no future.***

Oct 6, 2011, 2:15 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic