Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Tigers TCU fan here to wish you all a great football yr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Hey Tigers TCU fan here to wish you all a great football yr

Aug 22, 2011, 2:34 PM

We had a great year last year. I was out at the Rose Bowl. Great place. Watching the game there reminded me a bit of watching the TCU game at Clemson. Go getem Tigers. I don't know if any of you all remember me but I'm the guy whose grandfather grew up outside Greenville and then played football under John Heisman and graduated as an EE. So I am a TCU Frog but also a huge Clemson fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Tigers TCU fan here to wish you all a great football yr

Aug 22, 2011, 2:35 PM

Thanks !! Good luck to y'all too !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2011, 2:36 PM

I remember your dad and John

Aug 22, 2011, 2:42 PM

It was my grandfather. He was my mom's dad. His name was Augustus Percival Lewis and he went by AP or Gus.

How are your frogs supposed to be this year?

How is Dalto doing in the pros?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Bengals fan,

Aug 22, 2011, 2:43 PM

we are screwed. But we have been screwed for years so there is not much difference. Not all Dalton's fault though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

YOu know its bad

Aug 22, 2011, 2:46 PM

when Palmer would rather retire. Mike Brown is a horrible owner. Whatever football iq his dad had it definitely skipped a generation

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a Bengals fan,

Aug 22, 2011, 3:15 PM [ in reply to As a Bengals fan, ]

Well if Dalton doesn't get killed he will help the Bengals. He is a leader and a winner.

Meant Dalton

Aug 22, 2011, 2:43 PM [ in reply to How are your frogs supposed to be this year? ]

Re: How are your frogs supposed to be this year?

Aug 22, 2011, 2:50 PM [ in reply to How are your frogs supposed to be this year? ]

Andy Dalton is projected as the starter for the Bengals. He will be a good qb and a great leader for them.

As for TCU this year we lost 26 seniors off last years team. The talent is there but there are some holes to fill with guys who will need to get experience. I think it will be a good year but there are questions about if it will be a great year. This is our last year in the MWC and next year 2012 TCU will be in the B E and we are excited about that.

The other thing we have at TCU is the best coach in the nation. He is a blue collar down to earth tough as nails defensive coach. Any recruit who comes to TCU will not be allowed to coast on or off the field Gary Patterson and his staff will push them all out. how is dabo doing and what do you all see for the Tigers this year?

Re: How are your frogs supposed to be this year?

Aug 22, 2011, 3:23 PM

A bunch of young but talented fellas. 42 of our 85 are either true or redshirt freshment. Dabo's still learning how to become a "head" football coach but he has made some good hires since last year.

A lot of optimism from the fans that we are going to do well this year and surprise some people. Our players seem to have a different swagger to them as well. Hopefully it will translate into more wins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree on Gary Patterson. I wish we had 'em....

Aug 23, 2011, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: How are your frogs supposed to be this year? ]

Who would he leave TCU for?

Re: Agree on Gary Patterson. I wish we had 'em....

Aug 23, 2011, 7:01 PM

At this point I think he has found a home at TCU. He lives right behind the stadium. His wife is from Fort Worth and they have everything they need or want right there.

With TCU going into the B E they will have a chance to play for the NC. When I talked with him in Fort Worth after the Rose Bowl win and finished #2 in the nation he told me there is not a home he can't get in to visit a recruit now and the recruits in the area are some of the best in the nation. The other thing he told me when he was leaving was I'm not done yet. We are very fortunate to have him and the recruits he is bringing in are getting better and better.

If a recruit comes in he understands that he can't just come in and coast. Coach P and his staff will push the player to the max all out both on and off the field and in the classroom to not only get the job done but max out.

Of the 26 seniors from last years team 18 had already graduated last spring and by now they ALL HAVE GRADUATED. We are very very lucky to have him and he gets whatever he wants how he wants it.

Thanks for stopping by.

I hope we see TCU in a BCS bowl, come January!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sure would like to play you guys at your place some time.***

Aug 22, 2011, 2:54 PM

n/m

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Sure would like to play you guys at your place some time.***

Aug 22, 2011, 3:11 PM

We would love to see a home and home series. We would like to treat you all with the same hospitality that we were treated with at Clemson. I think we learned a lot about how to welcome our vistors from the way we were treated at your place. Clemson made a lot of new fans from our experience there.

The one drawback of Clemson coming to Fort Worth is the size of our stadium. This year is being remodeled and was about 45,000 and next year when it is renovated will be a great place but will only seat about 42,000. TCU only has about 7,500 students so it's about the right size for TCU but doesn't stack up to the about 80,000 you all have so the economics of Clemson coming to TCU would not be good for you all.

How many tickets does TCU generally send to visiting schools

Aug 22, 2011, 3:22 PM

I think Clemson would easily send 5,000 or so to Fort Worth for that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: How many tickets does TCU generally send to visiting schools

Aug 22, 2011, 4:22 PM

I think you are right. I'm not sure how many tickets TCU allows the visiting team. I tried to find out through or forum and emailed my contact in our ticket office but they must be busy since he hasn't replied. I think Clemson fans could buy 5000 tickets for the game somehow.

As iIsaid before the only drawback I see for Clemson coming to Fort Worth is the paycheck from the 42,000 fans versus the 80,000 fan paycheck.

I think TCU got 2000 for the game at Clemson. We sold out our allotment and stood up and yelled the whole game in the rain. What a day that was. Like I said earlier I was out at the Rose Bowl in January. What an awesome place and great experience. About the only thing I could compare the noise and atmosphere to was at Clemson. One other really good day for us was when the Frogs played Utah in Fort Worth. Gameday was there and we had over 50,000 plus in our 45,000 seat stadium to watch TCU kill Utah when both teams came in ranked. But Clemson is right there with both those experiences.

Re: How many tickets does TCU generally send to visiting schools

Aug 22, 2011, 10:53 PM

How 'bout CLEMSON and TCU at Cowboy Stadium?
That would help the capacity.

:)

Clemson and TCU in Cowboy Stadium

Aug 23, 2011, 5:17 PM

That's a good idea if Clemson doesn't want to come to TCU because of the size of our stadium that would be an option. We played Oregon State there last year and BYU this year. I'm not sure what opening dates the two schools have or how many years out it would take to get it set up. I'm friends with our AD and am suppoosed to have lunch with him when I'm up in Fort Worth in a couple weeks. I'll ask him and see what he says.

Re: Clemson and TCU in Cowboy Stadium

Aug 24, 2011, 12:36 AM

Excellent!

I emailed the TCU AD about Clemson TCU home & home

Aug 24, 2011, 5:16 PM

He was not our AD when we played at Clemson so I told him what a great trip and game at a special place and how well we were treated by the Clemson fans. I asked him what the chances are of having a home and home with us hosting Clemson in Fort Worth or if we wanted a bigger stadium maybe at Cowboy stadium. His answer was we have OU at home next year and follow with home and home with LSU and then Arkansas and we try to bring in the best we can. We will see what happens...

Classy...Thanks and best of luck to you and TCU***

Aug 22, 2011, 3:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for being so civil...

Aug 22, 2011, 3:07 PM

You guys and Texas A&M sure have some great fans. You could certainly teach something to those chickens down in Columbia. Best of luck for your 2011 season!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2011, 3:09 PM

Hey TCU fan! Good luck to you guys too! Wish we could have gotten you in the ACC but I hope you tear the Big East apart in 2012. Have a great season.

Wish we had you guys on the schedule this year.***

Aug 22, 2011, 5:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Wish we had you guys on the schedule this year.***

Aug 22, 2011, 5:31 PM

Good post..hope you guys have a great year!

Re: Wish we had you guys on the schedule this year.***

Aug 22, 2011, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Wish we had you guys on the schedule this year.*** ]

Our team lost 26 seniors off the team that went undefeated the last two regular seasons and won the Rose Bowl last season. We have some guys coming back but a lot of new faces on the field this year. So you are right this would be the year to play the Frogs. This team will be good this year but how good we don't know and in the future years it should get better. We would always love to play Clemson at either house. I think it would be a great game.

Aug 22, 2011, 8:40 PM

this guy and our sane fans exemplify what college fanatics are all about. GO TIGERS AND NOBODY ELSE EXCEPT MAYBE TCU

"Ricksterh".. I remember when Tigers beat Bob Lilly & Frogs

Aug 22, 2011, 8:46 PM

in 1959 Bluebonnet Bowl...and our Lou Cordileon outplayed big Bob...but Lou lasted in NFL just couple of years while Bob Lilly lasted over 10 with Dallas Cowboys.

Two great games with y'all...and all well-played. Salute!

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2011, 9:13 PM

I hope you guys have a great year this year. I wish we could get an actual home and home game set up. I bet going out to Cowtown would be a fun road trip. Anyways, best of luck to you guys. I'm really pulling for you guys to end the season by shocking one of the big boys in a prime time bowl.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! Good luck to the Horned frogs too!***

Aug 23, 2011, 6:21 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic