Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2010 slow WRs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,352

2010 slow WRs

Jul 23, 2011, 7:55 AM

This is in response to everyone discussing how slow the receivers were last year. You all forget one huge FACTO.Kyle Parker, if the QB plays uninspired than the receivers will feed off that. If you took a closer look at the games you will see there were alot of wide open receivers but Mr. brick would try and throw thread ball thru the eye of a needle before going to a check down.
Football is as 65% heart, 20% will, 15% skill. Cut those in half and you have a half-A$$ed season. Every analyzer will tell you the QB is the leader of the team, offense and defense. How many times how you seen Brady, Manning, Brees in the defenses faces. Almost every Sunday.
Back to our so-called slow WRs, if you have a QB whose not focused you are going to keep looking over your back to see if the ball is coming your way or your going to get frustrated when you get open and dont even sniff the ball. Thats the reason for the dropped passes, the WRs werent used to catching the ball in certain situations. Its like the were surprised how the ball snuck up on them. Fast forward to 2011, new QB, new team, new scheme...please dont be same dream..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

trying to understand

Jul 23, 2011, 7:59 AM

are you saying they are slow this year because of last year

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: trying to understand

Jul 23, 2011, 8:09 AM

no..im saying they were slow because of an inadequate QB. It lead to wayyy to much thinking and hoping.

Jul 23, 2011, 2:20 PM

So, is the same coach that coached Parker last year into not checking down, reading defenses and getting rid of the ball, the same guy that's coaching Boyd to do the same thing this year?

Jul 23, 2011, 2:26 PM

No Coach Morriss is the guy coaching Boyd and Dabo, if that is who you are refering to never coached the QB's

Jul 23, 2011, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: trying to understand ]

call the exterminator,a rat is loose at the esso,sure smells a whole lot like a coot,though.the esso is too classy for a rat like you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2011, 6:09 PM

That reminds me of the time I saw this huge rat outside the ESSO.

It was like a coypu.

It was the William Perry of rats.

Jul 24, 2011, 6:44 AM

that must have been 1 huge rat,are you sure it wasn't essorat?

Re: 2010 slow WRs

Jul 23, 2011, 8:11 AM

KP caused alot of things, but this is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard that KP made our recievers slow. Morris was saying that speed wasn't there this spring and KP was already gone. I'd think the receivers would have been tearing up the field if you were correct, not just going the same slow speed.

I sort of see what he's saying

Jul 23, 2011, 9:59 AM

Although I agree with CM's assessment of the WRs, I will say that when you have a confident QB playing at a high level, all players around him will naturally want to give the extra effort. Take Auburn for example. Newton may have been one of the best college players we've seen. Without his confidence on the field , that team doesn't achieve anything. Their WRs were not all that impressive but, Cam never gave and neither did they. Was it 6 or 7 come from behind wins that they orchestrated?!

Re: I sort of see what he's saying

Jul 23, 2011, 11:32 AM

I understand that point of view but CM wasn't here last year and he is going off of what he has seen during the spring. KP was long gone by then and the WR's were still "slow". It could just be that we recruited a lot of bigger WR types, look at Brandon Ford. I dont remember any of these guys being labeled as burners. In 2009 CJ and Jacoby were our deep threats.

Pretty sure

Jul 23, 2011, 8:38 AM

none of those guys were ever thought of as fast. Certainly not Brown or Nuke. I remember when they were recruits/commits that their lack of speed was discussed.
KP had nothing to do with their lack of speed. This is ridiculous. All the "heart" in the world won't make a slow person fast.

I wanna see some sure handed receivers.

Jul 23, 2011, 1:42 PM

Slow (or should I say less speedy) receivers who catch the ball are better then speedsters who can't catch. We've had some non-speedsters before who were GREAT!!! Tight End Bennie Cunningham comes to mind. He wasn't a speedster. And I recall Billy Wingo being rather sure handed, but not a speedster. Tyler Grisham was the same way. Just think how good we can be with this new class of fast, sure handed receivers!!! Manna from heaven! Go TIGERS!!!! And with our ever improving STEELE curtain defense --- man, oh man, exciting days are coming down the road. Cannot wait until the season start.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2011, 9:03 AM

what about scheme? had more to with it that personnel imo

were aaron and tyler burners?...heck no...they ran good routes and could catch...had good, not great speed

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2011, 9:04 AM

Really? So if Tajh stinks I guess Sammy and Martavius will start running 4.6's.

Jul 23, 2011, 12:47 PM

You forgot the 5% pleasure and 50% pain...

Morris said thay were slow based on Spring practice***

Jul 23, 2011, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this post was painful to try to read.***

Jul 23, 2011, 1:04 PM

Jul 23, 2011, 1:35 PM

90% of this game is 80% mental

Jul 23, 2011, 2:27 PM

Uh Parker was not there during the spring and that is when Morriss commented on the slow receivers

Jul 23, 2011, 2:38 PM

but,it was compared to our defensive speed,so the speed is all relative to the fastest defense in the acc.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,352
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic