Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 20 Coolest Pregame Traditions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 3,460

Top 20 Coolest Pregame Traditions

Apr 11, 2011, 4:19 PM

Clemson tops the list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/660570-college-football-the-20-coolest-pregame-traditions/page/21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No bucket-o-chicken smoke show?***

Apr 11, 2011, 4:32 PM

#15***

Apr 11, 2011, 5:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: No bucket-o-chicken smoke show?***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:33 PM [ in reply to No bucket-o-chicken smoke show?*** ]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229740-top-10-college-football-stadium-entrances/page/11

Same website, and this one has USC's entrance ranked 2nd.

That and sporting news said the Gamecocks entrance was the most exciting pregame entry in all of college football

Apr 11, 2011, 7:37 PM

drug abuse in this country must be more rampant than previously thought

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2011, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: No bucket-o-chicken smoke show?*** ]

The Clemson one is a featured columnist in other words a professional. The other one is just some kid writing as a contributor.

Apr 12, 2011, 12:36 AM

my point is nothing from bleacherreport should really be considered credible

Re: Top 20 Coolest Pregame Traditions

Apr 11, 2011, 4:57 PM

Only fitting, baby.

The Troy game last year was the first time in over 15 years

Apr 11, 2011, 5:30 PM

. . . where I was in the stands at South Carolina during the whole 2001 entrance, I got tired of all the cheering, hooping, yelling, chanting, etc. before the clock even started, only to have it stop too many times once the ball was kicked, I decided not to go back for all of that until the dynamic of the program changed, until South Carolina began to win, when, especially during big games, there was the legitimate possibility of victory, and continued victory; the Saturday prior to the Troy game, the game in Gainesville, was one of the best wins I had seen from South Carolina, and the next Saturday, I was in the stands before 2001 started; I suppose my point is that what goes on before the clock starts ticking is completely irrelevant, I would rather be geared up while the clock is running than at any other time; but of course, all the entrances across the country, the variety thereof, is a part of the game that makes it fun, but it is not the major part - g&b

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was one of the longest responses I have ever seen....

Apr 11, 2011, 5:47 PM

when a simple "I think our entrance sucks, too" would have been sufficient.

Point CUTIGER250***

Apr 11, 2011, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

LMAO!!.....so much truth in so few words.....:~)***

Apr 11, 2011, 6:18 PM [ in reply to That was one of the longest responses I have ever seen.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would either be that, or that I believe that folks . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 6:29 PM [ in reply to That was one of the longest responses I have ever seen.... ]

that get all worked up over an entrance are easily pleased and possess qualities that make them easily pleased, one of the two, you can pick the one that makes you feel better, I don't care - g&b

the transparency of this comment makes the rest of Tigernet

Apr 11, 2011, 6:35 PM

laugh.....

If you don't care for your entrance...fine. We don't care how you feel about entrances one way or the other..

But Clemson fans happen to enjoy the pagentry of our entrance (as apparently does much of the college football world--at least per that ranking) and count it as one of the things we enjoy about the college football experience.

jealousy is so unbecoming

Cold busted - g & b***

Apr 11, 2011, 6:49 PM

I will say that I was particularly fond of the pagentry . .

Apr 11, 2011, 6:59 PM

from my view of the half time exit at Memorial Stadium last November, that was a great part of that game; in the third quarter, a guy stands up and yells "it's another South Carolina touchdown, and there's orange in the parking lot", that was awesome - g&b

Re: I will say that I was particularly fond of the pagentry . .

Apr 11, 2011, 7:01 PM

Well, if you appreciated that, 63-17 must've made you beam from ear to ear......of course, you wouldn't have been able to hear one particular fan in the stands at that game because of all the slamming doors in W-B parking lot

I was there, heard it all, which is why the state of . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 7:04 PM

current events is much more sweeter, that should have been the death nail but Clemson let the opportunity slip away, and all hopes therefor now lie on the shoulders of freshmen skill players with no linemen to block for them; Clemson is violating the Danny Ford Principle to the hilt, South Carolina is now living by it, and I get to see it; so whatever 63-17 means to you today, glad for you - g&b

Well, we did bet that Clemson will have a better season than

Apr 11, 2011, 7:07 PM

uSC, so you'll be eating your silly words.

63-17 means the same thing today it meant that year...

Apr 11, 2011, 7:10 PM [ in reply to I was there, heard it all, which is why the state of . . . ]

the worst, most humiliating a$$-whoopin' every applied during the 110year (or so) history of the rivalry.

I especially enjoyed the following Monday's Bobby Hartin Show on the radio---you know him, longtime president of the Gamecock Club in Charleston---when he said he was through with usuc and would never give the university another dime.

But, that was a sentiment shared by many chicken fans in the aftermath of that historic butt-kickin'.

Do you really want to get in a "one-upsmanship" contest with a Clemson fan??? You can't possibly win.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

If all that's been working for you since last November, . .

Apr 11, 2011, 7:12 PM

I'm glad for you - g&b

Nah....its been working for Clemson fans for a while***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:13 PM

I suppose there has to be something. - g & b***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:15 PM

I'm fully satisfied with kicking you ### 70% of your life.

Apr 11, 2011, 7:19 PM

How does it feel to lose 70% of the time to your rival throughout the course of your life? No wonder you're demented.

I can't wait to collect on our bet.

Re: I was there, heard it all, which is why the state of . . .

Apr 12, 2011, 8:46 AM [ in reply to I was there, heard it all, which is why the state of . . . ]

We have no lineman? Are you stupid? Never mind

I am right...I donate more than you***

Apr 11, 2011, 6:44 PM [ in reply to It would either be that, or that I believe that folks . . . ]

Donate to what? - g & b***

Apr 11, 2011, 6:50 PM

to TigerNet.....

Apr 11, 2011, 6:51 PM

that is what you always throw back to people that don't donate

I never say anything about the "level" of giving, . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 6:56 PM

so long as they give, my comments are always for the ones that give nothing; at $5M, one could say that Darla Moore, a USC grad, gave more to Clemson than the 2 of us combined, and I have a feeling her check to Clemson cleared, but I won't ride on Darla's skirt tales, although that might be fun to try, I'll just say I pay more than most Clemson folks here, and as I am constantly reminded, it "isn't my board", so that should put me above my fair share considering the situation as a whole, if you consider any situation in its entirety - g&b

LOL....

Apr 11, 2011, 7:07 PM

If you believe what you say, then me giving more to this site should give me more than my fair share considering the situation as a whole, if you consider any situation on its entirety.

I'll just say I pay more than most Clemson folks here, and as I am constantly reminded, it "isn't my board", so that should put me above my fair share considering the situation as a whole, if you consider any situation in its entirety - g&b

There is no reason for you to condemn someone about whether they donate or not. It is none of your business. It does not make their opinion any less valid. You use that line when you have no other answer. You are nothing but a troll.

PS: this isn't your board.

oooops!!..***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:12 PM

Most often I use that line only when someone . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 7:14 PM [ in reply to LOL.... ]

feels the "authority" to tell me not to be here, especially the ones that do not pay, and that is it - g&b

Like I said.....

Apr 11, 2011, 7:19 PM

you use that line whenever you have no answer.

You're pathetic. Seriously.***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Most often I use that line only when someone . . . ]

My word, you really are deranged, aren't you?***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:11 PM [ in reply to I never say anything about the "level" of giving, . . . ]

and another thing.....

Apr 11, 2011, 7:15 PM [ in reply to I never say anything about the "level" of giving, . . . ]

you say don't say anything about giving level:

There is about a $30 per year difference between him and me.
Posted on: Apr 10, 2011 5:26 PM, by user: garnet and black®

so many "oooops!!!" in just one thread......***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:17 PM

Wow. There's something truly wrong with this "g & b" fella.***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:23 PM [ in reply to and another thing..... ]

Stanley is a coot***

Apr 12, 2011, 8:40 AM

Re: It would either be that, or that I believe that folks . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 7:06 PM [ in reply to It would either be that, or that I believe that folks . . . ]

And being a #### fan wouldn't make you too easily pleased?

What a maroon, and you don't even realize it yet...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a difference between being a fan of a team, . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 7:08 PM

and a graduate of the institution; some understand that through experience, some never had the experience and never will understand it - g&b

Re: The Troy game last year was the first time in over 15 years

Apr 11, 2011, 5:58 PM [ in reply to The Troy game last year was the first time in over 15 years ]

but the real question is "did you get to rub the ####".

What???

Apr 11, 2011, 6:01 PM [ in reply to The Troy game last year was the first time in over 15 years ]

the entrance is one of the biggest moments of any game. That's the loudest the crowd will be all night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

WB may never be as loud again as it was at the end . . .

Apr 11, 2011, 6:02 PM

of the Bama game last year - g&b

Disagree

Apr 11, 2011, 6:04 PM

it's been louder

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Disagree

Apr 11, 2011, 6:08 PM

2 coots arguing on a clemson board. does it get any better than that.

Re: Disagree

Apr 11, 2011, 6:09 PM

lawd

Was not arguing, just disagreed with him - g & b***

Apr 11, 2011, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Disagree ]

You are right...you donate more than classof09***

Apr 11, 2011, 6:46 PM

Re: You are right...you donate more than classof09***

Apr 11, 2011, 7:02 PM

I'm trying to figure out how a conversation on Tigernet,about Clemson's entrance being the best in the country, got so much interest from a couple of Cootheads !! We dont give a rats poot what ya'll think or do in Cooterville. We got your Daddy on entrances, and soon we'll be taking our Daddy back on the field. Get ready Tiger fans, they'll all be gone once that #### cavity is spanked this November !!!

Its funny, that g&b created his T-Net account about a week

Apr 11, 2011, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Was not arguing, just disagreed with him - g & b*** ]

before the 63-17 #### whippin, i bet he didn't post a single thread for the first year that he was on tigernet. Man what i would give for that silence now. So tired of seeing coots go back and forth with their owners.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DISAGREE

Apr 12, 2011, 11:25 AM [ in reply to WB may never be as loud again as it was at the end . . . ]

Clemson fans in WB were very loud during the 63-17 game.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Unless you get the ACC game of the week on the local channel

Apr 12, 2011, 8:34 AM

who would ever see Clemson's pre-game?

Re: Unless you get the ACC game of the week on the local channel

Apr 12, 2011, 8:56 AM

Oh look another dumb chicken

Replies: 53
| visibility 3,460
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive