Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh...

Dec 28, 2010, 5:50 PM

on the radio and he would always say "Don't listen to the drive-by media, they'll just make you depressed with their negativity and negative spin," and he was correct. News that sells is negative, nothing positive. So I stopped watching the news. I read it online and get to pick and choose what I put in my mind. And instead of being negative about everything in the world I actually feel pretty good. There are still good people and good stories out there.

This board reminds me of what Rush says. Tigernet was once my most visited website but now I don't even like coming on here anymore. All the bashers and trash talkers just make me not even want to read the message boards that used to entertain me.

You Dumpers or Clumpers or whatever you call yourselves do not represent the Clemson that I know and have loved for 33 years. My diploma and a picture of Death Valley hang in my office and will for as long as I work regardless of what our football record is.

Dabo has had 2 years. TWO. Give the guy a break. Maybe all you whiners, which is what you should call yourselves, should find something else to do in your spare time than get on here and talk about the young men and staff that wear the Orange and White and represent OUR university.

I'd start by trying to move out of your mom's basement and get a life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh...

Dec 28, 2010, 5:55 PM

Amen brother.Well put.

Oxycontin is a helluva drug!!***

Dec 28, 2010, 6:01 PM

Dec 28, 2010, 6:02 PM

Was Limbaugh talking about himself? He was just as negative, if not moreso, than most of the blow-dried, blowhards.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Dec 28, 2010, 6:13 PM

Brother. I hate to be Captain Obvious here but what did you expect to see when every one of our programs is in shambles right now. You act like this is a surprising turn of events. What did you expect.

In fact I would say Tigernet is one of the more optimistic Clemson sports related boards out there. I just don't see how your surprised that people aren't happy about sucking at everything. This is a pretty simple concept....your programs suck=the fans aren't happy. Its like this for every single fan base not just us.

The baseball team is not in shambles

Dec 28, 2010, 7:19 PM

Sorry, but making the final four in the country is FAR from being in shambles

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The baseball team is not in shambles

Dec 29, 2010, 1:18 PM

yeah...but tough to out put a positive spin on last season knowing how it ended

knowing that we could have just as easily won the championship had we not been embarrased on a national stage again by our archrivals

that said...they certainly exceeded expectations (by far) and that is a great thing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2010, 6:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

LMAO!!!***

Dec 28, 2010, 6:16 PM

Heck yea, that's me and the rest of you will join me in 2 yr***

Dec 29, 2010, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WRONG

Dec 28, 2010, 6:18 PM

He actually says don't listen to the drive by media because they are elitist dolts that live in an insulated fantasy land and propogate LIES with their spin. Hmmmm who does THAT sound like (Barker, BOT, Dabo)

It has nothing to do with negativity vs. positivity. Rush has been plenty negative when exposing the liberal agenda. In his mind, he's simply telling the truth which is what many of us who don't support the current Clemson administration are trying to do.

Believing outright lies only because you want to feel good and get pumped up is pure insanity.

I hate bringing politics into this forum, but it's very similar to how liberals form their political ideals (whatever makes them FEEL good or FEEL like a better person not whatever might actually be most effective and best for the country).

Re: WRONG

Dec 29, 2010, 12:57 PM

If your trying to defend Rash Limpo then you need help. He's nothing but a TOOL for the neo-cons war machine and anyone else arrested for thousands of oxycotin tabs would have been in jail for a long time. "Believing outright lies only because you want to feel good and get pumped up is pure insanity"; that is the best summation of Rash Limpo I've seen. A little introspect?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skoken like a true marxist.***

Dec 29, 2010, 3:01 PM

Excellent post***

Dec 29, 2010, 1:10 PM [ in reply to WRONG ]

I agree. Apparently most of the posters must be young....

Dec 28, 2010, 6:18 PM

people that have not lived the Clemson experience. It's all about Clemson. Year in and year out we have our ups and downs, but low and behold when one sport stumbles, another will surprise.

Clemson is about pride and participation. Enjoying raising sons, daughters, grandkids, etc. to be a part of the Clemson experience. It has certainly enhanced my life and will continue to do so.

With that said, come on Dabo, let's kick some butt.

Re: I agree. Apparently most of the posters must be young....

Dec 28, 2010, 6:22 PM

So what happens when all of your sports a disaster.....I.E. our situation. Don't try and belittle the current situation by saying its just football.

The only and i mean only good thing coming out of CU sports right now is baseball

Re: Take a pill and chill. I guarantee you that your

Dec 28, 2010, 6:28 PM

running down the program is not going to help one iota, You may think that hollowing loud enough will bring down the walls of Jericho but you have started to soon.

Re: Take a pill and chill. I guarantee you that your

Dec 28, 2010, 6:30 PM

The fact that you used to listen to RL tells me that you can't think for yourself.

Re: I don't listen to him. I agree with him, in principal,

Dec 28, 2010, 6:33 PM

but can not stand his delivery. Where did you get that I am a fan of his?

That is a bunch of utter BS

Dec 28, 2010, 6:36 PM [ in reply to I agree. Apparently most of the posters must be young.... ]

Clemson isn't about sunshine and lollipops. Those of us who WERE around for championships at Clemson know that it used to be about very very different things:
1. EXCELLENCE. Striving for excellence in all endeavors was always an essential quality of what it is to be from Clemson. We had lofty goals and sometimes we accomplished them which lead us to....

2. PRIDE. You don't accomplish pride by ignoring your own weaknesses and pretending like Music City Bowl wins are championships. Danny used to say he would beat them down so he could coach them up. He didn't instill pride by trying to convince walk-ons that they were NFL players.

3. COURAGE. Going out and kicking ### plain and simple, not matter who stepped in our way. Paterno, Switzer, Spurrier, etc. Tigers were always courageous.

4. PASSION. A team spirit that is fostered through fairness but firmness, not special treatment for a few select special players. This creates a trust and a family atmosphere that fosters passion for your brothers and sisters.

5.INTIMIDATION. Striking FEAR in the hearts of all who dared to challenge us. It's why ##### always hated us....they were intimidated by the greatness of Clemson. Now the greatness has morphed into the lameness and mediocrity. That is heartbreaking.

Well hate to break it to ya man but

Dec 28, 2010, 6:49 PM

it hasn't been like that since 1991. That is 20 years my friend. Not saying you do, but alot of Clemson fans like to think we are on par with the Alabama's, Southern Cal's, and Ohio State's of CFB. We still have a long way to go to reach that potential, with Dabo or not with Dabo. Don't fool yourself into thinking that we are at that level. Should we strive for that? YES!!! But alot of people seem to think it will happen again overnight. Sorry, but it hasn't happened in 20 years....

Re: Well hate to break it to ya man but

Dec 28, 2010, 8:56 PM

Please go back and re-read my post. It is clearly past tense.
Though, with great leadership, each of those values could absolutely be resurrected fairly easily.

20 years ago the Clemson administration decided that football would never again be king in Clemson and that is why we've never been on par with the big boys of college football. Fans that have accepted this mediocre agenda ARE THE PROBLEM.

If you demand excellence, you usually will end up with results that are far far above average.

HOF!!!!!***

Dec 29, 2010, 1:10 PM [ in reply to I agree. Apparently most of the posters must be young.... ]

Re, Thanks. It is about time that some of you

Dec 28, 2010, 6:25 PM

old timers came out and said your piece. We have about ten negative nellies who jump at every opportunity to put Clemson down. Also, about ten ##### who pretend to be Clemson fans and can be easily spotted.

Re: Re, Thanks. It is about time that some of you

Dec 28, 2010, 6:29 PM

What does age have to do with anything. I know some old dudes who are full blow rah tards

Re: In twenty years, you will be marching to a different

Dec 28, 2010, 6:34 PM

drummer. The p and v will be gone.

Class of 99

Dec 29, 2010, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re, Thanks. It is about time that some of you ]

is old timers?

I agree with what you said, except

Dec 28, 2010, 6:25 PM

Rush Limbaugh is a tool.

Dec 28, 2010, 6:48 PM

I notice you said you had an office.
Gee, we are really impressed.
So your pathetic point was--anyone who is tired of dabo and napier and the scotts--- lives----I believe in their moms basement.
I get from your writing that you probably have to check in with mom daily--since you know all about what the basement is like

You people that can't stand dissent need to preacher up with dabo and napier somewhere.

where? nobody cares.

I, like the rest of the intelligent people on this boar, are tired of seeing our tigers humiliated and embarrassed on the field.

Blabo is producing a terrible product

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

domduck drives a Dodge Stratus!!!

Dec 28, 2010, 6:51 PM

I wish you weren't a liar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu7MehcnZOU

You lost me in the first three lines...

Dec 28, 2010, 8:15 PM

Rush is about as negative as u can get. Constantly berates elected officials.

Re: ^^^ Lives in Mamby Pamby Land^^***

Dec 28, 2010, 8:18 PM

blah blah blah....get over yourself chief.***

Dec 28, 2010, 9:01 PM

Dec 29, 2010, 12:31 PM

I do hope your use of the past tense ("used to listen") means you've come to your senses and quit outsourcing your thinking to that drug-addled blowhard. :) Progress is a good thing.

well, bye.***

Dec 29, 2010, 1:10 PM

One vote in agreement from class of 1969.***

Dec 29, 2010, 1:20 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic