Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You guys blasting Kyle Parker honestly call yourselves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 885

You guys blasting Kyle Parker honestly call yourselves

Jun 26, 2010, 10:44 PM

fans of Clemson sports? You are an embarassment. The kid struggled during the CWS but has given his everything to both Clemson baseball and football.

In fact, he worked so hard last year that he was literally exhausted from both playing baseball and practicing with the football team. Ask Dabo and Leggett what they think of Parker and I'm sure their opinions are much different than the misinformed ones you guys have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys blasting Kyle Parker honestly call yourselves

Jun 26, 2010, 10:45 PM

I agree. Parker is a good person and an exceptional athlete. He just struggled during the CWS. I hate if for him and Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are not Clemson people. Just because they have a tag

Jun 26, 2010, 10:47 PM

does not make them a Clemson fan. They are coots incognito. Parker is a great kid. I hate he had a bad series, but so did almost the whole team at the plate. In the field, however, we made some terrific plays tonight.

Jun 26, 2010, 10:49 PM

Very well said! I didn't hear too many of these "career minor leaguer" comments when he was drafted or when he was leading the team through the season. Only from those who selfishly want him to forget what is best for him and only be a quarterback.

Unfortunately, he had a really bad series.

Jun 26, 2010, 10:49 PM

And not just at the plate. I personally think that Parker took bad approaches on Merrifield's hits that turned out to be a double and a triple; a better line to the ball could and should have limited those to a single and a double.

It was a rough, rough series for Kyle. He's still a great kid, and a great representative for Clemson. But it's not "bashing" a player to point out actual factual information about their performance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing, tomer. But I think

Jun 26, 2010, 10:58 PM

the wind had a lot to do with his lines to the ball.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Good point - that definitely could be the case.***

Jun 26, 2010, 11:00 PM

Agreed...KP is quite an athlete and story...having said...

Jun 26, 2010, 11:04 PM

...that, I would venture to say that KP's hitting may have gotten exposed by the higher level of pitching that he faced in the CWS.

And I don't think that I would class college pitching much better than double A ball at best.

I heard it said that there is nothing harder in pro sports than hitting a baseball off of a major league hitter.

KP has got some tough days ahead transitioning to the major league. Hopefully, the Rockies will give him plenty of time to make the adjustments.

I'll always remember KP for that overtime win at Miami, NOT for any HRs he hits for the Rockies!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Well said. Great kid, great athlete. Not an imposing

Jun 26, 2010, 11:12 PM

figure at the plate. Plays and offensive position in baseball and will need to work hard to get the bat going. Toughest thing to do in sports. Would love to see him on the gridiron for another year.

Jun 26, 2010, 11:05 PM

I wonder how many of the critics on this board provide any finnacial support to Clemson. There are over 90000 registered on this site and only 15000 Iptay donors. Put up or shut up.

Hard to believe anyone could kick Parker after all he has

Jun 26, 2010, 11:09 PM

done at Clemson. Yet many are. But they are not true fans, probably never got in the door at Clemson..Throw stones at a person who has already achieved more in his life they they will in their entire pitiful lives. They do it every time.

Jun 26, 2010, 11:35 PM

He is 0-3 against the chickens when it counts. Go play baseball please.

Its only a few idiots.. every school has them. 99% love KP***

Jun 27, 2010, 8:36 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 885
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic