Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From SOS himself..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

From SOS himself..........

Jan 30, 2010, 9:18 AM

"If they’re in school, they’ll get a shot through the spring,” he said. “And if it looks like some of them won’t play much at all, then they may be encouraged or they may want to go try to play somewhere (else).”

If we ever have a coach that takes this stance, I hope he is fired on the spot. The kids that commit to us are just that. 18 year old kids. They put their trust in our coaches and our fan base. And we as fans should be outraged if our leadership runs a kid off because he is not as good as they hoped he would be on signing day. They are not ALL going to be CJ's, Jacoby's, Palmer's,Connor's,Sapps,etc. etc.

But, as Son's of Clemson the deserve our respect. They commit to us. We commit to them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From SOS himself..........

Jan 30, 2010, 9:20 AM

Point

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Jan 30, 2010, 9:49 AM

and this is from the head of the football factory that goes 6-6 or 7-6 every year...he has blamed the players for his being washed up for years now...and nothing has changed.

Jan 30, 2010, 9:50 AM

Wow just wow. Can't believe he actually came out and said that.

Many players who are given a chance don't make it, what

Jan 30, 2010, 10:31 AM

then? Should they ride the pine for 4-5 years while someone else plays ahead of them, or transfer somewhre else? Often times a player does not live up to his billing. He needs to go where he can compete.

Yes, and if he decides to do that , fine. But at UCS, they

Jan 30, 2010, 10:52 AM

are being shown the door. They have a rule against this for men's basketball teams. Looks like some schools need the same rule for football.

I agree whose fault is it that they were offered scholarship

Jan 30, 2010, 10:07 AM

s in the first place. Sounds like an error in judging talent. Whoever is offering these kids who can't produce needs to be fired not the kids.

Re: I agree whose fault is it that they were offered scholarship

Jan 30, 2010, 10:08 AM

Or a lack of coaching ability, Bad managers can ruin a good highly skilled company.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I agree with this with one exception...

Jan 30, 2010, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I agree whose fault is it that they were offered scholarship ]

If we recruit a player who, in the course of his career at Clemson clearly demonstrates that he is unwilling to put in the effort to meet his potential as a player, his scholly should be yanked. This is a two-way street; players commit to Clemson, and we commit to helping them meet their potential as athletes. If the distractions of college life or a personal lack of initiative/integrity shows itself, that player hasn't kept his end of the bargain.

Otherwise, I agree. We shouldn't cut a player who is working hard and giving 100% because we didn't assess his talent accurately in the recruiting process. It's the coach who made that faulty assessment who needs to be looked at.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with this with one exception...

Jan 30, 2010, 10:18 AM

Point

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Re: I agree with this with one exception...***

Jan 30, 2010, 10:35 AM

Re: I agree with this with one exception...******

Jan 30, 2010, 10:36 AM

Re: I agree with this with one exception...******

Jan 30, 2010, 10:50 AM

I find it amazing that we are so quick to criticize every move of Spurrier yet many of you devoted Tiger fans have no problem at all posting about the inadequacies of our own players and coaches.In this post we are reminded that we are dealing with teenage boys. These say kind of kids play for Clemson as well.

I think that few of you ever stop to realize what goes into being a college athlete (or coach). Hours and hours are spend every day in meetings, at practice, in the training room and yet these kids have the same responsibilities as all other students. This goes on for 12 or 13 weeks with only a few days off. But on gameday, you expect total perfection from everyone and are quick to point out everyones faults. The coaches spend almost every awaken hour trying to make Clemson better (year long) and some of you who have NEVER played a competative game in your life have the audacity to question every move made these people who are a lot more CLEMSON than you are. I think it is amazing that a team can stay totally focused for this length of time and play perfectly. Few Do!
So, accept what we have and support this team and forget about those other teams you are so jealous of. When you compare anything about Clemson with USOCAR (and others) you aren't comparing "oranges with oranges".

Re: The only difference is that SOS is being allowed to

Jan 30, 2010, 11:21 AM

constantly upgrade his football team while others are living with their mistakes. Wouldn't you say that is an unfair advantage. If you send a prospective recruit to a fly by night school to get him a credit in a certain subject that he could not pass in his high school then you are, also, getting an unfair advantage over the coach and school who demostrates academic integrity.

Re: Then someone other the coach should make the final

Jan 30, 2010, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I agree with this with one exception... ]

decision or else that coach will use that rationale anytime that he wants to.

Re: Then someone other the coach should make the final

Jan 30, 2010, 10:59 AM

I agree - a decision to yank a scholly shouldn't be made by just one coach - I think it should be a unanimous decision by the entire coaching staff, with the HC having veto power. If the coaches are doing their jobs well, this should be a very rare occurrence. But when it needs to be done it should be done without prejudice. No excuses. If over a sufficient period of time (say, the player's junior year) the player CLEARLY isn't giving the effort to live up to their end of the bargain, he should be shown the door to make room for one who will.

Re: I think someone outside of the coaching staff should

Jan 30, 2010, 11:24 AM

make this decision. However, if I am the coach and I wanted to get rid of a slacker, I can assured you that he would soon want to leave on his own. But doing this on a regulas basis will soon draw a lot of attention to you and your practices.

I reckon the Cacks only need about a 35-man squad next year

Jan 30, 2010, 10:24 AM

since Spurrier evidently doesn't need players who don't play much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is usuc football, pitiful!***

Jan 30, 2010, 10:29 AM

I also hear he is excited to finally have his own players

Jan 30, 2010, 11:01 AM

now, 6 years into his tenure.

Apparently, at least 6 of HIS quarterbacks have been en-

Jan 30, 2010, 11:05 AM

couraged to take their games elsewhere.

LINK

Jan 30, 2010, 11:31 AM

http://blogs.thestateonline.net/jperson/2010/01/22/updates-on-clements-mccollum-saunders/

Jan 30, 2010, 2:17 PM

actually he just said out loud what most coaches at big time schools do..

Why do you think year after year SEC schools continually sign 25-30 players and schools in the ACC only sign 18-24?

they are just that serious about football and winning...

Thats just the way it is... They will sign probably anywhere from 6-10 players who are 3 star type kids that might help and might not... If they see that that kid can't cut it and wont contribute then they call them in and politely as possible say something like..."hey you are not going to break the 3 deep here and I know you are a great competitor and really want to play. Your best shot at doing that will be at an ACC school or the MAC"

They are condescending and rude, but its the only efficient way of getting around the 85 scholarship limit

Jan 30, 2010, 2:48 PM

WOW! So Spurrier is going to play a whole season with only 11 players then?

The South Carolina program assisted with the transfer

Jan 30, 2010, 3:55 PM

of Tommy Beecher to Liberty. Beecher went on to have a great year there. You think he's mad at USC for puting in a situation that has turned out much better for him?

Does it matter? Beecher at Liberty is much better for Beecher as a football player than Beecher at USC.

And for the record.... there are lots of kids at USC that never see the field who are not encouraged to leave. In many cases it has to do with attitude as well.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

What a joke.***

Jan 30, 2010, 3:59 PM

Your spin reminds of the little kid who asks his dad about

Jan 30, 2010, 4:01 PM

the two dogs he sees on the side of the road having sex.

So Beecher isn't better off where he is?***

Jan 30, 2010, 4:49 PM

Wooo. My head is dizzy.***

Jan 30, 2010, 4:52 PM

Re: The South Carolina program assisted with the transfer

Jan 30, 2010, 4:36 PM [ in reply to The South Carolina program assisted with the transfer ]

Name one ... he has consistently signed year by year more players than Clemson has. Why is that? He's run off a number of players each year including several the moment he got there. Grayson Mullins was told his scholarship would not be renewed and for no reason other than he wasn't good enough. Hey I understand, but he does not stick by his players, if you aren't cuttin it on the field you're encouraged to leave in order to sign another recruit. That is obvious and he does this more often than he should. Heck his own quote says that! They are encourgaed to leave.

But go ahead and say that is everywhere. Maybe so. But we know it is done by the Ole Ball Sack!

Funny how I heard that story about Mullins a little differen

Jan 30, 2010, 4:48 PM

The way I heard it, the kid was skating with no effort.

I bet the truth is somewhere in the middle and the truth is that neither of us really know. But don't let that stop you from bringing judgement.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic