Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Patterson view emailed from a TCU fan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,607

Patterson view emailed from a TCU fan.

Nov 25, 2008, 4:12 PM

Just gonna share a national opinion about Clemson. I have never stepped foot in the state of South Carolina so this is just a true perception of watching lots (my girlfriend says a bit more than lots) of college football for many years. Clemson seems to almost always under achieve. I mean this year they were a top 10 team in preseason and I could not wait to see them play Alabama in the first big game of the season...boy was I disappointed. Clemson now needs a win over South Carolina in order to finish above .500. Clemson has SEC athletes and competes in the ACC (basketball conf). An outsiders perspective: Clemson looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane (almost every year). #### Vitale would say they are an all-airport team. They look great walking thru the airport and in pregame warmups, but not so much when they start playing. In Texas, we call it "all hat, no cowboy." The NFL rosters are littered with Clemson guys and the trophy case is empty there compared to the talent.

I will make you a guarantee, if Clemson is lucky enough to lure Coach Patterson away from Ft. Worth, those days will be over. His teams at TCU are over-achievers. They take players and develop them and make them better. They ALWAYS play hard. I have never, not once, watched a single minute of a game during his tenure at TCU and questioned their effort, preparedness or heart. Not once. GP will not tolerate anything less than 100%. He will take one of those 5-star sure-fire NFL studs at Clemson by the jersey and wear their a$$ out and put them so far down the bench that the can't even see the game if he thinks they are not giving it their all. They practice hard and play harder. Your days of under achieving would cease.

We just went through this with Kstate and it won't stop either. I hope GP stays, but if he goes to Clemson, TCU will still win because he has done such a fabulous job establishing a program. I will become a Clemson fan because GP coaches the right way and goes about business and handles athletes the right way. He is a coaches' coach. I think Clemson is a great job and I think it is the type of job he would take. You get to play with SEC athletes in the ACC. Clemson is on better footing than Kstate in a conference that is not nearly as tough to crack thru as the the Big 12. The ACC is there for the taking. Going 10-0 or 11-1 at Clemson puts you in a BCS bowl and in the national championship hunt not the Poinsettia Bowl. Good luck in your search.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good post.***

Nov 25, 2008, 4:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Patterson view emailed from a TCU fan.

Nov 25, 2008, 4:56 PM

good post

The NFL rosters are littered with Clemson guys??
that's not a correct statement..for a school that is known as a "football school" they don't have that many players on NFL rosters

Amazing!

Nov 25, 2008, 5:01 PM

EVERONE I know from Texas uses the phrase about 'All hat', but to a person, they end it differently.

It's 'All hat and NO cattle'.

Now take that made up e-mailshit outta here!!!!

You coots are truly classless.***

Nov 25, 2008, 5:07 PM

Actually, the phrase 'All hat, no cowboy' is used quite

Nov 26, 2008, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Amazing! ]

often, and makes a lot of sense. Just because you wear a Cowboy hat, doesn't make you a cowboy.

And in some cases, just because you wear the Paw, doesn't make you a Tiger.

Re: Patterson view emailed from a TCU fan.

Nov 25, 2008, 5:02 PM

Maybe the fact that our team is perceived as having sure fire -5 star NFL talent speaks more for our current/previous staff than the fact that we underachieved through the years…

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,607
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic