Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B!

Jun 26, 2011, 3:10 PM

And it's past due, which calls for painful late fees.

USuC fans can crow all they want, and they should considering this has been the greatest two year period in most of their pathetic sports lives. But if anyone on here thinks for one minute that the Tigers won't be a substantially better team, with more talent, and superior play come November in Columbia they're dreaming.

Our D-line, despite the loss of Bowers and Jenkins, has a lot of talent bursting at the scenes spread throughout. We've got a thick middle and quick ends. Our backfield, while sporting only one starter from last year, is also stocked with high quality players going fairly deep. As our younger LB corps solidifies, under the rightful tutelage of Steele, this Clemson D is goint to emerge as a beast through the course of the season.

Last year we killed ourselves with mental mistakes in that game thanks primarily to a inept and bumbling offensive approach and the lack of on-field offensive leadership. They scored 13 points early essentially on offensive miscues, and the head of the huddle couldn't get anybody up the rest of the way.

With Ellington, Diehl, Allen and Nuke plus a stocked O-line, a QB showing true leadership qualities, and an offense built around the skills of our current and highly touted incoming talent, this is going to be a strong team on the rise throughout the season.

Smack Latty in the mouth a couple of times and he's out of the picture, and key on Alshon like we did against Tech's Johnson a few years back to shut him down and pound Garcia, provided he's allowed back after a few more suspensions, or Shaw who will be ground meat after the first quarter if he's in.

We're going to crush these turkeys, this year. None of this next year crud. I can understand all the trepidation among the Tiger faithful about this coming year considering the rocky road these past few seasons. But I'm not going to get on this board and concede anything to those jokers. This is a different team coming this year and it's hard to imagine it's going to be smooth start. But once we get deeper into the season, the pieces will run better together.

We own the coots in W-B and we'll own them again come this fall. I'm very much looking forward to that game. Our Tigers will come out ready to play, we'll out talent them on both sides of the ball, and we'll stay ready for a four quarter beat down. SOS "called the dogs off" in the second half? My big old b&tt. Nobody lets up in this game, not until its 56-10 or something like when Stuckey did his best not to score that extra touchdown. Wasn't that at the W-B?

They can crow all they want. They can and will toss out all the coot logic in the world to try and defend themselves and their ways. But collection day is coming soon friends, and we're getting our money.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B!

Jun 26, 2011, 3:19 PM

Ok.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2011, 3:22 PM

Hmmm as much as i would love to see that I just dunno man.. USC has a good core group of FOOTBALL PLAYERS, I dunno about them as people but they can play football

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is better at every position than them. Boyd

Jun 26, 2011, 3:23 PM

looks like he is the qb of the future and I have no reservations at all about him. WR should be stocked too and much better than USUC

Re: Clemson is better at every position than them. Boyd

Jun 26, 2011, 3:29 PM

Dang dude. You got beat by 22 in the last meeting. Not even a competitive game and you lost Bowers, McDaniel and others and you are better at every position coming into this year?? Are you serious?? If so, your coaching staff is not very good.

Because your argument just made complete sense...***

Jun 26, 2011, 4:23 PM

Jun 26, 2011, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is better at every position than them. Boyd ]

please tell me how you are better at every position...break it down for me if you would

Jun 26, 2011, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Clemson is better at every position than them. Boyd ]

not sure how clemson is better in every position, considering half our top talent is not on campus yet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2011, 3:23 PM

As a true fan you should believe in your team and should not concede to anyone. Who knows what both teams will look like come November??

AS a Carolina fan I look forward to November. At this point I like our chances to win a 3rd straight but again who knows what happens with injuries between now and then??

My opinion, and we all know about opinions: You have scored 2 offensive td's in the last 2 games against us. We have dominated the line of scrimmage and I think we will be better up front again this year.

Boyd will need to show major improvements as he struggled against USC and in the bowl until USF went to prevent. No matter how good your incoming guys are they are still 1st time players and you just never know. They could be world beaters or they could lay eggs.

I don't wee where we lost much to take a step back and I feel like you guys did lose a little more than us. You are running a new offense and for all the excitement, which there should be, Morris has not proven himself yet. Tulsa is not an ACC or SEC type school and that is a question mark.

Not knocking your head coach, but you put equal talent on the field and ask the coach to win the game thru strategy and making adjustments and I'll take Spurrier over Dabo.

You guys are bringing in talent and it will be interesting to see how soon they make a difference. Could be 1st game, could be middle of season, could be next year or maybe never. That is what makes college football so fun.

Have a great day guys.

We're getting our money this fall, lank.

Jun 26, 2011, 3:43 PM

All four quarters worth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're getting our money this fall, lank.

Jun 26, 2011, 3:47 PM

So what you're saying is you are counting on the freshmen to win games for you?? They are a very good class, we'll see how it turns out.

I'm counting on Tigers to win games.***

Jun 26, 2011, 3:48 PM

Re: I'm counting on Tigers to win games.***

Jun 26, 2011, 3:49 PM

don't blame you, that is what fans should do.

Clever...

Jun 26, 2011, 4:25 PM [ in reply to We're getting our money this fall, lank. ]

:)

Which positions are you better than USC at?***

Jun 26, 2011, 3:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You're the visitor here so......

Jun 26, 2011, 4:03 PM

Which positions are you better than Clemson at?***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lattimore is way over rated. He would not even play here***

Jun 26, 2011, 5:34 PM

You're waaaay underpaid at $800,000.******

Jun 26, 2011, 5:47 PM

Better than living in cola***

Jun 26, 2011, 6:25 PM

Bless your heart. ******

Jun 26, 2011, 9:15 PM

Re: lattimore is way over rated. He would not even play here***

Jun 27, 2011, 8:46 AM [ in reply to lattimore is way over rated. He would not even play here*** ]

I want some of what ya'll are smoking!

Re: You're the visitor here so......

Jun 26, 2011, 7:09 PM [ in reply to You're the visitor here so...... ]

QB
WR
RB
DE
DT
LB
CB
S

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out the brains on Chad. Gold star, Classless9.***

Jun 26, 2011, 7:13 PM

Well.....

Jun 26, 2011, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: You're the visitor here so...... ]

At least we got you at

K
P
KR
TB
WB
R
NA
SOS
DD
PHD
BS

That's 11 to 7. Tigers Win. Gamecocks Loose

;)

Jun 26, 2011, 3:40 PM

I think we will take some lumps early in the year,by the end though we will be playing good football.I see the coots falling on their faces this season and winning 8 games at most.Clemson on the other hand will be better than the experts expect.So by Nov,the Tigers will be rolling and the Coots will be limping into the game.

Jun 26, 2011, 4:19 PM

I agree. I think the wheels start to come off for the chickens with the second game they play. I predict a loss to Georgia in Athens!

Jun 26, 2011, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B! ]

i'm a little tired of hearing how much better sc was than us last year. and the comment that we scored one TD last year. There is such a thing as beating yourself. We scored one TD last year..take away the one we gave you at the 4 yard line and the INT for a TD and how many times did sc drive to the endzone? We both drove the field for 1 Td. Granted, we still lose by 6 or 8 but i would hardly say sc had better talent. And for the life of me, i don't understand people picking them to win the East again..are FLA and GA and TENN really going to be that bad again because thats the only way they win it again!

Jun 26, 2011, 4:30 PM

Tenn is on the rise now that they have a consistent quaterback. He did pretty well as a true freshmen, and he's improved even more over the off season.

Georgia and Florida are doing better, but I think it will be another year before they get back to where they used to be. Despite the fact that the SECleast teams are still down, I dont see SC beating any of them. I cant wait to watch a weakened Geogia destroy them.

Jun 26, 2011, 4:38 PM

With a stout "D" and a heisman candidate in the backfield and a consensus All-American out wide, just where do you think USC will be weak at? It could get ugly in WB this year if injuries do not become a factor.

Jun 26, 2011, 4:45 PM

it has always been ugly at the 'roach.

Jun 26, 2011, 4:51 PM

they lost 5 games last year...and 3 of the last 4. just don't see where all the excitement is coming from.

Jun 26, 2011, 5:47 PM

They beat us twice in a row to end a pathetically long streak. That's really where it's coming from. I'm sure the national embarrassment in Atlanta last year and getting whipped by ACC runner-up FSU in their bowl isn't fueling it. But with coot logic you never know.

Curious, how does FSU beating us make Clemson

Jun 26, 2011, 7:15 PM

any better?

As evidenced by the play on the field the last two seasons we've been head and shoulders above you.

I know reading comprehension isn't a strong suit at USuC,

Jun 26, 2011, 7:21 PM

but if you're going to be an interloper here at least try to follow the topic better.

At least you acknowledge that USC has been significantly

Jun 26, 2011, 7:26 PM

better on the field the past two seasons.

By my recollection USC was 8-5 last year and 9-4 the year

Jun 26, 2011, 7:31 PM

before. Since we never played them it's hard to say who was better, though we were not very good last year so I'll give them the 2010 nod. 2009 would be a toss-up.

South Carolina finished the reugular season last year on

Jun 26, 2011, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B! ]

a 3 game winning streak. They lost the last 2. So at worst they finished the last 4 games 2-2.

SC's secondary is HORRIBLE***

Jun 26, 2011, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B! ]

Jun 26, 2011, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B! ]

equal talent...usuck has better coaches

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2011, 6:04 PM

SC loses to Fla. St but there is no shame in losing to South Florida in a bowl game with 10,000 people? Tater logic at it's best.

Jun 26, 2011, 6:14 PM

Of course it was shameful, as was losing to USuC. Try again, coot.

Well we stopped after the Allen pick six

Jun 26, 2011, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to collect its rent this November at W-B! ]

so we could have done more.

I love this. Such total BS.

Jun 27, 2011, 12:11 AM

Your offense struggled big time against ouyr defense. Lattimore at 2 yds per carry and Garcia completing less than 50% of his passes. You didn't call off the dogs late, you just couldn't move the ball on us. Clemson lost that game, not USC winning it.

null

Jun 26, 2011, 7:49 PM

Love the way you think man! Hope the players and coaches feel the same way! This game is more important than any other really! We have to beat them this year if Dabo is going to gain any respect.

Re: Man that was an embarrassing....

Jun 27, 2011, 8:57 AM

rant. Sounded too much like someone needing to convince themselves more than anything.

Look lets face reality, barring injuries to a number of SC biggest players, SC will be a solid favorite in November. Clemson is in a transition period and will be going thru some growing pains this year for sure.

Offensively, a inconsistent 1st year QB and an average WR corp is going to mean another struggle on offense. And the one constant for the Tigers their defense unfortunately is going to take a step back with the losses on the DL, at S, and CB.

But understandably, pimping out false confidence to keep the juices flowing is probably needed.

Not as embarrassing as calling yourself a #### though,

Jun 27, 2011, 9:14 AM

is it? You don't know much about this team up in the foothills. Come November you will.

Re: Not as embarrassing as calling yourself a #### though,

Jun 27, 2011, 7:25 PM

somebody choke that chicken!

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic