Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What I think happened in the MIke Davis situation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,698

What I think happened in the MIke Davis situation...

Jan 22, 2012, 8:29 PM

Dabo knows that MD is a coot commit. He has been in the business long enough to know that bringing a recruit like that in can have terrible effects on other recruits.

James, on the other hand, wants his brother to play at Clemson. He is convinced that his brother would change his mind, but that is all based on James' love for Clemson. He does not want to believe that his brother would cause any harm....and brothers should feel that way. James loves Clemson and is having a hard time accepting MD's decision and can't understand why MD would not feel the same as he does. James is thinking this is a slap in his face since he convinced his brother to visit.

Dabo thinks it would hurt having him there with other recruits. In this case, I will have to go with a coach that has probably seen bad results from this type of situation.

Who knows...the coots may have encouraged JD to visit Clemson and work on other recruits for them. That type of thing has happend on many campuses.

You have to admire James for his Tiger love, but at the same time, you have to realize that Dabo has a lot of experience as to what could happen.

Dabo's hands are tied. He cannot defend himself, cannnot discuss recruits...nor do I think he would. We have no idea if there was a phone call or not. We have no idea if this was not told to JD when he was in Clemson and this was just a follow up to cover anything that was said between JD and Dabo. We have no idea what MD has told JD. But, I honestly believe that if Dabo could discuss it, he would not throw MD or JD under the bus because he knows this could cause a problem between brothers. That is not Dabo's style.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I think happened in the MIke Davis situation...

Jan 22, 2012, 8:31 PM

Like JD but trusting Dabo here. he knows what he is doing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did Mike not visit Clemson while James played here???***

Jan 22, 2012, 8:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no idea

Jan 22, 2012, 8:43 PM

havent heard either way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no idea

Jan 22, 2012, 8:51 PM

MD visited Clemson many times,while JD played here. MD knows Clemson,well. He was not going to decommit from the coots. His mind was made up. We did not need an immature coot commit on campus,on our big recruiting weekend. Sorry for JD,but Dabo did what he had to do.

I am not sure I would even call him...

Jan 22, 2012, 8:57 PM

immature. He is what he is....a 17/18 yr old KID. Some are mature at that age and some are not. High profile athletes are so used to being the center of attention, they don't know where to draw the line. They will learn eventually.

Re: I am not sure I would even call him...

Jan 22, 2012, 9:15 PM

Great post.

Re: Did Mike not visit Clemson while James played here???***

Jan 23, 2012, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Did Mike not visit Clemson while James played here???*** ]

Well, when James left, that puts MD at about 15 maybe...so MD would have been 10 or 11 when James came to Clemson...so not sure how much little bro would have traveled. ???
'lot of missing details...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This actually is closer to the truth.

Jan 22, 2012, 8:44 PM

JD and Dabo will get it straight. There is no story here, but some would like it to be.

Re: This actually is closer to the truth.

Jan 23, 2012, 12:20 AM

I agree with Pawsitive. There is no story here. Clemson did not invite Mike Davis to visit. I assume, James and Mike assumed.......

Exactly!***

Jan 23, 2012, 11:30 AM [ in reply to This actually is closer to the truth. ]

Agree 100 percent***

Jan 22, 2012, 8:44 PM

Spot om

Jan 22, 2012, 8:48 PM

Maybe a phone call would have been better.

But it was pretty obvious MD had no interest in Clemson. Why waste the precious time?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mike Davis has to know all about Clemson, so if he is not

Jan 22, 2012, 8:53 PM

inclined to have us in his top teams from the get-go, then he ain't likely to come at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a bunch of BS post..

Jan 22, 2012, 11:53 PM

I'm not convinced JD loves Clemson at all. Sounds to me that that he is sucking up to the Coots, too.

Re: What a bunch of BS post..

Jan 23, 2012, 12:01 AM

I believe JD loves Clemson and wants his brother to come to Clemson but Mike has a mind of his own. James Davis was a great Clemson player that I respect a lot and I hate all this for him.

If what you are saying is true, than Mike must

Jan 23, 2012, 12:10 AM

hate his brother, James. I don't buy it. James has said he supports his brother in this decision. As far as I'm concerned, they are both coots. Thanks Dabo, for not kissing up to them.

I don't believe that for a second

Jan 23, 2012, 8:20 AM [ in reply to What a bunch of BS post.. ]

Based on the tweets I've seen from JD in the past week or so, I have no doubt that he's very conflicted about his brother committing to USC and is not happy about it. But he's still going to choose family over school, as he should. Davis is the epitome of a player who loves Clemson.

LOL. Pretty cloak and dagger.***

Jan 23, 2012, 7:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2012, 7:52 AM

Mike Davis is an attention hawk and he is getting what he wants. Look at this board 80% of post are about him. Same on coot boards and UGA. Give him the silent treatment. Mike Davis.....who is that?

Jan 23, 2012, 8:27 AM

thank you, leave this alone, we'll make him pay on the field.

Re: Possibly but looking at the history....Mike Davis.

Jan 23, 2012, 11:26 AM

really had no interest in Clemson and has made that abundantly clear. He committed to play at UF then when he changed that he looked at UGA\SC so he appears to strongly want an SEC school first.

It is also clear that James Davis has been lobbying hard for his brother to at least consider Clemson and take a visit when obviously Mike Davis had no interest.

James probably feels a little upset that the months of effort he put in to get his brother to visit was blown up after his brother had agreed.

In the end, it will wash out...Mike Davis had no interest in playing at Clemson and a token visit for his brother was wasting everyone's time.

Jan 23, 2012, 9:39 PM

so what i get from all this is that james,JD,is a lawyer now,and mike,MD,is a physician.is that correct?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 23, 2012, 11:39 PM

I think JD might have skipped lawyer and went right to Judge...and MD...Heal thy self.

Jan 24, 2012, 12:34 AM

I just hope this does not turn into a Scott Wingo situation.Is Mike Davis that good?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,698
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic