Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It Doesn't Matter Who Starts, Only How We Finish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 837

It Doesn't Matter Who Starts, Only How We Finish

Jul 22, 2018, 11:35 AM

Let's examine the current situation at Clemson. First I'd like to point out that our team has an ultra embarrassment of riches on both sides of the ball. We're talking from a talent, experience, and depth standpoint. Brent Venables will always talk about how thin he is somewhere, it's his nature. However, the pressing question that everyone seems to have is who starts at Quarterback this season.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO STARTS. Here's why:

Coach Swinney knows that he has all of the pieces in place to be the first team to go 15-0, and he's not going to let an individual player get in the way of that. Regardless of Dabo's loyalty, it will not matter when the game is on the line. Another good reason to have some faith is the new red-shirt rule. If Kelly Bryant gets in there and starts choking, Dabo will not hesitate to throw Trevor Lawrence or Chase Brice into the mix. With the new transfer rule, Kelly Bryant can transfer to another school and save his football career. Do not worry about how that will play out because it only matters that we win the Oculus Trophy in January of next year.

The final point I make is this. Coach Streeter has been working consistently with Kelly Bryant on his downfield passing abilities. According to all of the coaches, his ability has improved a great deal from last year. We don't need Kelly Bryant to be as good as Deshaun Watson, we need to him complete passes up to 15-20 yards at a time. With our running game and experience on the offensive line, we shouldn't have any issues this season extending drives. That's a good thing too because when you can gash a defense for 5 to 10 yards at a time it demoralizes them. If we play at a fast pace as we used to in the past, then you'll see a lot of defenses get tired by mid 2nd Quarter. Then we can run it down their throats for the entire second half of the game.

The way our defense is starting to come together, we may have as many as 4 shut outs this season. I'm not worried about who starts at Quarterback. Even if we have to field goal opponents to death in order to win, it does not bother me. To add even further confidence, I'd like to point out that our return game on punts and kickoffs will be extremely dangerous for any opponent facing Clemson this year. I'd say it will be very rare that we start a drive behind our own 35-40 yard line with the way our return team has come together. So as you can see, Quarterback play isn't the end all be all in the game of College Football. Now, you can all take a collective sigh of relief and know that we will more than likely win it all this season if Clemson executes to their max potential.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 0
| visibility 837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic