Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know we’re not DBU,but I wish we could reel in some top corner recruits and safeties.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I know we’re not DBU,but I wish we could reel in some top corner recruits and safeties.

Dec 9, 2017, 10:52 PM

Like Patrick Surtain Jr.,and Kelvin Joseph,just a couple of the top DBs in the class of ‘18.Trayvon Mullen was an amazing get,but I just wish we could stay consistent with that position like we do with the D-line.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know we’re not DBU,but I wish we could reel in some top corner recruits and safeties.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:01 PM

Not to worry! My friend we have BV.

?

Dec 9, 2017, 11:03 PM

2017 Class Rivals

L Williams 11th Cornerback 111th Overall
A Terrell 2nd Cornerback 13th Overall

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Double ?!!! I mean, has he not watched any games this year?***

Dec 10, 2017, 7:39 AM

^this^

Dec 10, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to ? ]

Mullen and Fields also say hello

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know we’re not DBU,but I wish we could reel in some top corner recruits and safeties.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:03 PM

Like Mackenzie Alexander, Trayvon Mullen, Mark Fields, Isiah Simmons, AJ Terrell or KV Wallace? All of which were either 4-5 stars...

We got the players and we have an outstanding secondary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

K’Von was actually a criminally underrated 3-Star***

Dec 10, 2017, 11:54 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 11:06 PM

Whether we recruit or develop the talent in the secondary a lot of the players seem to end up on NFL rosters. I don't know for sure but I would venture to say that Clemson has had more DB's drafted than DL's

Dec 9, 2017, 11:29 PM

Mac Alexander, TJ Green, Jaron Kearse, and Tankersly in the last 2 years. That's a pretty good haul.

We got a little spoiled by Alexander because he was a phenomenal player right off the rip. Shutdown corners like him are extremely rare. tOSU was supposed to have an elite DB core with 2-3 first rounders and DW shredded them.

He threw 2 picks.......

Dec 9, 2017, 11:43 PM

And both were on him. The only reason we “shredded them” is because their offense couldn’t stay on the field and we wore them down with a punishing run attack.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I wouldn't say that on pick in the endzone was "on" DW

Dec 10, 2017, 7:58 AM

DW made the right read and made a heckuva throw that would have been a TD against just about any other corner in college fotball. That dude just made an even more elite defensive play than DW's pass and he deserves all the credit for doing so.

Dec 10, 2017, 6:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I know we’re not DBU,but I wish we could reel in some top corner recruits and safeties. ]

OP is kidding, right? Tell me he is kidding.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2017, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I know we’re not DBU,but I wish we could reel in some top corner recruits and safeties. ]

And Sensabaugh, Maxwell, Gilchrist, Breeland. Essentially, one DB/year to the NFL the past 7-8 years...pretty solid trend. The current core of DB's is the deepest Clemson have had, in my view.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2017, 8:36 AM

Kyler McMichael says hey.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic