Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU BB expectations...was sitting here considering whether
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,122

CU BB expectations...was sitting here considering whether

May 21, 2019, 3:44 PM

ML should be feeling a "little heat" after this year...like maybe a low simmer. I didn't ponder the question too long...with consideration of injuries and the folks we lost from last year I believe this year was to be expected.

What threw a lot of us off was our hot start; it had most of us thinking we were better than we actually were. We have the talent and were very good for short stretches but then we started our season ending slide...and now here we are.

I pulled this article from 2015 which shows where we were when Monte was hired. The cupboard wasn't bare but we'd dropped from elite team status. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Monte Lee...let's give him a couple more years...and then reconvene.

In the words of the immortal LBB...WhAt saY YoU?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/baseball/2015/06/04/clemson-fires-longtime-baseball-coach-jack-leggett/28475329/

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU BB expectations...was sitting here considering whether

May 21, 2019, 3:46 PM

We wanted to fire Dabo after an Atlantic Championship and a 6-7 season. Give the man time, we have an ACC championship and 3 regional hosts. Monte just sent the rest of Jacks recruits home, I won’t make judgements until a coach has all his players in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We wanted to fire Dabo after an Atlantic Championship and a 6-7 season. Give the man time, we have an ACC championship and 3 regional hosts. Monte just sent the rest of Jacks recruits home, I won’t make judgements until a coach has all his players in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This board does that alot. Win a couple decent games and almost everyone thinks were Omaha bound. Its a long season. Especially the way we play

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 4:07 PM

FACT OF THE MATTER IS MONTE WON A TON OF GAMES HIS 1ST 3 YEARS. THIS YEAR HAS BEEN A STRUGGLE, NO DOUBT. THE FACT THAT WE DID NOT HAVE STRIDER AND RAYFIELD AND BASICALLY GOT SQUAT FROM CRAWFORD AND HENNY HURT BIG TIME. SHARPE WAS AWESOME BUT LOOKED LIKE HE HIT A LITTLE BIT OF A WALL. PLUS WE LOST GREEN FOR 32 GAMES AND BASICALLY DID NOT HAVE KIER. PLUS GOT VERY LITTLE FROM SAM HALL. BIG YEAR FOR HIM NEXT YEAR. DONT YOU THINK MOST TEAMS WOULD HAVE TROUBLE OVERCOMING ALL OF THAT. WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME IF HE TWEEKED THE STAFF A BIT. JUST A GUESS. WE HAVE A LOT OF GOOD YOUNG TALENT. BUT HEY IT IS ALWAYS NOW WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY. MAYBE SOME SHOULD JUST SIT BACK AND REALIZE WHAT CAUSED THE PROBLEMS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2019, 6:16 PM

I’m definitely disappointed. I expect us to at least make a regional each year. Kinda hard to process a season this bad. Would not in a million years have guessed we would lose to GW and PC back to back. Just ugly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,122
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic