Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
whiskey.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 211

whiskey.net

Apr 19, 2019, 11:54 AM

Had a random box show up on my porch this week from Jacksonville. Racked my brain to remember what I might have drunk-ordered on Amazon. Turns out, a fella from another Clemson bored came through and mailed me a bottle from the distillery he's partnered in. Think he's mostly silent, as he's an attorney by day, but Manifest Distilling in JAX is apparently turning out some good stuff. Their gin is reportedly very good (I'm a gin rookie, but I'm larnin'). All of their whiskey is still in barrels, so the rye and a couple bourbons they bottle are sourced from various places. I need to ask where they got the rye from.

Got around to trying it a coupla days ago. It's a wheated rye, which (oddly) gives it a malty character--it's different than any other rye I've tasted. If you like scotch/malt, you'll dig this. I don't particularly, so it won't be my favorite, but it's quite drinkable. And surprisingly, at 100 proof, there is almost zero alcohol burn, which is usually the opposite of what wheat does to a whiskey. reflux got the same porchbomb, and he said he was gonna try it in cocktails to see how that works. Manifest should have SC distribution sometime this year. And I'm down in JAX in a few months for a mini family reunion, so I should get a chance to peek into their facility.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ever tried Stillhouse?

Apr 19, 2019, 12:18 PM

Nephew bought me one of these tin bottles of Stillhouse for Christmas. Kind of threw it up on the bar and forgot about it, but I guess I need to crack it open and see if it's a sipper or I need to kill it with Cola.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never even heard of it.

Apr 19, 2019, 12:22 PM

It sounds questionable. It could also be undiscovered magic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nor had I.

Apr 19, 2019, 2:31 PM

Matter of fact, I think the fact that we had Christmas with the in-laws in late February and all that was going on with mom-in-law...it just sort of ended up on the back burner. Hadn't even gone out to read internet things about it, but for some reason your post made remember it was there. Pretty sure nephew bought it because it was unique that it came in a tin bottle. Looks like around a $30 bottle after a quick Google. I also found this...

https://www.bevnet.com/news/spirits/2017/stillhouse-spirits-names-g-eazy-partnerco-creative-director/

Huh. Interesting.

Apr 19, 2019, 2:38 PM

https://www.packagingdigest.com/packaging-design/first-stainless-steel-container-for-whiskey-reflects-Stillhouse-brands-independence-2016-03-11

Replies: 4
| visibility 211
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic