Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
my thoughts, not that they matter, on nike and kaepernick...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 259

my thoughts, not that they matter, on nike and kaepernick...

Sep 4, 2018, 9:59 AM

First of all, I am a fairly conservative person but this whole thing is crazy.

Nike is nike. They always will be. This will be a topic of conversation for a few weeks and it will go away. Those who liked and wore nike will still wear it and those who dont, wont. Nike may see a bit of a drop off but largely it wont affect their bottom line.

As for Kaepernick... although I dont agree with his stance or his use of pigs, Castro, etc... i believe he is very smart. He has capitalized on his "sacrifice" and turned it in to generating $ for himself.

Those of you that now say you are "done" with nike, why have you not felt this strongly when they continued to stand by Tiger Woods when he went through all of his struggles? He is probably a much less deserving marketer for them than Kaepernick.

Lastly, over the next few weeks i'll be interested to see if any of the Nike athletes (especially golfers since they're individualized) will ask to be nixed from their contract and move to something else. That, my friends, would be sacrifice but i dont anticipate really seeing any of that happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What happened?***

Sep 4, 2018, 10:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened?***

Sep 4, 2018, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: my thoughts, not that they matter, on nike and kaepernick...

Sep 4, 2018, 10:05 AM

Hopefully Kap puts most of his money into local charities and starts fighting the epidemic of fatherless children in the black communities. If he is true to his cause, he would be pumping money into community centers and educating the black community.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't support any company unless they produce...

Sep 4, 2018, 3:27 PM

a good product at a price which fits the quality.

Imo the capitalization of a political issue insults the cause. It's like a man who uses his gift of teaching to build an empire. I'm talking about TV preachers and those who run the megachurches. The idea that one who suffers for a righteous cause is not only not suffering but being rewarded for his efforts taints the message.

I'm thinking Castro and Che here.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The similarities between Kaepernick and Tiger stop at

Sep 4, 2018, 3:57 PM

the fact they both know to post this on the correct board.

Tiger bangs hot white chicks, is a proven winner and even though he knows #### well he is past his prime, he is still pushing to win. Kaep is a quitter, a loser and a self entitled prick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I would thumb this up multiple times if I could! *****

Sep 4, 2018, 5:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Thoughts >>>

Sep 4, 2018, 3:59 PM

If'n you want to burn some Nikes, send them to me please. Also, any nice Clemson Nike gear can be donated to Greenr & Family.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just do it

Sep 4, 2018, 4:32 PM

is an unemployment ad now

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 259
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic