Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder if Dabo will invite them to a practice?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 498

Wonder if Dabo will invite them to a practice?

Apr 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

#### in Clemson? Hells Angels set to come to Clemson this summer

The Journal staff

CLEMSON — The Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, classified by the U.S. Department of Justice as an “outlaw motorcycle gang,” is coming to Clemson this summer.

Approximately 750 members of the motorcycle club and their families are scheduled to come to the city July 29-Aug. 2 as part of the club’s annual summer rally, according to city and chamber officials.

The Hells Angels Motorcycle Club is an outlaw motorcycle gang with 2,000-2,500 members in 230 chapters in the United States and 26 foreign countries, according to the Department of Justice website.

“The Hells Angels pose a criminal threat on six continents,” the Department of Justice website says.

“The Hells Angels are involved in the production, transportation and distribution of marijuana and methamphetamine. Additionally, the Hells Angels are involved in the transportation and distribution of cocaine, hashish, heroin, LSD, PCP and diverted pharmaceuticals. The Hells Angels are also involved in other criminal activity, including assault, extortion, homicide, money laundering and motorcycle theft.”

Clemson Police Chief Jimmy Dixon said he learned the Hells Angels were planning an event in the city nearly a year ago.

“They are coming,” Dixon said. “We were given an 11-month notice that they were holding their rally in Clemson. They didn’t have to do that. We can’t stop them from having an event, but we are working with other law enforcement authorities.”

Visit Clemson tourism director Kade Herrick said the Hells Angels initially expressed interest in 2016 about coming to Clemson in 2017, but opted for Branson, Mo., instead.

“They contacted us in 2016 and we looked at ‘17, and it comes down to a vote for their people, and they voted for Branson in 2017,” Herrick said. “When they came back in 2018 and then they put it up for a vote in ‘19, they voted to come here.”

Herrick said the Hells Angels gave city officials the opportunity to say no to their plans to come to Clemson in 2019 when the motorcycle club approached officials last year.

“When they came back to us in 2018, we could have told them we weren’t interested, but that wasn’t the case,” Herrick said. “They’re just like any other group coming to town. Once we made the commitment and were awarded that, we wouldn’t back out. They want to know whatever city they announce they’re going to that the city is not going to back out.”

Herrick said he met with Dixon, Clemson Mayor J.C. Cook and city administrator Rick Cotton. Afterward, he sent the visitor’s packet to the Hells Angels organization.

“It is what we would give anybody,” Herrick said. “In the even-numbered years, they go west of the Mississippi, so in 2019, we were eligible again,” Herrick said. “We did our due diligence and talked to other sites that hosted them in the past, and they didn’t have any issues and welcomed them back. It’s their annual ride. They have their annual meeting and they head out.”

The Journal learned of the event in Clemson with the Hells Angels last week, seven months after Herrick, Dixon, Cook and Cotton met to talk about it and Herrick sent the visitor’s packet to the motorcycle club.

Cook said Clemson officials found cities where Hells Angels rally events have been held didn’t have a problem with them.

“The hoteliers and the restaurants don’t care whose dollars they take,” Cook said. “I just happened to be on vacation in South Dakota a couple of times when they had a big rally and have run into them in hotels and restaurants, and they’ve been just as nice and polite. A lot of people who do this are doctors and lawyers and professional people. People work hard and have to have some release.”

Herrick said he expects an economic impact of about $1.2 million from the five days the Hells Angels are scheduled to be in the city. He said the group plans to use two local hotels and set up in the back of the buildings.

“They have a blocked-off area,” Herrick said. “They don’t want outsiders to enter so there won’t be any issues.”

Cook said the city doesn’t need any special insurance for the event. Cook said the only inconvenience he expects is residents will hear “some motorcycle noise.”

“It’s going to happen, and we’ll deal with it like we do anything else,” Cook said. “I don’t think 750 motorcycle riders will cause any more problems than 21,000 students.”

https://upstatetoday.com/2019/04/hell-in-clemson-hells-angels-set-to-come-to-clemson-this-summer/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sardi’s Den is gonna be LIT.***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So will Hog Tails and Bottoms Up.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:31 AM

Careful if you're going to Sandy Springs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

this is odd, why Clemson?***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dat Natty, baby!

Apr 12, 2019, 9:57 AM

they wanna hit up all the downtown stores for that new Natty gear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RING SEASON muthafuca!***

Apr 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Peckerwoods ain't gonna like this....

Apr 12, 2019, 9:33 AM

They're probably at Louis's Bar and Grill right off of Exit 19 discussing what to do as we speak. Or maybe they're friendly with he Hells Angels, I've seen a few on 85 here and there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suck, Bang and Blow, upstate version.***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if any of my acquaintances are going?***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:45 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you were a motorcycle enthusiast***

Apr 12, 2019, 10:18 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In reality....

Apr 12, 2019, 10:30 AM

I'm way more of a 'not getting killed by motorcycle enthusiasts enthusiast'.

I smell a marketing opportunity with

Apr 12, 2019, 10:31 AM

Dabo and his scooter surrounded by burly tatted up bikers. Suhweet!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all honesty, a few hundred HA's dressed in head to toe

Apr 12, 2019, 10:53 AM

orange at the UofSC game every other year might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Really dumb question here.....

Apr 12, 2019, 11:16 AM

They are just a bunch of rag tag drug runners, right? They just happen to make you kick someones azzz or have your azzz kicked to join...and overall be a little biaattch/FBCoach for a year.

From what I know, they are not racist, right? I am for sure not google searching that one while on VPN. Are there black Hells Angels?

So basically a bunch of drunks and punks (recognizing they would kick my tail into oblivion) are rolling into town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's going to give them the "bloom where you're planted"

Apr 12, 2019, 11:19 AM

speech. I think they'll really relate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 498
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic