Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
William Taylor, West Point grad first appointed by GW Bush testified today. Some quotes:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

William Taylor, West Point grad first appointed by GW Bush testified today. Some quotes:

Oct 22, 2019, 8:36 PM

I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular, informal channel of U.S. policy-making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons.

...it was becoming clear to me that the meeting President Zelenskyy wanted was conditioned on the investigations of Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections. It was also clear that this condition was driven by the irregular policy channel I had come to understand was guided by Mr. Giuliani.

...not to approve any additional spending of security assistance for Ukraine until further notice...the directive had come from the President to the Chief of Staff to OMB.

...NSC-led interagency meetings...At every meeting, the unanimous conclusion was that the security assistance should be resumed...the Secretaries of Defense and State, the CIA Director, and the National Security Advisor sought a joint meeting with the President to convince him to release the hold...

Ambassador Sondland had connected "investigations" with an Oval Office meeting for President Zelenskyy, which so irritated Ambassador Bolton that he abruptly ended the meeting, telling...they should have nothing to do with domestic politics."

...President Zelenskyy did not want to be used as a pawn in a U.S. re-election campaign.

...President Trump and President Zelenskyy had the long-awaited phone conversation. Strangely, even though I was Chief of Mission...I received no readout of the call from the White House.

Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation.

Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelenskyy to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. election....in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, "everything" was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance.

...President Trump told Ambassador Sondland that he was not asking for a "quid pro quo." But President Trump did insist that President Zelenskyy go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 election interference, and that President Zelenskyy should want to do this himself...President Trump was adamant that President Zelenskyy, himself, had to "clear things up and do it in public." President Trump said it was not a "quid pro quo." Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelenskyy and Mr. Yermak and told them that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelenskyy did not "clear things up" in public, we would be at a "stalemate." I understood a "stalemate" to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance.

...I also said, "I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign." Ambassador Sondland responded about five hours later that I was "incorrect about President Trump's intentions. The President had been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind." Before these text messages, during our call...Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check. Ambassador Volker used the same terms several days later...

You can read the entire testimony here, if you'd like full context:

https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/542ee36f-eafc-4f2b-a075-b3b492d981a5/note/75965f57-6561-42f8-af40-a9e984a85660.pdf

So my question to P&R, if you clearly offer a quid pro quo but say you didn't, is there quid pro quo?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from what i have read, he has no first hand knowledge***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did you get these quotes?***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:51 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: How did you get these quotes?***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:54 PM

https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/542ee36f-eafc-4f2b-a075-b3b492d981a5/note/75965f57-6561-42f8-af40-a9e984a85660.pdf

I edited this link to the source into the main post now as well.

dont believe you, it's against the law***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:55 PM

So is withholding crucial military aid as an extortion attempt to influence an election

Oct 22, 2019, 9:29 PM

But you know, these things have a way of leaking out.

Did Repubes get to aks questions?***

Oct 22, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: How did you get these quotes?*** ]

Just read the transcript, it took me 15 minutes

Oct 22, 2019, 9:32 PM

Last page: "And I am glad to answer your questions"

Republicans aren't going to read meticulously documented

Oct 23, 2019, 8:39 AM

contemporaneous records of phone calls, text messages, meetings and timelines that might give them a more accurate and complete understanding of the events that occurred. When you have no defense, you complain about the process.

They have a willful ignorance of the facts and details, but they know what's behind the curtain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Share em if you’ve got em.***

Oct 23, 2019, 8:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a registered Republican...

Oct 23, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Republicans aren't going to read meticulously documented ]

bet I've read more than you!

I know that sounds arrogant af, but your "Go Team Go" attitude on here is exhausting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find the sycophantic idiotic defense of everything Trump

Oct 23, 2019, 8:52 AM

to be exhausting.

I look forward to criminals, crooks and liars getting what they deserve. More people should stop defending people of that ilk instead of the blind fealty.

If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a bigger sycophant on here than you?....

Oct 23, 2019, 9:40 AM

seriously...for years

Maybe Memphis would give you a run for your money...maybe.

Folks that behave like you do on here do more harm that good to the goal of "criminals, crooks and liars getting what they deserve".

You treat and spin every.little.thing out of or about the White House as end-of-times. That kind of action by folks like you and much of the media only work to turn level-headed folk to be more sympathetic to Trump and feed into his narrative that he doesn't get a fair shake.

And I say that as someone who can't stand the guy, didn't vote for the guy, and think he's setting back the conservative movement to potentially unrecoverable levels. I think the impeachment inquiry is fully warranted...but many on the left can't help themselves but to overshoot as they are driven by such a level of political hate.

If folks, and much of the media, like yourself would just sit back and let the situation play out, I think you would find public opinion to be more supportive. But you just can't help the daily cheer leading and "Go Team Go" attitude that turns so many reasonable people against your cause...or perhaps better said, less quick to agree.

You don't know what "sycophant" means.

Oct 23, 2019, 3:21 PM

I don't have time or energy for hate. Joyful is the word I would use. I'm having a blast watching history being made. You don't seem to be enjoying it, for some reason.

I do agree with you, however, that Trump is doing some serious long term damage to the Republican Party, which they have brought and are bringing upon themselves. Republicans are presenting a lot of process arguments and attacking messengers, but with no real defense of Trump's corruption, there is a lot of frustration, as your posts perfectly demonstrate.

Photo of Chuckston T-bag

Oct 23, 2019, 3:38 PM

Quite telling...

Oct 23, 2019, 4:32 PM [ in reply to You don't know what "sycophant" means. ]

the fact that anyone would take joy in the current situation is sickening. Do you really WANT Pres Trump to be guilty? If so, why?

If you're putting your country ahead of politics and party, who would want the President to be guilty of something that rises to the level of impeachment?

Re: You don't know what "sycophant" means.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to You don't know what "sycophant" means. ]

What you fail to realize is there is no Trump corruption. Its all been lies from day one but your hate for Trump and bias won't allow you to admit. You are on the wrong side of history.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't know what "sycophant" means.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to You don't know what "sycophant" means. ]

I don't have time or energy for hate.

LOL! My sides hurt!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exhausting? He’s clinical.

Oct 23, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to I'm a registered Republican... ]

It would be funny if not so sad that a grownass man had lost three years of his life obsessing over a politician.

You just know that there’s a massive bulletin board in his basement with pictures of Russians and trump cabinet members and pieces of yarn connecting them all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I don't like em, so I don't believe em!" Classic Trumpie***

Oct 23, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to How did you get these quotes?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I think he’s pointing out the fact that the Dems have

Oct 23, 2019, 8:07 AM

Kept such a tight leash on these to avoid leaks.

Given the numerous people that have testified, it’s an interesting coincidence that the only/first one that leaked is one critical of Trump.

Re: I think he’s pointing out the fact that the Dems have

Oct 23, 2019, 8:14 AM

I don't give Crash that much credit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: William Taylor, West Point grad first appointed by GW Bush testified today. Some quotes:

Oct 22, 2019, 9:05 PM

Obviously part of the deep state trying to mess with a loyal, honest, class act like Donald Trump.

Re: William Taylor, West Point grad first appointed by GW Bush testified today. Some quotes:

Oct 24, 2019, 9:23 PM

I knew you'd come to your senses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2019, 3:52 AM

Yeah, clearly a deep state guy that is a Hillary supporter. This falls into the catagory "Trump supporters reject the testimony of the current Ambassador of Ukraine." He lied under oath just to make Trump look bad.

He couldn't have had 1 st hand knowledge....so, let make it as murky and cloudy as possible and pretend it never happened. MAGA

Hilarious watching Republicans flail about wildly to defend

Oct 23, 2019, 8:19 AM

the orange vulgarian. "It's second hand news! OMG!" Never mind that the president admitted it in his memo of the conversation and that his admission has now been corroborated by multiple witnesses in the least two weeks with more to come.

Only the dumbest of the dumb refuse to believe what is in front their faces.

Re: Hilarious watching Republicans flail about wildly to defend

Oct 23, 2019, 8:41 AM

They know it's true now. They just don't want the Dems in office at any stage, so they will just stand by their guy. They would rather have a shady Trump over anything we have to offer.

BUT PENCE WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT!

Oct 23, 2019, 8:47 AM

That's what pisses me off. Get rid of the guy who has literally and in ever since of the word OBVIOUSLY blackmailed a country to interfere in our election, and replace him with ANOTHER REPUBLICAN. Just not Trump.

But they are like my 3 year old who refuses to admit he's wrong.

It's like the Patrick meme but with trump

Related image

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

I like your funny words magic man

Pence is bad. Trump is worse. Pence might be out too.

Oct 23, 2019, 8:57 AM

President Pelosi.

Yeah no.

Oct 23, 2019, 9:00 AM

Let Pence finish out the term. Allow Republicans to run a new candidate (if that is Pence then fine) for the next election. Then let the American People decide in 2020.

But get some Constitutional order back to the office first.

I like your funny words magic man

"Pence might be out too"??...how do you figure that?***

Oct 24, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Pence is bad. Trump is worse. Pence might be out too. ]

Re: BUT PENCE WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT!

Oct 23, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to BUT PENCE WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT! ]

Letting Trump would make the chances of a Dem in 2020 too strong. No way they would ever. A terrible Trump is still better than what we offer in their mind. He is way better than having us in charge.

As I said before...

Oct 23, 2019, 3:35 PM

Zelenskyy didn't know the money was being held. That's like blackmail without the blackmail victim not knowing someone has something on him, it's like a kidnaping scheme when the one who is supposed to be paying the ransom isn't getting the ransom note or like extortion when the person being extorted didn't get the demand.

It's also unlike all of the above in that there is an agreement between the US and Ukraine to mutually assist in anti-corruption investigations. Then there's consideration for the MCC which everyone interested in what's going on in Ukraine should be familiar with since Ukraine is a most corrupt place.

There are two reasons to hold the money that none seems to contest. The ongoing investigation into the origin of the 4 investigations into Trump being a treasonous Russian agent and the agreement to weed out corruption in Ukraine since we've been sending them money like they are our baby mama.

For your edification:

https://www.heritage.org/international-economies/commentary/corruption-blocks-influence-foreign-aid

But hey, if you're feeling froggy, jump.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic