Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump has an opportunity here . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Trump has an opportunity here . . .

Aug 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

to speak out against hate and racism, and strongly and repeatedly condemn and distance himself from the wackos who extrapolate violence from his rhetoric. Personally, I would feel compelled and obligated to make that my over riding message in the days and weeks to come. I know all too well that he doesn't always handle things the way I would, however.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You're assumption seems to be that those on the right...

Aug 4, 2019, 12:10 PM

are angry because of Trump. As I have said before, Trump is the fruit of the anger on the right. When someone is pushed into a corner by being demonization with attacks calling them evil and the frustration they feel due to not being able to make others understand that within our hearts we have as much compassion as anyone.

Trump is the fruit of the left's attack on conservative republicans. He did not start the fire, he is the water the right is trying to douse it with.

Past that, there is no justification for mass murder. People claiming to be doing it for political reason are nutso. Neither the leaders on the right nor the left are responsible for the actions of people who kill. Anyone who thinks political leaders are to blame or bear any responsibility is failing to blame the source of the evil in the hearts of those who murder or do harm.

No man can say anything to make me kill. Some might take actions such as harming or seeking to harm me or my family but a reasonable person will not do harm because of words.

Imo, it's a dammmed shame that politicians jump out and make hay over the deaths of Americans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'm not saying that at all. I don't believe that.

Aug 4, 2019, 12:27 PM

I've stated many times that Trump is a result, not a cause. Here is what I am saying: Most conservatives, and some left of center believe in a secure border, realize our asylum laws are being abused, and that illegal immigration is a huge problem. Most neo-nazis and white suprmecists believe the same thing. However, No real conservatives believe in hatred or violence, while many white supremicists and neo-nazis do. All I'm saying is that Trump should make that distinction loud and clear. The country would benefit, and he would benefit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: You're assumption seems to be that those on the right...

Aug 4, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to You're assumption seems to be that those on the right... ]

are angry because of Trump. As I have said before, Trump is the fruit of the anger on the right. When someone is pushed into a corner by being demonization with attacks calling them evil and the frustration they feel due to not being able to make others understand that within our hearts we have as much compassion as anyone.

Trump is the fruit of the left's attack on conservative republicans. He did not start the fire, he is the water the right is trying to douse it with.

No offense but that is utter nonsense. Then Obama was the water that the left through on the conservative fire? That is absurd.

"Pushed in a corner"? So he has no culpability for the disdain and embarrassment that the majority of American's feel for him. The bombs he throws everyday are his own, his actions and speech are his own, no one holds a gun to his head and makes him say stupid chit.

Trump as innocent victim is ridiculous. He is just as accountable for his speech and his actions as Obama was to 8 years of being skewered by conservative media every single day.

We are all responsible for our speech and actions, "backed into a corner" is just your way of blaming other people for his actions. Horse Pucky

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water is in the blue can... They picked up the red one.***

Aug 4, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to You're assumption seems to be that those on the right... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's too busy golfing.***

Aug 4, 2019, 2:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sadly, mass shootings are as American as apple pie,

Aug 4, 2019, 2:58 PM

4th of July fireworks and college football.

We will do nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Republican Senator Rob Portman just hit it out of the park

Aug 4, 2019, 3:21 PM

with his interview on the topic. Where is our POTUS?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic