Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC is overrated - Mike Farrell • Rivals.com
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,983

The SEC is overrated - Mike Farrell • Rivals.com

Sep 3, 2019, 9:59 AM

"OK here it goes – the SEC is overrated. Hear me out. I’ll give you Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M and maybe Florida as legit Top 25 teams. But after that? Maybe you can make a case for Auburn, as it pulled out a big win against Oregon. But let’s be honest – the Ducks lost that game more than Auburn won it.

And after that? Ole Miss loses to Memphis, South Carolina loses to UNC, Tennessee loses to Georgia State and Missouri loses to Wyoming. Meanwhile, Kentucky struggles against Toledo, Mississippi State gets a scare from Louisiana and Arkansas barely defeats Portland State.

Yes, I know it’s Week 1 and teams are working off of limited practice time and shaking off the rust, but this looks like to me a five-team league with the rest padding their records beating awful teams and each other. Georgia will win the East, Alabama will win the West and the league will send a ton of teams to bowl games and end up with seven or eight ranked in the Top 25 by season’s end. But I don’t see the depth of talent in the conference this year that I have in the past, and some programs could regress. Not an impressive Week 1 (or zero) for the SEC."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's taken years but it's refreshing to see the narrative

Sep 3, 2019, 10:04 AM

starting to change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,983
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic