Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stubhub buyer protection 'guarantee'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,988

Stubhub buyer protection 'guarantee'

Aug 13, 2017, 6:19 PM

Note that StubHubs guarantee is not quite correct. Here's what they actually guarantee:

1. That they will refund your money at no charge if they don't deliver Tix (gee thanks)

2. They will only consider replacement tickets if at a 'comparable' price. If you find a screaming deal that the seller no longer honors, then Stubhub will only refund your money. No replacement ticket unless within a few hundred bucks.

3. They will charge the seller for fraud up to 40% of ticket price, but try to give buyer $0 additional credit above refund. Can negotiate 20% credit after 40mins of calls. May possibly get more with additional follow up calls. In essence StubHub profits from seller errors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been using stub hub about 8 years

Aug 13, 2017, 6:22 PM

Have never had a ticket problem at all , related to seller or service .
Am I the exception?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This was my first problem too

Aug 13, 2017, 6:28 PM

Boils down to seller made an 'error' in their listing.

Otherwise I've been pleased with StubHub except the 20% fee they add onto purchases. That's gotten way too high.

Re: Stubhub buyer protection 'guarantee'

Aug 13, 2017, 7:43 PM

So, if your bank transfers $20K in your account by mistake, you're the guy that thinks it's his?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe in honoring contracts

Aug 13, 2017, 8:40 PM

Also that StubHub shouldn't profit from this. Why are they charging seller upwards of 40% while only offering 20% to impacted buyer after much haggling.

If an airline sells you a ticket for $500, are you okay if they later cancel then ask you to pay $1,500 for the same ticket?

they should give you the 40%

Aug 14, 2017, 4:15 AM

their time is worthless. It was their fault that they didn't double check the seller and they should pay for the mistake. Evil company that charges too much!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy Solution..........

Aug 14, 2017, 4:01 AM

Stand in front of stadium game day. You for sure see what you are buying and no mark ups.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic