Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching QB1 and on season 2 now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Watching QB1 and on season 2 now

May 28, 2019, 9:39 PM

How in the heck was Fields even considered close to the same level that TL was?? The kid has size and can run but I have seen nothing close to what I saw watching TL in high school. I know TL had a bad game his last playoff game in high school but besides that idk. Fields has already played like crap in 2 games and they are not even half way through the season yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching QB1 and on season 2 now

May 28, 2019, 10:24 PM

That's what I - and a bunch of Georgia high school coaches - were saying all along.

Fields flashes mad talent. He shows every tool - he can make every throw, he's physically a specimen, and he can take off and do stuff with his feet at the level of a Deshaun Watson. His highlight reel is amazing.

The problem was his decision-making...and if you watch his actual games, the guy started looking a lot less impressive. It was good play/awful play with him and he'd go ice-cold a lot...there were long stretches in multiple games when he was a complete nonfactor and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and balls were sailing on him, his touch deserted him...and it was obvious he couldn't read a defense to save his own life. He lost four or five games his senior year and almost all of his games he played every snap because they were almost all competitive well into the fourth quarter.

In contrast, Trevor pretty much threw 5 TD's by halftime and his games tended to be done and dusted and he was on the bench midway through the third quarter.

There was absolutely no comparison, and anybody who tried to claim there was sincerely needed a new eye doctor. They just were not watching the same players I was.

I'm actually not convinced Fields ever puts it together even at Ohio State. The offense definitely fits his skillset a lot better but if he doesn't learn to read defenses and go through a structured progression he's just going to bust again. He's almost going to have to start from Minute 1 at OSU but I don't know if he's ready to do that...and that can go very badly. He did not look remotely ready in the Spring Game...where I think he went 4 of 14 or something like that...he did connect on one long bomb, and then pretty much sprayed it randomly around the stadium thereafter. Ugly.

May 28, 2019, 10:36 PM

I watched some of that season and I was a little taken aback at DJs head coach. It really is an ugly look at top level football, families and attitudes. Sometimes you can see too much of things you love.

May 28, 2019, 10:57 PM

I really liked all the coaches in season 1 and 2 besides him. His attitude was horrible. Especially at at Christian school. Talking about wanting to quit during a game they are winning. Just wrong.

May 29, 2019, 6:36 AM

One of the first thoughts I had when DJ committed to Clemson is "next year even Clemson's backup QB will be better than Justin Fields." BTW, go tell some OSU fans. They think Fields is the GoaT.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic