Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wake coach was one ticked off
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Wake coach was one ticked off

May 17, 2019, 8:18 AM

mammy tapper...Monte was rolling 7's and 11's and he just kept crapping out... Blew by Monte in the post game hand shake... Was about to get outed by the HP umpire but every call he made was correct...Sucks to be you, dude...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The plays at first were correct

May 17, 2019, 8:23 AM

But that umpire was terrible for both sides. Literally called strikes in the batters boxes

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The plays at first were correct

May 17, 2019, 8:33 AM

pretty common in college. Watch MLB and the quality of ball and strike calls will spoil you. They arent perfect but much better than college

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake coach was one ticked off

May 17, 2019, 8:36 AM

That UMP kept our hitters off balance last night calling those outside pitches strikes.
He made that very AVG WF pitcher look way better than he was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Home Plate Ump did indeed like the outside corner . . .

May 17, 2019, 8:44 AM

and stayed consistently generous with every pitch in that area.

MLB Umps do spoil us, but that guy last night (IMO) was not as bad as most we've encountered this season.

I was shocked Logan's throw to first beat the guy for out #2 in the 9th . . . I would have ruled the runner safe also, had I been the 1st base ump . . . I would have been wrong too!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Home Plate Ump did indeed like the outside corner . . .

May 17, 2019, 9:51 AM

That pic you posted was excellent but looked like the ball was just entering the glove 3 inches from his toe hitting the bag. That’s the only thing I’ve seen but based on that pic, it could have been called safe.

Kudos to our camera crew for what the radio says is the best in the acc if not the country!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Home Plate Ump did indeed like the outside corner . . .

May 17, 2019, 11:18 AM

You have to remember the ball is traveling roughly 80 something miles per hour while the runner's foot is most likely traveling less than a quarter of that speed.

In slow motion or a freeze frame the speed of the ball gets lost and makes it appear as though the runner should beat the ball.

I haven't seen the picture you referenced, but during the replays it showed the ball impacted the glove prior to the runner touching the bag.

It was extremely close and the foot almost appeared to be hovering over the bag in the first frame where the ball contacted the glove.

The funniest part was the announcers, who did a pretty good job overall, saying "you can tell the ball was in the glove just before his foot touched but I wouldn't overturn it and I think they will leave him safe".

The reasoning was lost on me and I am glad we got the out call.

Re: Wake coach was one ticked off

May 17, 2019, 11:24 AM

He should have been ejected arguing a reviewed call. Holding up the game even more after the umps just watched it on tape and they made the right call

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic