Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The DAY has begun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,619

The DAY has begun

Dec 24, 2018, 12:18 PM

Our Christmas tradition is for our children and grandchildren to spend Christmas Eve at our house. You know they have to leave by 9/10 because for some Santa still exists. Together we have 4 children and TEN grandchildren. We learned early on the grandchildren don’t care a thing about that full Christmas dinner ie ham, turkey, dressing etc.. they want to unwrap the presents. As the grandchildren multiply the amount of gifts each child gets lessens but hasn’t faxed them at all. Our first four grands made out like bandits. To get back to today we are having oyster stew and frogmore stew. It’s always oyster stew but the other dish changes yearly from chicken n dumplings, sphaghetti.. etc. wish me well about 7:00 my living room will look like fire ants, but I’m so blessed to still be here and that my family wants to spend their Christmas with us. Merry Christmas TigerNet and much love to the New Year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: The DAY has begun

Dec 24, 2018, 12:23 PM

Both sure sounds good to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 1:58 PM

Thank you

Dec 24, 2018, 12:25 PM

Both of them stews sure sounds good to me. Hope ya'll have a merry Christmas

Dec 24, 2018, 1:59 PM

My favorite is oyster stew. With all of the rain our locals are closed I think.

Dec 24, 2018, 12:31 PM

Merry Christmas to you, too, Jean.

We are both blessed to have large, loving families AND the Tigers!

Dec 24, 2018, 12:40 PM

I would kill the Oyster stew, but the rest I could live without really. But If I was there, you would have to fix a big pot of the Oyster stew for sure, I love it. I love the steamed Oysters also, many times I have sit in front of the steamed Oyster grill, and eat a half bushel of single select by my self!!! Merry Christmas, and eat plenty Oyster stew bc, Oysters are good for you. Crushed Oyster shells are also great to put in the ground under your Tomato plants, it makes for big full tomato's when time to pick!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2018, 2:04 PM

I make a stock pot full of oyster stew. If we were close to me you could come eat all you want. That’s not anything you can tailgate with. I love steamed oysters too. When we go to an oyster roast Steve just leaves me at the table and and occasionally bring me a fresh drink. If you are in the Summerville/Charleston area any time we will have to go get some oysters. You have a Merry Christmas. Remember to keep all of your great memories during this holiday time.

Dec 24, 2018, 12:44 PM

You are truly blessed, Jean! Merry Christmas!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Merry Christmas JC!

Dec 24, 2018, 12:52 PM

?
Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Merry Christmas . . .

Dec 24, 2018, 12:59 PM

to the Cooper Fireant Brigade!!!

May your laughter be infectious, your remembrances warming and your souls comforted on this Our Savior's Celebration!!!!!!!

Embrace everyone with a hug that lingers . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Merry Christmas . . .

Dec 24, 2018, 2:06 PM

Thank you. Paper is flying, babies are crying and Memaw enjoys every minute

Re: Merry Christmas . . .

Dec 24, 2018, 2:25 PM

A good lowcountry spread. I was born and raised in Charleston and love seafood at Christmas since T-Day is so close with the turkey, etc.

Dec 24, 2018, 2:49 PM

Jean -- I posted a response early this AM but somehow it has disappeared. My memory is short lived re recent events but the following is what I think I posted or wish I had.

You are a Christmas gift to all of us on this board. You bring a degree of sanity that is lacking in many of our posts. After reading you post and visualizing all of those goodies gracing your table, my mouth started watering like it was a bubbling spring. I was ready to get in my car and drive to Charleston and wondering how to introduce myself to gain admittance to your feast. Oysters? I have never seen an oyster, green boiled peanut or shrimp that should escape my mouth.

I know you and your family will have a wonderful time as you gather for food, fun and fellowship. That makes for a perfect Christmas.

If you are ever in Clemson, please let me know. We can sit down and enjoy some wine and cheese. Right now, I have about 25 - 30 pounds of various cheeses in my overflow refrigerator.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and to all of you TNetters.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,619
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic