Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rudolph beating out Thomas?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Rudolph beating out Thomas?

Aug 9, 2019, 1:25 PM

I saw in an practice update that Rudolph appeared to run out with the ones as the starter over Thomas which doesn't seem likely to me. I know that they often give a guy work with the ones, and it doesn't necessarily mean he is the starter. Does anyone know if these guys are actually competing that closely as in neck and neck for that job? Thx

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the radio said XT was 3rd on the first depth chart.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:26 PM

This may be a doghouse situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the radio said XT was 3rd on the first depth chart.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:43 PM

In most cases lately, the recruits that are heavily involved with our Tigers and the chickens doesn't go well. I hope this is not the case of an entitled player. I dont like the feel of this. Coach Sweeney is usually spot on with spotting these issues early.

Re: Rudolph beating out Thomas?

Aug 9, 2019, 1:31 PM

Rudolph has the edge on the starting job coming out of Summer. Apparently he is tearing it up.

Not sure how much it means, but XT was ahead on the

Aug 9, 2019, 2:22 PM

official depth chart released in July.

Aug 6, 2014, 11:14 PM

No as usual they are just guessing to stir up the board. I would be totally shocked if XT wasn't the starter. Even is a doghouse deal. He will be in soon that later---game over. Nobody out there really has his talent level. Not even close in my book.

i HOPE so...nothing better for XT than to get pushed around

Aug 9, 2019, 1:34 PM

and have work to slam the door.

Aug 9, 2019, 1:45 PM

That pulse though. A daily dig at dividing the Tigers fans.

Aug 9, 2019, 2:48 PM

XT will start and there is no competition.

Aug 9, 2019, 3:09 PM

Coots coming on here are just trying to stir up problems that don't exist. They are just as misguided as Korncoot. They know they have nothing and we are talent rich at every position. Jealousy can create the worst in people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think u right***

Aug 9, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Rudolph beating out Thomas? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 4:21 PM

I saw in an practice update that Rudolph appeared to run out with the ones as the starter over Thomas which doesn't seem likely to me. I know that they often give a guy work with the ones, and it doesn't necessarily mean he is the starter. Does anyone know if these guys are actually competing that closely as in neck and neck for that job? Thx

Rudolph is a bad dude. He isn't as quick as XT but he might be even stronger and the dude is relentless, highly coachable, and intelligent, and he's got NFL talent in his own right. If XT got the Big Head a bit could I see Rudolph taking it away from him? Yup. And there's 4-5 other ends on the roster baying at his heels. There's a lot of that crew - maybe all of them - who are going to be playing Sundays.

I am with other posters who think XT almost certainly gets his head right and wins the job because he does have Top-5-picks-in-the-draft-type talent, but if he doesn't the coaches will just shrug and roll with Rudolph and probably Justin Mascoll. That's the luxury of being where Clemson is right now.

Myself, I think the coaches are Sending A Message. I have noticed five-star guys tend to be prone to the Big Head...not all of them, of course, but a lot. And sometimes they need to be yanked back down to Earth a bit.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic