Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My top 4 after this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

My top 4 after this week

Sep 29, 2019, 8:54 AM

1. Georgia
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Penn st

We are not number one right now. Really Georgia Oklahoma and LSU would have beaten us yesterday. But I’m not putting two teams in my top 4. Only who I think wins the sec. Alabama goes 10-2 losses to Georgia and LSU. Penn st has a defense. As for our Clemson Tigers just win and as always it take care of itself

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are dinging us for a 1 point win on the road at UNC

Sep 29, 2019, 8:58 AM

but including Penn State, who eked out a 7 point win at home over Pitt?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you are dinging us for a 1 point win on the road at UNC

Sep 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

dsgriff® said:

but including Penn State, who eked out a 7 point win at home over Pitt?

Based on performance so far. However we keep winning we stay in top 4. And very well could win it all we haven’t peaked yet. But we will

PSU wins are over Idaho, Buffalo, Pitt and Maryland

Sep 29, 2019, 9:29 AM

That rates a top 4?

Re: My top 4 after this week

Sep 29, 2019, 8:59 AM

After yesterday I'd probably replace us with Ohio State. Fortunately at this point it doesnt matter and I always judge us more harshly than others. Plenty of time to do what we need to do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 8:59 AM

No Ohio State?

Here's how I have it...

Sep 29, 2019, 9:01 AM

Based solely on performance thus far this year...

1) Auburn (two very solid wins)
2) Ohio State (has looked very dominant on both sides)
3) LSU (quality win, fairly dominant)
4T) Alabama (dominant, but inconsistencies on defense)
4T) Clemson (dominant D, inconsistencies on offense)
4T) Georgia (solid win, but like Clemson not as convincing as it seems they could be)
7) Wisconsin (solid wins, but some inconsistencies)
8) Oklahoma (they will eventually play someone decent)
9) Penn State (a couple decent wins, but need better competition to compare)
10) Florida (manages to win every week against subpar competition, fails the eye test)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 9:04 AM

Until this team loses, they should stay at #1. Didn't play the best yesterday but defending National Champions. Media going to push them down as far as possible. North Carolina came to play, and Clemson thought it would be a cakewalk. They needed this game to wake up and see that they are beatable. Everyone will see a different team when they face Florida State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

Why should we stay 1 until we lose? They are just going by how teams play at this stage. There are a bunch of teams without losses.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: My top 4 after this week ]

This is a whole new year. Like Dabo says, we started all over this year. Last year was last year.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:35 AM

Georgia, Oklahoma or LSU wouldn't have beaten Clemson yesterday because it would have been a prime time night game which Clemson thrives in.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:37 AM

Right now doesn't matter if we are even #5. Win out, win the ACCCG and we are back in the CFP's.
A loss, IMO, drops us out of the CFP's, especially if Oklahoma, Ohio State, Bama( or either LSU/Auburn) go undefeated in the West, and Georgia takes care of business in the East. Georgia has only one real test, Auburn at Auburn on 11-16.
They also play Texas Tech, but that's at home a week later.
Penn State also has to travel to Columbus in November. Don't think they win that one.
And Wisconsin can't be totally left out either.
Oh, and Bama would have beaten us yesterday, especially if we had to travel there.

Well leftie, you had me until you included

Sep 29, 2019, 9:50 AM

Texas Tech! lol A fairly solid assessment otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:05 AM

Just a terrible ranking. You can't defend that.

1. Ohio State - (they've played weak teams, but don't seem to have a weakness, and are top 5 in offense and defense)

2. Auburn - maybe the best defense in the country with a dynamo at QB - dominated some quality opponents and beat Oregon in the first game with a QB making his first start- reminds me a lot of Clemson last year)

3. LSU - Offense is absolutely incredible, good enough for #1 scoring. Defense has question marks, but loaded with talent

4. Georgia - has looked really good and has the best win of the season

5. Alabama - Has crushed every team. Tua is back to form with 23 touchdowns and no picks. Do have some question marks on the offensive line and running game, though it looked good yesterday.

6. Oklahoma - #2 offense and their defense has gone from #129 to #53. Jalen is a born leader and all-around athlete and knows what it takes to be a champion.

7. Clemson - For most of the season, the defense has been really good. However, there are concerns with rushing defense, with both Charlotte's and UNC's backs able to have some success (and the fact that three of those teams above are running teams). The offense has been pretty bad, starting out with terrible playcalling. But at the same time, a veteran, highly-touted line has been unable to get a push, Lawrence seemingly has regressed, and Etienne has been bad since the first game (in the last 4 games, he's averaged 4.6 ypc for 64 yards a game and 2 total touchdowns. Ross has also been mostly invisible in games thus far. Finally, the A&M win has lost of a lot of its luster as the Aggies struggle to beat Arkansas and get manhandled by Auburn.

8. Wisconsin - has the #1 statistical defense (allowing only 4.7 points a game) and while the offense is completely one dimensional, is the #7 scoring offense. Taylor is probably the best running back in the country. They haven't really played anyone of note, though Michigan is talented (as is Northwestern).

9. Penn State - Similar to Wisconsin (#2 scoring defense and a good offense).

10. Florida/Oregon - Florida looks like their backup QB has breathed new life into them. Oregon's only loss thus far is to my #2 team on the last play of the first game of the season.

All of those teams except Oregon control their own destiny. Any of them win out, they're in the playoffs. But based on play this season thus far (not potential - because Clemson and Bama have by far the highest ceiling again this year), that's where I think it should be. I expect Clemson to figure out what's going on (and maybe having their nose broken yesterday will help wake them up) and for them to be in the big show again (though I didn't think Clemson would actually repeat this year since they're so young - that comes once the reinforcements arrive next year). But at the moment, I think all six of those teams look more complete and dominant than Clemson right now (and for the most part, against better competition).

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic