Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My only concern...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,048

My only concern...

Sep 11, 2018, 8:09 AM

Having been able to review and evaluate our performance Saturday night, I have but one concern; our offensive line. Granted, the defense didn't perform up to their typical standard Saturday night but I believe aTm deserves a lot of credit for that. Their qb had an unbelievable night. And, as others have noted, it seems that the ball bounced their way much of the night. Yet while I hear many bemoaning KB getting most of the snaps while TL sat on the sidelines, I am not concerned about the qb situation in the least. Either of those guys is capable of taking us to the promised land "if" our offensive line does its job. That was our weak link last year and we were told it was much improved this year. I haven't seen much evidence of that. I don't understand why those guys can't give our qbs more time and why there aren't more open lanes for our running backs to get through. That has to change if we expect to win another National Championship this year. But in the final analysis, isn't it great to be concerned about what might keep us from another National Championship? It wasn't that long ago that we were trying to figure out how to beat Florida State so we could win another ACC Championship. We've come a long way baby! And I'm enjoying the ride! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's easy to extend plays when being held all night***

Sep 11, 2018, 8:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My only concern...

Sep 11, 2018, 8:29 AM

If you noticed, we did not have holding penalties on the offense, just a delay of game penalty. The O seems to be well disciplined and managed that part of the game extremely well with 105,000 fans making noise. Maybe we're saying that our OLine might need to hold a little more often??? Or at least until we start getting called doing that??? Just a thought. Maybe we are not finding our limitations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

willy if you're going to gripe and complain you did it the

Sep 11, 2018, 8:44 AM

right way! I like how you noted at the end we are still lucky to have these issues compared to our past when it seemed a national championship was a dream. I still recall the first time I heard Roy Philpott mention those words when describing our program under the helm of Deshaun Watson! Those National Championships are hard to come by - except for Bama.... hmmm... but even they have and eventually will take a tumble from the top. We really deserved to win the first two games we played vs Bama when in the first one they pulled the onside kick out and caught us off guard but that is over and done now. Last year they just beat us.

Thanks for your comments and even better for the way you put them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,048
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic