Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Luginbill gets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,236

Luginbill gets

Oct 7, 2018, 11:34 AM

Tom Luginbill, from the College Sports Sunday show on ESPNU Radio:

“When you say Dabo sees the big picture, you’re right in the sense that he’s preparing for the long haul," Luginbill said. "And I also believe that’s the No. 1 reason why he made the move with Trevor Lawrence to be the full-time guy. Because he knows that if they get into a tight game vs. a premier opponent, which would likely happen in a College Football Playoff game, you can’t win it with a running quarterback. You’re going to have to throw the ball in a two-minute or a four-minute type offense, and the best guy to give them that chance is Trevor Lawrence.

"So, you combine that move with the implementation of the freshmen and the rotating a bevy of athletes so that when you get to Week 11 or 13 or championship week, your roster is at its healthiest and most experienced it could possibly be in order to have that opportunity. Now do I think that they can get that done in time without having a slip-up? Of course I do. They’re the most gifted team in their conference. I think everybody would agree with that, and we’ll see where it goes from there. But I do think that I would agree that Dabo sees the big picture of what it’s going to take, if he gets into the top four, to actually win the whole thing.”

I'd also add that,with at least 25 leaving this year, it also sets Dabo up with an experienced team in 2019

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tom should check in with the TNet Middle School/Youth League

Oct 7, 2018, 11:39 AM

coaches before going public with a statement like that .......LOL

Re: Tom should check in with the TNet Middle School/Youth League

Oct 7, 2018, 2:17 PM

Nice ! LOL

Re: Luginbill gets

Oct 7, 2018, 2:24 PM

If the CFP met this week, they would recognize this as well. The voters look at scores, and the talking heads have to fill airtime and placate their bosses somewhat. All their bosses care about are viewers watching beer and truck commercials. Fluffing sec and big 10ish is to their advantage.

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,236
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic