Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kendrick at CB. Prior to Rogers’s injury, they were
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Kendrick at CB. Prior to Rogers’s injury, they were

Mar 27, 2019, 6:05 PM

working Kendrick at CB for two reasons...he is too good an athlete to be standing on the sidelines, and, we need help at CB. He might now be brought back to the offense. My opinion (and this is coming from a rapid, 76 year old, Clemson fan, is that he should concentrate on being a CB. Some say he is the best athlete on the team and his size and weight fits in perfectly with the NFL at CB. This is where the Joyner kid at USux messed up because he could have been a starter for us this season.

I will end this by saying I have no doubt that our coaches have thought about all of this. Whatever they decide, I will not argue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kendrick at CB. Prior to Rogers’s injury, they were

Mar 27, 2019, 6:19 PM

I don’t think Joyner would be a starter this year for us. We still have McMichael, Goodrich, and Williams coming back and Booth coming in the summer. Kendrick at DB in the Spring is about giving us emergency depth in case of an emergency and because some of the players I just mention are currently injured or not enrolled yet.

Mar 27, 2019, 9:12 PM

From what I saw today, he’s getting a lot of reps and a lot of GOOD reps. It was easy to tell he enjoyed playing on that side of the ball, didn’t see much of him at wideout if any. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

Mar 27, 2019, 6:56 PM

We don't need help at corner to my knowledge. Just right now because 2019 class hasn't come in yet. Andrew Booth, Ray Thornton, Sheridan Jones, Jalyn Phillips, Joseph Charleston, Kyler McMichael(RS) and Mario Goodrich(RS) will all be playing this season for the first time as DB's 2 of which are RS guys that you will see this year the rest are Freshmen and will all be here in about 2 months until then Kendrick is just filling in. Joyner is not some lanky/speedy guy that could realistically play CB. He's a bit oversized and blocky as well as not twitchy/fast enough to actually play the position much less start for us... He would at best be a 2nd team safety.

If Joyner had signed on with Clemson___________

Mar 27, 2019, 7:01 PM

He would have been the best thing since butter --- but since he didn't ___uh,oh well**

Mar 27, 2019, 7:10 PM

we will have a lot of depth at corner. terrell, mcmichael, Goodrich, Williams, booth, jones were all 4 and 5 stars

Mar 27, 2019, 8:24 PM

"and this is coming from a rapid, 76 year old, " - since most 76 year old guys are anything but RAPID, I guess you meant RABID. :)

Mar 27, 2019, 9:21 PM

Rapid and rabid are both better than vapid!

DK @ WR for a thousand Alex!

Mar 27, 2019, 8:56 PM

DK can play just about any position on the field and excel at it. (Not Really b/c of his weight; but you get it). He would be a good football player no matter where you put him. To me, this is a case of him sacrificing for his H.S. team. He played QB and was too valuable to play much in the defensive secondary often. Though, he did play there during crucial moments of the game. He has won a State or National Championship 5 straight years( as well as B.T. Potter ). The kid is just a winner.
He came to CU behind though in terms of WR skills. During camps at Tennessee, Florida, Florida St., Georgia when he was coming up he worked out at WR true. But, you need those game reps and practice reps for 4 years at WR. The Tee Higgins and Justin Ross's to my knowledge were able to focus on actually playing the position of WR.
After a year on campus and learning the nuisances of the position; I expect big things from DK at WR. I have no doubt though; if asked, "he would sacrifice and play CB".
We are loaded at WR; but to me Ladson and Ngata are outside WR bodies. DK could be either; but his explosiveness in tight spaces makes him ideal for the slot i.m.o.
Hoping he can get a real opportunity at WR before getting in the CB rotation. That would be the same thing as WR; having to compete with guys who played the position full time. Being behind the curve and trying to play catch up!
The comparisons and talk from players and coaches about his explosiveness will be maximized;; as we have the best coaching staff in NCAAF.
Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Higgins, Ross and Kendrick.........

Mar 27, 2019, 9:21 PM

on the field at the same time though sounds mighty good!

Re: Higgins, Ross and Kendrick.........

Mar 27, 2019, 10:00 PM

You did mean Rodgers, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic