Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m no X’s & O’s expert. D-Line related.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

I’m no X’s & O’s expert. D-Line related.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:03 PM

Would it be possible to mix in a lil’ 3-4 if Pinckney and or Williams is on the shelf longer than expected? Not sure if we have a big enough body to play Nose Tackle in a 3-4 though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: I’m no X’s & O’s expert. D-Line related.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:45 PM

Nyles's injury shouldn't take any more than a couple of months to recoup from . Williams is another story . That screw and the loss of mobility and practice time is concerning , but I like that it's 6 months til we need him again .
Also like that young guys like Jeffries and Kelly will get to shine .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Blessing In Disguise!

Feb 6, 2019, 9:03 PM

Playing and "being counted on" is a really good way to build confidence! The young guys "will be counted on early"! Darnell Jefferies is a beast. His film is awesome. He plays with a really good motor. Best part: "he has been on campus over a year getting stronger and wiser(playbook)"! No worries there.
I believe Tyler Davis is on campus. He will be asked to man the lines early; which will be a good thing. Some of these guys can lose confidence b/c you have to think: "they have always been a starter"! They have always been the man, sitting hurts your confidence if you don't have the right perspective.
Xavier Kelley has this coming season and next to live up to the high grade he came to Clemson with. I have a sneaky suspicion "he will do that"!

So, Jefferies and Kelly will be formidable! They will be getting reps everyday against the NC winning OL that is mostly intact. How could they not get better or get beaten into getting better?
We have some young guys listed as DE who I think will move to the inside( Ruke and Etinosa).
The Tigers will be fine inside!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic