Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman talk....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,059

Heisman talk....

Feb 27, 2019, 1:59 PM

So lets get this straight, Heisman isn't for the best player it's for the player that's had the best year. Trevor will have amazing stats next year with all the WR talent that we have but, our schedule is not hard enough for him to need to sit in all game and be forced to throw 30+ times every week. Our RB's are way too talented to not let them get tons of touches each, and our backup is extremely consistent and the coaches know they can rely on him.

Alabama loses their top 2 running backs and returns a RB who was going to transfer so who knows the relation effects there. Who is their backup QB even? Tua will have to stay in because they don't have the QB depth we do this year or a stable of work horse backs (yet) that they are going to run a ton. They will continue the long ball constantly and it'll boost his stats greatly.

Tua has better odds to have better stats and I agree because we are the more complete offense and steady defense not because Tua is better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heisman is a popularity contest***

Feb 27, 2019, 2:03 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

wouldn't get too worked up about it... its not the same

Feb 27, 2019, 2:15 PM

award that it used to be. After Deshaun got the shaft twice i knew it was b/c Clemson was not a large enough market to get it and it was b/c people didn't know where clemson was and why they were any good...

I do think that Trevor has as good a chance as we've ever had because of the national success of Clemson over the past decade and his dismantling of the Nations love child in Alabama. As long as he keeps up in the top 10 of QB stats and keeps winning then he'll have a good shot. Its really just like the other poster said, about popularity. And i'd say he's probably the most popular player in the media right now. Which bodes well for him. But the fact that Tua is still "owed" one if he plays good again he'll probably get it and Trevor will then be "owed" one. Its all so stupid so don't worry about it.

Simple changes

Feb 27, 2019, 2:25 PM

Voting takes place AFTER the season is over, meaning after the CFP title game. No early voting. Those changes alone would make a big difference.

Tua attempted 7 4th quarter passes in the regular

Feb 27, 2019, 2:49 PM

season last year and none in their first 8 games. His backup in some of those games was Mac Jones. I don't think he's going to be in games late next year padding his stats.

It's for the MVP - can't be for the "best" player..........

Feb 27, 2019, 2:50 PM

have never understood why they say that since it's virtually always been to a QB or RB.

And it's become a popularity contest too. A perfect example of that was Lamar Jackson beating out Deshaun Watson.

It's not really a "popularity contest" it's a stats contest

Feb 27, 2019, 4:44 PM

and Lamar had much better stats than Deshaun that year.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,059
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic