Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have been rewatching games from this past season.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,494

Have been rewatching games from this past season.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:45 PM

I know most of this is obvious:

LJ Dixon is going to score often. He may not be a big back but his speed and agility are remarkable. He was breaking ankles with his change of direction then getting to 5th gear.

To me Justin Ross’ emergence toward the end of the year over shadowed Tee Higgins. I was so impressed with what Ross had accomplished I forgot what a beast Tee Higgins is. He can make circus catches of his own. I have no idea how opposing Ds are going to handle both of them being on the field at the same time.

The limited action KJ Henry saw before red shirting is worth going back to watch. There was a play where the running back was getting away from everyone on our D and KJ chased him down and blasted him on what would have been a score.

Mario Goodrich was all over the place making plays. He is a tough CB with the ability to locate the football quickly.

Chase Brice threw some really long balls that looked like they were being thrown by TL.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:50 PM

Yes he is.

Defenses better not sleep on our WR backups!!!

Jun 7, 2019, 4:02 PM

Ladson and Ngata are ALREADY beasts themselves!!! It's going to be a fun year!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have been rewatching games from this past season.

Jun 7, 2019, 4:13 PM

Justyn Ross*

I agree with your optimism. :)

For Dixon, I would not be surprised to see him rush for over 1500 yards this year since Choice and Feaster are not in the rotation. If they can figure out how to get Dixon a small crease, then he might be in the end zone in a flash.

Jun 7, 2019, 4:49 PM

I agree that Lynn-J is explosive. But, most of his big runs were against lousy teams that were already badly beaten. Will be looking forward to see him take snaps against TAMU and Syracuse early in the games. Pretty confident he'll do well, maybe not quite at the same prolific clip as last year.

Jun 7, 2019, 8:16 PM

ddclemson said:

I agree that Lynn-J is explosive. But, most of his big runs were against lousy teams that were already badly beaten. Will be looking forward to see him take snaps against TAMU and Syracuse early in the games. Pretty confident he'll do well, maybe not quite at the same prolific clip as last year.

Agree about the breakaway TD’s being against garbage teams. It was telling that Dixon didn’t see the field against bama... while Feaster was making big plays. If Trevor pitches the ball on the last play before the last TD pass to Higgins, it was Feaster scoring that touchdown.

I don’t see Dixon being able to replace what Feaster can do. Losing Tavien is a BIG loss going into this season in my opinion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 4:52 PM

perhaps KJ Henry & Xavier Thomas can do a little linebacking as well as DE.

Jun 7, 2019, 7:14 PM

Sounds intriguing.

Jun 7, 2019, 8:07 PM

I think LJD has the potential to be better than ETN. In my opinion, he is a much more instinctive and natural runner that also has the blazing speed. He is also better at making people miss. This coming season, he is going to be a revelation to people who don't follow the team as closely as most of us do.

He probably won't get enough carries to reach 1,000 yards because of ETN and the passing game. He will get more meaningful playing time and others will get the scrub time.

During the season when Ross first started making plays, my initial thought was "this guy is clearly going to be better the Higgins". His inconsistency made me go back and forth. The two CFP games to close the season settled the issue.

I still believe Higgins will be a 1st rounder in 2020.

They're really, really good...that's all that matters!

Jun 7, 2019, 8:12 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,494
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic