Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a really good memory of my grandpa last night.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 294

Had a really good memory of my grandpa last night.

Jul 21, 2019, 4:09 PM

Hadn’t thought about this in years. When I was 5 and living in Plattsburgh NY my poppy took my older brother (7) and I to a Montreal expos game (RIP expos) He laid a mattress down in the bed of his old ford truck with top on it. Gave us snacks and drinks and we drove there that way. I remember he told us to hide under blankets when we crossed the Canadian border each time. Good times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like he had a love for mannish camping trips***

Jul 21, 2019, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ish

Jul 21, 2019, 6:48 PM

Nice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, after reading the subject you had already earned a TU from me.

Jul 21, 2019, 4:45 PM

But after reading the entire post, all my TUs are belong to you. Frick yeah! Thanks for sharing.

My first MLB game I was with my grandpa and “granny”. I don’t remember anything about that Braves game. But I remember the plastic baseball cap that my ice cream came in. I also rode in the back of a pickup truck with a camper. My uncle, who was only a few years older than me, rode in the bed of the truck with me. Any chance your name isn’t really John but is actually James, and you actually go by a nickname that females also occasionally use? Could it be Unc?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RI think about my grandparent all the time now that...

Jul 21, 2019, 9:04 PM

I'm reaching the time of life which seems so obviously in short supply. My dad's dad have a little planter with some super hot pepper sprouts. It and I were sitting in the sun on their front steps. If you google map 501 N Wilder St in Rockwood, TN you can see the house and steps. I don't believe the giant pair of swans which sat there on the platforms where handrail would be mounted.

I don't know why I did half of the things I did as a boy but I usually did them twice to make sure I was doing them perfectly wrong. Before I realized what was happening my grandfather stepped onto the porch and noticed I'd pulled all those pepper plants out of the bed.

So I ran with a 375 lb man not far behind. They had a linoleum type floor and their brass bed was really high off the floor as it appeared to me so I did my finest belly flop and slid which ended at the corner of their bed which sat in he corner of their bedroom. Oh it was about a foot and half off the side wall but my Grandfather didn't try to slim down enough to travel that far.

With one hand he lifted the end of the bed and reached for me in at the other end. My Cherokee grandmother gently put one hand on his giant arm and said 'Clyde, they're just plants.'

More later on 'Daddy Clyde.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 294
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic