Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny story from when Dabo was named interim coach.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Funny story from when Dabo was named interim coach.

Jun 23, 2019, 11:16 AM

Each year, my wife and I “adopt “ a different player on the football team. We have done this for many years.

Back when Dabo was named as the interim coach, the player that we had that year shared this story with us.

As we all know, one of the first things that Dabo did was to relieve OC Spence of his duties. Our offense was so predictable that most defensive players on opposing teams were calling out our play calls presnap. We rarely threw the ball downfield and seemed to always throw the bubble screen on almost every play.

After being named interim, Dabo called a meeting with everyone on the team. At one point, he excused everyone but players from the room. Then he gave his first head coach motivation speech to the team. It was emotional and very serious speech and he wanted the players know that he had a legitimate shot at being their permanent head coach and he wanted them to be all in and give their all.

At the end of his speech, he asked the players if anyone had any questions. Only Brandon Maye raised his hand and when Dabo called on him, Maye asked in a serious voice “yo coach, are we gonna run the bubble screen on Saturday?” The room erupted with laughter and Dabo shook his head and said probably not.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I always liked Maye and even followed his year with Miss State. I’m dying for football season to hurry up and get here and I’m reminiscing about how far we’ve come in the past decade.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny story from when Dabo was named interim coach.

Jun 23, 2019, 11:33 AM

Good one. Not saying we were easy to figure out back then but 500 years before Nostradamus predicted the bubble screens, time and date.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adopting players seems like an NCAA violation.

Jun 23, 2019, 12:44 PM

I want in. Tell me how to do this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Air Force Academy has been doing it for decades

Jun 23, 2019, 12:48 PM

Local families adopt cadets and during holidays, etc. when they can’t make it home they spend it with their adopted family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adopting players seems like an NCAA violation.

Jun 23, 2019, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Adopting players seems like an NCAA violation. ]

Yes, how is that done? I hope someone adopts Tayquon since he's had such a tough time. I read his mom died of overdose the day he came to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lmao!! good'un!***

Jun 23, 2019, 1:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic