Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dwight Clark.....Semantics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,653

Dwight Clark.....Semantics

Aug 1, 2018, 9:27 PM

Today in San Francisco there was a memorial for Dwight Clark. He will always be a hero in the Bay Area (and across the NFL, I suppose) for his game-winning touchdown reception against Dallas in the 1982 NFC Championship Game. Simply dubbed "The Catch" everyone knows without question what it is whenever it is mentioned....

At the memorial, Joe Montana gave a moving eulogy that included the following..."DC used to say to me every time I saw him...'you know Joe, they don't call it 'The Throw!'".

RIP Dwight Clark

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dwight Clark.....Semantics

Aug 1, 2018, 9:38 PM

The throw was high, but big ole Dwight went and got it . I watched that game as a 12 yr old kid on my living room floor in Moncks Corner and I remember thinking how cool that a former Tiger was involved .
It's NFL lore .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Dwight Clark.....Semantics

Aug 2, 2018, 1:37 AM

The irony was that Montana had come into Death Valley and beat that team DC was a part of. Down 17-7 in the 4th, and he brought them back. I was impressed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,653
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic