Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's schedule is a joke...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 6,951

Clemson's schedule is a joke...

Aug 14, 2019, 9:37 AM

...according to butt hurt 031O State buckaroo.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/121/Contents/Clemson-schedule-is-a-JOKE-134348448/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To which I would reply: Imagine how badly we would have

Aug 14, 2019, 9:40 AM

whupped thatass if we played a TOUGH schedule to get ready! Because, unlike Alabama, we would not have been tired out, because we play more players than anybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the fan of a team that got blown-out by 6-7 Purdue...

Aug 14, 2019, 9:41 AM

and by all rights should have lost to a really bad 5 - 7 Maryland team too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson's schedule is a joke...

Aug 14, 2019, 9:42 AM

True. I like it though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't Charlotte DIV ?

Aug 14, 2019, 9:44 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I

So much for that B1G 10 edumucation

Indeed, they are CONF-USA

Aug 14, 2019, 9:47 AM

So we have:
Wofford
Charlotte
TX A&M
South Carolina

The Buckeyes have:
Florida Atlantic
Miami (OH)
Cincinnati

Is anyone going to actually argue that our OOC schedule is easier than Ohio State's?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indeed, they are CONF-USA

Aug 14, 2019, 9:49 AM

Wow...yeah they have nothing to talk about.

RJust laughing at the claim

Aug 14, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Indeed, they are CONF-USA ]

Seriously, Charlotte and Wofford ?????? 2 FCS schools in the same season.

And no one else in that thread caught the premise was 2 FCS schools,when they aren't 2 FCS schools on schedule.LOL

And one idiot kept complaining we had "2 FBS" teams

Aug 14, 2019, 11:46 AM

on the schedule. I guess he doesn't know the difference between FBS and FCS? Pitiful.

In that entire thread nobody ever mentioned the fact that Charlotte is actually an FBS school. Football knowledge is scarce on that board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty telling when you see it in black and white...***

Aug 14, 2019, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Indeed, they are CONF-USA ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cincinatti might legit be better than South Carolina

Aug 14, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Indeed, they are CONF-USA ]

but no their OOC schedule is not good. Just playing one marquee OOC game each year is likely tougher on it's own than playing 3 MACish teams. The very best G5 teams might be a bit of a challenge, but there's really not much difference between playing a lower end G5 or an FCS team like Wofford.

Its understandable ... want to be well rested for the Natty.***

Aug 14, 2019, 9:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its understandable ... want to be well rested for the Natty.***

Aug 14, 2019, 9:51 AM

Exactly. It's all just practice for the Natty.

Re: Its understandable ... want to be well rested for the Natty.***

Aug 14, 2019, 10:00 AM

When you ranked #1 of course your schedule is easier because everyone else is bellow you! Duh!

Aug 14, 2019, 10:02 AM

Yeah, because FAU, Indiana, Miami of Ohio, and Rutgers are such powerhouse programs...

Aug 14, 2019, 10:09 AM

BTW, tosu, Charlie Bauman says, "hi"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 10:14 AM

I'd post a reply on their board but I'm scared of committing a trademark infringement. It's tough to write without using the word "The".

We play a good schedule when you consider

Aug 14, 2019, 10:17 AM

we tend to backload it at the end of the season!!!

Charlotte is not FCS

Aug 14, 2019, 10:35 AM

The guy should at least fact check a little

I get their opinion about Clemson's schedule...

Aug 14, 2019, 10:46 AM

What I can't grasp is who the good teams are in the B1G? Where's their tough schedule come from...the same 'source' as the SEC's?

Face it, what the majority of college programs want is a Tiger loss that will keep Clemson from the CFP. That's their route to a Natty...Clemson's absence.

Here's a tidbit for all other programs to focus on...quit trumpeting your conference and try to figure out how to be the 'best version of yourself'. One program has figured it out...marches to the beat of it's own drum and vision. Of course, there are a few other nuances in the mix that are unique to Clemson and that, frankly, is truly what makes the 'secret sauce of success'. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get their opinion about Clemson's schedule...

Aug 14, 2019, 10:56 AM

I don't even get that. His entire argument is basing on the non-conference SOS. he's not mentioning the ACC scheduling in that...he's griping about Charlotte and Wofford being scheduled, but....

1) Charlotte is C-USA and is an FBS team, not FCS.
2) If he fact checked a bit, he'd see that the last time OH State had a stronger Non-Conference SOS than Clemson was the 2014-2015 season....and even then, Clemson's was top 10. But Clemson has been top 10 since 2013-2014 seasons, top 2 the last several years through this run:
2018-2019 Clemson #1:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other?date=2019-01-08

2017-2018 Clemson #2:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other?date=2018-01-08

2016-2017 Clemson #1:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other?date=2017-01-10

2015-2016 Clemson #1:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other?date=2016-01-12

2014-2015 Clemson #8:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other?date=2015-01-13

2013-2014 Clemson #1:
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/non-conference-sos-by-other?date=2014-01-07

remember when

Aug 14, 2019, 11:18 AM

App State won in the big house? I’m sure there were fans complaining about scheduling them .. before the game. Even more complained after the game!

I’m sure this is not the last you will hear of the Tigers schedule. It will certainly surface when the BCS committee starts making their own ranking.
Hopefully Dabo will use all of this as even more motivation for the team. Playing Wofford and UNCC really means you can not lose any game along the way. A one loss team who plays those two will likely not get respect over some others who play a more difficult schedule. AND... the Tigers are going to get everyone’s BEST shot. There is a lot to gain IF you can beat the best.

If you can't beat them...out message board them***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:41 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Or join them.. in their state.. literally***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:46 AM

Aug 14, 2019, 12:19 PM

I think both of our schedules suck this year. Every team will have a weak one from time to time.
FWIW, doesn’t sound like many on that thread agreed or supported him. The first response says it all.

who cares?***

Aug 14, 2019, 12:22 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 25
| visibility 6,951
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic