Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any chance the CFP committee jumps OU over ND?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,208

Any chance the CFP committee jumps OU over ND?

Dec 1, 2018, 3:54 PM

?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes

Dec 1, 2018, 3:55 PM

Re: yes

Dec 1, 2018, 4:00 PM

I hope they use the win in their conference championship game as their main reasoning!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any chance the CFP committee jumps OU over ND?

Dec 1, 2018, 3:59 PM

It is guaranteed if Bama wins today. CFP wants Bama to get ND.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I suppose there's a chance

Dec 1, 2018, 4:03 PM

But I don't think they will, and nor, IMO, should they.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 4:13 PM

I think there's at least a slim chance, but I personally don't think it's very likely. I could be totally wrong though given that this scenario is uncharted territory for the committee.

If it were up to me I would rather us play Notre Dame. I also think that a Bama-OU matchup would be fun to watch given the two high scoring offenses even though Bama would beat them easily given the disparity in each of the defenses.

As far as what matchup people would most like to see, I think a Bama-Ohio State matchup would be the most anticipated. Saban and Meyer have a history playing each other and the Buckeyes upset them with their backup QB before going on to win the title in 2014. I think that rematch would be much more anticipated than a repeat of Bama demolishing Notre Dame again like in the 2012 Championship.

I think Bama-OU would be a great matchup too given that the Sooners beat in the Sugar Bowl back in 2013. IMO, Bama-ND would be the worst matchup of the three most likely possibilities. I'm well aware of the strength of the Notre Dame fanbase, but Ohio State's fanbase is comparable and Oklahoma has a strong following as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should,but might only do it if OSU loses.

Dec 1, 2018, 4:15 PM

How could they jump one and not the other ?

100% they will. So Bama gets a Bye

Dec 1, 2018, 4:19 PM

And we have a terrible matchup w Kyler after we have boat raced OU so many times they will be out for blood.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2018, 4:22 PM

No, not gonna happen. You guys are crazy to think an undefeated ND will get jumped. Stop with the conspiracies.

If we win bigly, and Bama squeaks by, we get 1 seed

Dec 1, 2018, 5:09 PM

and Bama slides to 2, giving them ND in Texas and we get OU in Orange

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,208
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic