Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
APM Diddy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 805

APM Diddy

Jun 11, 2019, 4:03 PM

I got to know APM Diddy through cardiac rehab, we did around 20 sessions together. On my first session in April he was the first person to introduce himself and talk to me. He was the first person to introduce himself to every newbie. We ended up on the recumbent bikes together, the Clemson connection came up quickly and he bragged on his son who went to Clemson before earning degrees from other schools and traveling around the country. ATL PAW MAN® he was very proud of you. He bragged so much about you I was able to make the connection.

He bragged about all his kids, grand kids, and great grand kids. We even determined that he's got a great grand living at the end of my street. He also said he gets lost getting in and out of my 'hood. We found a few other connections in Aiken and he even said one morning that we might as well be family.

The one thing he never really talked about was himself. He seemed like a pretty humble guy. Easy going, seemed like you'd always known him. You just felt like if he had your back, your back was good. Seemed like a do for others guy. Cooked food for a couple hundred people at church one weekend to raise money for a local backpack program. Didn't seem like the type of person who complained. A "time to make the donuts" guy. Just a good guy, the type of guy we should all want to be. Family first, but his family appeared to be large: his friends, his church, and everyone in his orbit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you pretty much nailed it playah, thank you

Jun 11, 2019, 4:18 PM

Now be sho' to keep up dat rehab and take it easy if the doctor tells you to. Diddy PAW liked other people so much he didn't think about himself when maybe he should have.

But no regrets. Homie had a good life. Just wish it'd been a little longer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't seem like the type that was going to sit around

Jun 11, 2019, 8:44 PM

and let others take care of him. I believe he was doing what he should have been doing. Seems like post-heart attack is you're ###### if you do and ###### if you don't. You've got to work the heart, but not over work it. I understand the mentality of "if it takes me down again at least I'm going down fighting and on my own terms". So don't feel like he should have taken it easy, it just doesn't work like that. And I don't think that was in him.

I'll live the rest of my life under cardiologist care, swallowing pills, with an EKG on my phone so that I'll always have my "normal" abnormal with me because any doctor would send me to the ER if they took an EKG. But death is going to have to chase me down, I'm not sitting around waiting. So I totally understand why he was out playing golf and being active.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You take of yourself sir! *****

Jun 11, 2019, 8:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's about the best eulogy I ever read.

Jun 11, 2019, 7:03 PM

who wouldn't want to be that guy. Thanks. Knowing APM in Real Life, I can see that this would be true about his Diddy ALSO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That made me smile. Thank you! ******

Jun 11, 2019, 7:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most excellent post...

Jun 11, 2019, 9:06 PM

You piece of ####!
(Just referencing the definition.)

tdrake-

(Other uses- tdraked, tdraking, tdrakes)
Noun
1. A piece of ####.

Verb
2. To take a ####.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I wish I knew APM Diddy

Jun 11, 2019, 9:08 PM

The way you describe him though, if all goes as planned I'll have the chance one day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you mean good decent people will, right?

Jun 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

Cause you won’t know him homie.

You’re Obed, the most deceitful poster in the Mange.

“You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.”

In case others don’t recognize sarcasm. (Obed will.)

Jun 11, 2019, 9:30 PM

This is sarcasm.

Better men just aren't made...

Jun 11, 2019, 10:29 PM

I knew him only through church, but that was enough. He sat a couple of pews in front of us for years; lately it wasn't unusual to see some of the church kids sitting with him and his wife, because he was an extra father figure to them. He really cared for the local kids; the backpack program already mentioned sent food home with local students so they could eat over the weekends.

If something needed to be done, he was the man, the kind of guy who will require several others to step up now that he's gone.

My wife has mentioned several times how glad she is to have given Diddy a hug last week at church; now I wish that I had.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post. 6:00 AM is a little early for the feels.***

Jun 12, 2019, 6:03 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like an awesome man.***

Jun 12, 2019, 7:46 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 805
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic