Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today is the deadline for delivering the GOR to Clemson
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 851

Today is the deadline for delivering the GOR to Clemson

May 10, 2024, 9:18 AM

1. I wonder if we received it, and I wonder if we will find out it was in fact delivered?

2. ACC asked Pickens judge to throw our case out this week because primarily it will create bedlam to have competing lawsuits. No info on when Pickens will rule on that.

3. Clemson asked Meck judge to dismiss ACC case because CU is not disputing the GOR. (Only if a non conference member would still have to pay). Hearing set for July.

Lot of moving parts. I liked Matt’s article with Tampa Bay. Good summary of what has happened in the past. I too believe a settlement is inevitable, interesting how previous deals were reached by keeping a couple of old conference “buddies” on a guaranteed schedule. (Clemson vs. UNC? Miami vs FSU?)

It is really interesting how many compliments national news is giving Clemson’s approach and legal creativity. Long way to go. Can’t wait to get this behind us, and start talking football again, but this is so important to set Clemson up for the future. We need to protect our ability to reach the national championship with regards to playoff seedings, and to stay relevant in the monetary nuclear arms race to reward our athletes. Dabo has done a remarkable job of not compromising on what a Clemson student needs to have, but the school has also worked very quietly to also reward those players (see Miami for how to do the big paychecks without the right kind of focus on the whole student picture)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: Today is the deadline for delivering the GOR to Clemson

May 10, 2024, 9:24 AM

does the ACC know where Clemson is located? It sure seems difficult for them to ever schedule any tournament there or elsewhere in SC. We may have to go pick it up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 10:52 AM

74TIGER said:

does the ACC know where Clemson is located? It sure seems difficult for them to ever schedule any tournament there or elsewhere in SC. We may have to go pick it up

The know where we are located else they could not avoid playing championships within 100 miles of our campus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im proud of Clemson for insisting on doing things the right way .

May 10, 2024, 9:31 AM

I firmly believe that you can have a national championship caliber team AND emphasize education and integrity .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

May 10, 2024, 10:14 AM

Is that what they kept in that mayonnaise jar on John Swafford's porch?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 10:16 AM

GOR has been long available. The ACC-ESPN deal has not. That's what has been delivered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 851
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic