Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Per the the ACCs constitution, it must convene
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,601

Per the the ACCs constitution, it must convene

Mar 27, 2024, 10:27 PM

The board of directors and obtain 2/3rds approval before initiating legal action

Allegedly the ACC failed to do this before suing FSU.

Rumor has it that Jim Phillips reached out to the school presidents before the FSU lawsuit and determined that he could not get the required votes, and decided to forge ahead.

Haven’t heard if 2/3rds of the ACC presidents voted to sue Clemson.

I think this will be an interesting element as the litigation and negotiations proceed.

It’s important because FSU has alleged that the ACC failed to get the required approval to amend the contract signed and approved in 2016 with ESPN and unilaterally extended espn’s deadline for launching the acc network.

Rumor is that UNC’s upcoming lawsuit revolve around the ESPN contract amendment post 2016 and the conference’s breach of contract with its member institutions.

Rumors 😉

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Per the the ACCs constitution, it must convene

Mar 27, 2024, 10:44 PM

For Clemson's sake let's hope that the rumors are true. If true, then Clemson still has a few hurdles to jump through, but the ACC's counter suit is dead in the water for a lack of Cause of Action upon which relief can be granted.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Mar 27, 2024, 11:38 PM

Lack? Lack what?

Mar 27, 2024, 11:39 PM

Love your factual analysis here, of which there are no facts, but there are you many conclusions!! Tell me more about how all of this should be followed under the law?

Mar 28, 2024, 4:03 AM

U don't have a clue...the voting sworn statement has already been posted on this website 2 months ago...much to do about nothing...FSWTC has no case they signed it...we have little but we have phrased our suit as wanting all the rules laid out so we know where we stand? Somewhat different but with the same end in mind...you must have been talking about the ACC constipation!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,601
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic