Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive Line
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,001

Offensive Line

Apr 22, 2024, 2:10 PM

SR* - Walker Parks
SR* - Trent Howard
SR* - Walker Parks
SR - Marcus Tate
JR* - Tristan Leigh
JR* - Ryan Linthicum
JR* - Dietrick Pennington
JR - Blake Miller
SO* - Collin Sadler
SO - Harris Sewell
FR* - Ian Reed
FR - Elyjah Thurmon
FR - Ronan O'Connell
FR - Mason Wade
FR - Watson Young

The starting 5 + Sadler will be a solid 6. Sewell and Howard are the only other guys with a lot of game experience. Linthicum and Pennington are 4th year guys that haven't contributed at all. The rest are freshmen with zero experience.

Overall, this isn't a good group. It might be one of the worst we've had in recent memory. We should all be worried this fall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need more Walker Parks. You can never have enough.***

Apr 22, 2024, 2:15 PM

Re: We need more Walker Parks. You can never have enough.***

Apr 22, 2024, 2:17 PM

Parks is our best. Tate and Miller have NFL potential. We really need the 3 of them to stay healthy and have big seasons. We will take a step back at OC and I believe we still have a liability at LT.

The Parks reference was based on you listing him twice

Apr 22, 2024, 2:20 PM

😉. I’m only concerned about Center and injuries. Leigh will be just fine.

Re: The Parks reference was based on you listing him twice

Apr 22, 2024, 2:26 PM

Oh wow lol.

Re: Offensive Line

Apr 22, 2024, 2:26 PM

Thank you for the rundown.

I'll let you do the worrying for me this fall. Much appreesh.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2024, 2:55 PM

The one position where you really have to develop guys as much as QB is OL. Even with QB you can use athleticism to get out of pickle. OL, pure brute strength helps, but technique and knowledge of the position benefit more than anything. Hoping Luke and the seasoned guys in the system can take a big step. Agree with OP, still very worried about this group.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2024, 3:03 PM

We have very little experience. Parks and Tate have battled injuries for the last 2 seasons. Not good.

Apr 22, 2024, 3:10 PM

But we’ve got a great oline coach to make them play next level. No worries!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2024, 3:15 PM

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/football/matt-luke-brings-an-elite-recruiting-record-to-clemson

Luke has coached all over, with stints at Ole Miss, Duke, Tennesee, and Georgia. It was at Ole Miss and then at Georgia where he made a name for himself, helping to construct Hugh Freeze's lines with the Rebels before eventually taking over as head coach himself and then helping Georgia to the first national championship in 41 years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2024, 3:16 PM

He did it with a style all his own. At Georgia, he helped transform the line from a huge, lumbering unit to a sleek, athletic group. The change allowed Georgia to maintain their physical play while also getting linemen out in space, completely changing the screen game for the Bulldogs.

That's what he'll likely try to do at Clemson. He's already started the process, going after Bradwell Institute (Hinesville, Georgia) lineman Elyjah Thurmon. At 6'5, 278, Thurmon is also a basketball star, something he has in common with Broderick Jones and Amrius Mims. It'll be fun to watch how the style of linemen Clemson goes after changes under Luke and how it gels with Garrett Riley's system going forward.

This is what is happening

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol.. i have more important things to worry about.***

Apr 22, 2024, 3:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

OL ROOM....

Apr 22, 2024, 5:03 PM

Needs to get slightly bigger.

Again, we live on the edge too much. Why play with fire depth-wise and threat of injury.

Look at numbers that UGA and BAMA have in their rooms. Copy it.

OL should be an elite group at CLEM, yet it never can quite get there consistently

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2024, 7:32 PM

I think you are on to something.

Apr 22, 2024, 8:07 PM

Offensive line has never been a priority at Clemson. The Thomas Austin Experiment set it back even further. Luke cannot fix the OL in less than a year like some fans expect. Good or bad, the UGA game will be telling.

Apr 23, 2024, 9:38 AM

I hope Austin didn't set the OL back and I hope that Luke can turn it around quickly. But I have a feeling that you are right.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,001
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic