Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My best sailboat restoration since a Tiger PAW joy of love!
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,551

My best sailboat restoration since a Tiger PAW joy of love!

May 9, 2024, 7:22 PM

She was a mildewed chalky white 1975 Chrysler 22’ swing keel boat with a stern rudder which could be raised up & a long tiller handle (which I later renewed with one purchased at Naval store in Annapolis) but she was a slow sailer but sturdy and heavy.

Origin of mfg was in Plano Tx and I purchased her in 1990 at Tega Cay SC near Lake Wylie SC..

I cleaned her up with ajax, primed her, rolled on 2 coats of Navy Blue marine-grade, 1-part paint on the hull sides & stern..

then added an Orange water line with a thin white separating stripe between the two colors, had large letters custom-made that had adhesive backing, named her TiGERAG with i dotted with a tiny vinyl glued-on paw.

Then, I later painted the orange PAW onto the mainsail plus added tiny flags on halyard, then had entire interior redone with classy stripes & geometric patterns in Navy, golden yellow & orange-red for draperies, sofa & V berth pad and did countertops with matching golden yellow Formica and beige plush carpet.

I split up the main area & V Berth section with a plywood divider wall with a 2.6” walk-thru with a sliding privacy drapery for dressing or using the portal potty.

She stayed on LKW for several years at parents dock at River Hills Plantatio (Sea Pines 1st development outside their Hilton Head Island base)..

and then it was trailered & docked at Kings Point Marina on Lake Norman at Huntersville side from 1994-2001.

This sweet boat got stares, comments & admirers and was so easy to sail or motor (9.9 hp long shaft 2-stroke outboard) and it brought much joy & satisfaction. Spent many a night on it on the lake whether anchored out or at dock with power for added A/C..

and many friends, relatives & GF’s got to share in its simplicity for being able to seat 6 in cockpit as well as 4-5 sleeping.

In 1999 I acquired a 32’ Bristol Full Lead Keel sailboat & named her BEAUTY which I redid and painted the hull cream white with Navy colored stern and top cabin area..

but kept both slipped near each other for awhile while using both until BEAUTY was tractor-trailered to Wrightsville Beach NC in 2001 and sadly TiGERAG was stored until sold to a Clemson family around 2008.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My best sailboat restoration since a Tiger PAW joy of love!

May 9, 2024, 9:05 PM

Dang man …or “Nautical Bill” the sailor. You did a great job - she looked beautiful !!!

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautiful Work Bill

May 9, 2024, 9:12 PM

Love the Paw on the Mainsail! But I have to interject your lil' Whaler looked like a lot less work ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 1:07 AM

That is one beautiful boat! I learned to sail on a San Juan 21, which is similar to the Chrysler due to the swing keel. My wife and I were dating in the mid 80's and the boat bug bit. Her father was an avid sailor, but I didn't know it at the time (we had only been dating a few months). So, she made sure to tell him that her boyfriend was looking at and thinking about purchasing a power boat. He looked at me and told me, with all seriousness, to go to Hail. He took me sailing on his San Juan a week or so later and I fell in love with sailing that day. He taught me to sail and how to tie the proper knots. He kept the boat on the trailer at Portman Marina on Lake Hartwell and I could use the boat anytime I wanted. Eventually, I ended up buying a Starwind 223 in '87 and loved that boat. I kept it on Lake Murray for a good while before moving it to Lake Hartwell. My wife's uncle had a 45' ketch on Chesapeake Bay that we would go sailing on when we went up there in the summer and fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 8:26 AM

Beautiful! Definitely one to be proud of for sure!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 8:51 AM

Beautiful. That's cool 😎

GO TIGERS!!!

That's awesome.***

May 10, 2024, 9:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2024, 9:14 AM

Reminds me of a Buffett song...
A Pirate Looks At 40

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

May 10, 2024, 9:28 AM

A Tiger looks at 90.

Tiger Attorney General?***

May 10, 2024, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the Murdaugh kids sail that a few years ago?***

May 10, 2024, 9:27 AM

IS THIS SITLL AVAILABLe? Nancy LOVES this show! ~~ Ron***

May 10, 2024, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha..funny stuff youse last 3 -4 posters!

May 10, 2024, 12:29 PM

especially CharlestonTiger15~

And, i lighted The GiPPER very much!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,551
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next