Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Day 3 of covid, ready to be done with it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 6
| visibility 101

Day 3 of covid, ready to be done with it.

Nov 9, 2023, 7:57 PM

I say day 3, but had a bad cough and sore throat starting about 6 days ago, but didn't test positive until Tuesday. This my second round if covid, and I was not vaxxed for this strain. So far it's been like a painintheass case of mild flu. Low grade fever, cough, sore throat, achy all over, tired as hell. First time I was fully vaxxed and boosted, and it was pretty similar to this time. I have been much sicker with the flu.

Anyway, thanks to The Lunge for keeping me entertained and occupied during downtime.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Day 3 of covid, ready to be done with it.

Nov 9, 2023, 8:03 PM

i took a round of paxlovid and steroids and felt better day 1

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never had covid. Ever. Not once. Not a single time. Ever.

Nov 9, 2023, 8:11 PM

I'm 0-35 to 40-ish on nasal swabs. PCR, RAT, doesn't matter. I have yet to ever test positive for covid. Now, to be fair, I have never once, in my 47 years on this blue marble, EVER tested positive for ANYTHING with a swab up the nose. So there's that.

Best I can guess, I'm 90% sure I've had covid three times. Could be 4 or 5 times, but three seems a safe bet. If everyone else in the house tests positive, and are sick, and I'm sick as well, with the same symptoms, I will assume I've had it. That's three times now I've had it, and everyone else in the house, and I have yet to test positive.

Only had a fever once. Sniffles twice. The snot is a different texture from allergies and colds. One mild cough. Once had a low fever. Lost taste and smell once. The worst part starts about 3 weeks later. FATIGUE, like bad. Had that twice. Lasts a good month or so. Brain fog lasts several weeks as well. The long covid stuff is real. It hasn't been debilitating, but it definitely slows me WAY down for SEVERAL weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paxlovid. Stat.***

Nov 9, 2023, 8:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Broseph, I just popped positive myself about an hour or two ago,

Nov 9, 2023, 8:24 PM

first time testing positive since Covid was invented. Not sure if I picked it up in Clemson--Friday night at Loose Change/Backstreets/Overtime would be good candidates. Tuesday rolled around and I started getting congested and got a bit of a sore throat. By that evening, I had some of the worst fever chills I've ever had--every bit as bad as the flu that I usually get once every 5 years, give or take.

Felt surprisingly good yesterday, went to Costco with the wife (this was before testing, obviously), did some stuff around the house...then started feeling bad again last night. Sweated like crazy all night, but couldn't take the covers off because freezing. Had to wash my sheets and pillows and mattress pad this morning, and not for any fun reason. Weird thing is I'm pretty sure I've had Covid once or twice prior--it's definitely run through our house, I've just never tested positive. I did have antibodies at a high enough level to be able to donate plasma to convalescent Covid patients, and that was over a year after taking the vaccine, so that would probably indicate that I'd had it somewhat recently.

Worst part is, my sister and her spouse are coming into town tomorrow for Dad's bday on Saturday, have 3.5 bushels of oysters reserved, and also have reservations at Hall's tomorrow night. That might be the worst part. I missed going to Hall's probably 5-6 years ago with the same crowd because of the flu--I gotta be sick AF to not go grub at that joint, and I was.

Anyway,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're having a friendsgiving tomorrow.

Nov 10, 2023, 9:07 AM

Or, I should say, we were until my wife tested positive for covid this morning. She's been fighting what she thought was a cold and decided to take a couple tests out of an abundance of caution. Guess we'll be having turkey for two and I'm going to have to devour two dozen oysters by me onesies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had it back in April

Nov 10, 2023, 10:06 AM

took a solid 2 weeks to get over it. Despite not eating much and having an active toilet life for a few days..did not lose ONE OUNCE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 101
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next