Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson goes down meekly in the 7th. Same problems that have showed up all
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 7
| visibility 702

Clemson goes down meekly in the 7th. Same problems that have showed up all

May 17, 2024, 4:30 PM

year sunk us today. Poor fielding, and not enough hitting against good pitching, and our gals getting pummeled in the circle. I, and others earlier in the season stated that something just seems to be missing from the team this year, some lack of team chemistry, unity, whatever. We certainly didn't show any fire today.

And, unless we have an INCREDIBLE recruiting class, and they all play super as freshmen, next season looks like a down year. And yes, I know this season is technically not over yet, but in reality, it is. Even if a miracle happens in this regional, this team just doesn't have the horses to make the WCWS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson goes down meekly in the 7th. Same problems that have showed up all

May 17, 2024, 4:33 PM

yep... agree. Something definitely off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 4:37 PM

Taking too many pitches. The SEL pitcher was throwing 45 mph offspeed. Take the bat off your shoulder and use it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 4:44 PM

A lot of questions have been ask by Tiger Softball fans on Tigernet this season with all the expectations coming into this year, more than ever in the previous 4 years and there is a reason for sure on why this season has turned out the way it has but only the coaches and the team know exactly what the reason is,doubt they will ever tell you the whole story though if ask by media as they will keep it a secret once the season is over with.

May 17, 2024, 4:48 PM

Coaching staff was good for the startup, but not long term. Poor hitting and fielding with a seasoned team goes back to coaching or lack there of!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SSDD weve seen it all year. Other than McKenzie and Oda most players have had

May 17, 2024, 5:00 PM

a disappointing year. The infield switch around still makes zero sense. Moore was good at the plate and at 2B and then she gets moved to SS.

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2024, 6:01 PM

Yeap something is not right about this team and the coaches are not developing them to improve hitting and fielding.

Looks like Cagle is hurt or sick or both

May 17, 2024, 7:25 PM

76er® said:

year sunk us today. Poor fielding, and not enough hitting against good pitching, and our gals getting pummeled in the circle. I, and others earlier in the season stated that something just seems to be missing from the team this year, some lack of team chemistry, unity, whatever. We certainly didn't show any fire today.

And, unless we have an INCREDIBLE recruiting class, and they all play super as freshmen, next season looks like a down year. And yes, I know this season is technically not over yet, but in reality, it is. Even if a miracle happens in this regional, this team just doesn't have the horses to make the WCWS.

IMHO she should have punted on this season long ago. Cagle does not need the grief. She's one of the top two or three athletes in Clemson history in any sport.

Replies: 7
| visibility 702
Tiger Boards - Women's Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next