Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be neat if TigerNet Staff (Hood writing) had a RAT history day
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 462

Be neat if TigerNet Staff (Hood writing) had a RAT history day

May 21, 2024, 4:48 PM

for our youngsters and tell why early Clemson College freshmen Cadets were called RATs..show some cap pics (I have my 1959 faded orange cap with GF’s name penned under from front visor area)..and tell some of the crazy deeds they had to endure from upper class men..

like go to Dan’s for burger orders..climb the greased flagpole in front of Main/Tillman to bring down the ? (i forget!)

go to Pendleton which then was the main road into Tigertown to stand guard from possible raid from Coots during the preliminary Big Thursday football game bonfire celebration & cheer sessions and attended by Coach Howard with a crazy wild but cool sermon given by Gator Farr at the Amphitheater.

Saying..history ROCKs and I was a history major (when I had a memory)!

Go TiGERs Everywhere in the World~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be neat if TigerNet Staff (Hood writing) had a RAT history day

May 22, 2024, 10:34 AM

Lot's of history regarding the RATS to be told. I'm sure much would be embellished. But I am 81yoa and still remember those days as if it was yesterday. Like you, I Still have my rat hat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 462
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic