Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tyler Grisham
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 27
| visibility 2,851

Tyler Grisham

Apr 16, 2024, 1:45 AM

Give me yalls thoughts but I think if wesco and moore don’t pan out then Grisham absolutely shouldn’t have a job because ever since Jeff Scott left we have declined in wr production tremendously. The talent is there but the production isn’t. Everyone called for streeters head when he wasn’t producing but what about Grisham no one really says anything about him but the stats don’t lie. I hope I can eat my words but I don’t think Grisham is that good of a coach and if we need to I think dabo has to make the decision to move on from him if we don’t see progress in these next couple of seasons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tyler Grisham

Apr 16, 2024, 2:17 AM

Just remember not everything is the fault of Tyler Grisham

QB play, QB development, offensive scheme, WR play, WR coaching, catching the ball, O-Line play, O-Line coaching, on and on

We will only see the real problem when the fixable “issues” are fixed.

I personally think the receivers were a bright spot last year. Tyler Brown coming on, Antonio Williams keeps improving.

QB has to make plays and get the ball to them. WR play often is reliant on the trust the WRs have in their QB to get them the ball. How could they since Trevor left?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 8:18 AM

Yep, Grisham is going to get a pass for now. He can't coach his WR's to catch balls thrown in the dirt.

If there is no noticeable improvement this year then he will 100% be burning on the hot seat for 2025

He can't coach them to catch it when it hits their hands either

Apr 16, 2024, 9:12 AM

or to run the right route, or block, or be aggressive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Tyler Grisham ]

True - but everything wasn't Streeter's fault either. He was the scapegoat - didn't offensive production decrease after Streeter (last year) vs 2022.

WR not blocking for years is absolutely his responsibility***

Apr 16, 2024, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Tyler Grisham ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 7:11 AM

He hasn’t done good but out receivers we’re open alot more last year than people think. Unfortunately we have the worst QB in college football. Cade is bad in every aspect of the game

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 7:11 AM

But our receivers were

Apr 16, 2024, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Tyler Grisham ]

Wrong

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

This analysis or is off

Apr 16, 2024, 7:15 AM

In Grisham’s first season at WR we had the most productive passing game in Clemson history. It was Cornell Powell and Amari Rogers improving with Grisham’s coaching, and they parlayed great seasons into NFL draft picks.

For the last 3 seasons we’ve had guys every bit as good as Cornell and Rogers.

The difference? QB.

Grisham takes waaaay too much heat for the Clemson program being mired in mediocre QB play.

If/when the QB takes off, then maybe he’ll see the open WRs on basically every play, and like magic the WRs will look better.

It takes a QB first and foremost.

Re: This analysis or is off

Apr 16, 2024, 10:52 AM

Wr route running has dropped off, they don't track the ball well, they don't get position, they don't block with any aggression, I don't see many of them fighting for the ball in the air either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I dont agree. Are you really watching the WRs or just basing

Apr 16, 2024, 1:42 PM

those comments on common rhetoric? The WRs are getting open and there are options available on nearly every pass play.

High pointing is not as prevalent as when we had Trevor Lawrence, Tee Higgins, and Justyn Ross, but nowadays we don’t have a Trevor Lawrence to take the chance and place the ball in good location when a man is covered. We dont see many at all opportunities for high pointing and 50/50 balls, but that’s because DJ and Cade have very rarely taken those chances and when they did it wasn’t well placed.

I think all that other stuff is just repeating what you read here and not what’s really going on on the field.

Again, with a great or elite QB we could have (5) Tee Higgins and it wouldn’t make a difference.

The difference is QB. All great teams have great QB play. For the last 3 years, we have not. That MUST change now.

*without a great QB***

Apr 16, 2024, 1:44 PM

Re: I dont agree. Are you really watching the WRs or just basing

Apr 16, 2024, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I dont agree. Are you really watching the WRs or just basing ]

I'm not repeating what I read I'm stating what I see. WR play has taken a nose dive. The guys are not playing with an edge, even if the QB is not elite they should be blocking and holding their own vs dbs in the run game and screen game. How many times do you see the wrs getting blown up or straight planted on screen plays? It was at least a handful times a game last year. And WRs getting open after 5 seconds is not good either, just because someone is open late does not mean wrs are running free every play. Tyler Brown and Antonio Williams both came in during the summer and we're immediately the best route runners on the team and used their hands the best.

null

Sir, Id venture to guess youre not watching the 2nd and 3rd

Apr 16, 2024, 4:03 PM

levels on every passing play. If you were, then you’d see someone open every play.

Cool story though. If Cade improves then so do the receivers. It’s really that simple.

Re: This analysis or is off

Apr 16, 2024, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: This analysis or is off ]

At least some people realize this sure Cade hasn’t been as advertised and needs to improve but the receivers haven’t helped him out much either. They don’t create much separation at all and you don’t see anyone bring any play making ability except brown and Antonio. I do have faith in the group these next 2 seasons I think they will improve but if they don’t you have got to question Grishams ability to develop receivers point blank period.

Separation is a myth generated by fans who arent

Apr 17, 2024, 10:37 AM

seeing the open options on every play. We have a great WR group. The QB needs to see them, and suddenly they’ll look like great receivers. That’s precisely what we haven’t seen for 3 seasons - a great QB.

no you big dummy..... the internet coaches have already decided

Apr 16, 2024, 7:42 AM

the post spring game scapegoat is Cade. Anything and everything bad in the world is Cades fault.

I'll have an update for you on the new scape goat once summer practice starts...but it rarely changes until the 1st game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: no you big dummy..... the internet coaches have already decided

Apr 16, 2024, 9:35 AM

Post spring scapegoat? I’m not gonna ask if you watched the games last year because I’m sure you watched all of them like most of us. What is there to debate? The kid is bad in every aspect of the position. Maybe just maybe when given time his ball placement is somewhat accurate but that is it. He doesn’t have anything to offer physically and is as dumb as they come mentally

Re: no you big dummy..... the internet coaches have already decided

Apr 16, 2024, 1:45 PM

Maybe you should stick to baseball 🙄

Apr 16, 2024, 7:45 AM

It's amazing that someone with a college degree thinks its ok to attribute a situation to one variable while eliminating all other variables when the other variables should carry equal weight.

Apr 16, 2024, 9:11 AM

It is simply a case where our defense is so far ahead of our offense that it destroys the confidence of our offense until later in the season when our offense has some success against other teams and not playing against our D everyday in practice.

Apr 16, 2024, 9:32 AM

The amount of injuries has also been an isdue. I get the QB argument, but that doesn’t explain the continuing poor technique blocking by the majority of the WRs. It doesn’t excuse poor technique high pointing 50/50 for those who have the athletic ability to do it. It doesn’t explain the poor technique running routes. These are things that get pointed out over several years now, especially with those players that have only taken instruction from Coach Grisham.

Ok, just my opinion here. Grisham upped his game with recruiting the past couple years. That has kept him on staff despite other issues. This season may be the fish or cut bait year for Grisham. You could make a counter argument that better fundamental play from developing and improving receivers would help overcome problems in other areas of the offense (ie an area of strength vs. weakness).

Apr 16, 2024, 10:15 AM

Both QB and WR need time to run a play. The most important factor to 2024 is OL play. During the second half of the bowl game, Cade showed that he could make the throws when he had time in the pocket

Apr 16, 2024, 2:47 PM

Correct WaterboyII......you nailed it. With the OLines we have had the past three years, there is not a QB alive or dead that could make it work. The poor guy spent the entire year running for his life.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2024, 10:58 AM

I think the Coots will ALWAYS be irrelevant.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:59 AM

I think the Coots will ALWAYS be irrelevant.

Ill take Thumpers dads advice here and move on.***

Apr 16, 2024, 2:44 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 2,851
Tiger Boards - Clemson Basketball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next